Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 122 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #1816
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was joking about the drinks. I'm on so many medications, alcohol would probably stop my heart. The show will be ending late anyway and after all the climbing we did today, I wouldn't likely be in a mood to hang out long afterwards.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #1817
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Seriously, do you want to go? I can likely get another pair of tickets. Let me know soon if you do.
Just checked with the wife and she's game. Sending you an email now.
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #1818
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Tickets are gone. Have fun, Davidson!
Unread 11-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #1819
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
THANKS YSB!!! We are very excited!
Unread 11-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #1820
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks again! It was great to meet you and your wife, and it was great time at the show. The seats were fantastic!
Unread 11-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #1821
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Phantom is an awesome show. I haven't been since they shortened it. My wife has a few friends that play in the orchestra occasionally we get tickets that way. Otherwise a little expensive for 2 college students on the budget that pest control provides.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #1822
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Thanks again! It was great to meet you and your wife, and it was great time at the show. The seats were fantastic!
Glad you enjoyed it. If you would have paid for the seats, they would have been $175 each. Where you were seated, it would have been worth every penny. Hope you and the wife enjoyed your date and break from the kid.

I bet the songs are still stuck in your head.
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #1823
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Phantom is an awesome show. I haven't been since they shortened it. My wife has a few friends that play in the orchestra occasionally we get tickets that way. Otherwise a little expensive for 2 college students on the budget that pest control provides.
I have a hook up there too. We've seen Phantom about a dozen times. We didn't stay for the show last night. After all the climbing we did earlier yesterday my legs and back were killing me. Sitting for an hour and a half wouldn't have been fun.

I have a brother in law that is in pest control in Florida. Alligators and snakes were common pests to remove there. I think he was pest control with a trappers license. He once went on a pest control job, was under a house and found a human body. It was there many years. The police tracked down the previous owner and charged him with a murder from around 30 years ago.
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #1824
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Crazy. We dont really have anything that interesting here. Our company usually does commercial stuff. Im really hating my job but my boss is cool and it pays the bills. My wife is in her last year of law school. It will be a lot easier financially once she starts working. I should have taken school a lot more seriously. It sucks working 50 hr weeks and full time school. No time for the jeep.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #1825
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it. If you would have paid for the seats, they would have been $175 each. Where you were seated, it would have been worth every penny. Hope you and the wife enjoyed your date and break from the kid.

I bet the songs are still stuck in your head.
I've been humming the music ever since we left the show. Good thing it's enjoyable music or I would be in trouble! It was something else to feel the heat from the pyrotechnics on my face when they were going off.
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #1826
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is the Sultan mine in 1921 and how it stands today. Not much of it left.

The Sultan mine is southwest of Goodsprings close to the CA border.
sultan-mine-1921.jpg   sultan-now.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #1827
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This is another mine in that area from maybe a month ago. As you can see in these pictures, it was a long way down and up. I wouldn't want anyone to attempt this without the proper equipment and experience, so for safety reasons I won't be including coordinates like I usually do. If you ever come across a scene like this inside a mine, never, ever, ever, ever, use the ladders!
img_2387.jpg   img_2367.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #1828
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's another box of dynamite. If I thought I could safely get it up with me, I would have taken it home.
img_2366.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #1829
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is the longest ore chute I've seen in any mine. It was probably 100 feet tall, deep inside the mine in a stope. A stope is a cavernous area where an ore deposit is removed from inside a mine. Some of these stopes can be huge.
img_2343.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #1830
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

A wheel barrow found near the very bottom of the mine.
img_2332.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.