Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1219 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 11-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #18271
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Seriously Merrick!? Are you really that offended or otherwise disturbed by my CL ad? What is your issue? Did I say or do something that in some way made you feel like you needed to act like a complete as sclown? Seriously, grow up and find better things to occupy your time with! If you're that bored, go to the gym or deal with your issues in some other constructive way! The joke was funny for the first few hundred posts, but now it's just sad....
lolwut?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #18272
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody made a clone of his ad on CL. Says the exact same but has extra crap in there about laughing all the way to the bank and how newer Jeeps with less miles have lower asking prices.

I would post a link but seriously, the joke was dead days ago.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #18273
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Well I didn't believe it and had to look it up. It's true some a-hole reposted his ad and added some extra crap. Really someone has nothing better to do. This **** is getting real old real quick.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #18274
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Well I didn't believe it and had to look it up. It's true some a-hole reposted his ad and added some extra crap. Really someone has nothing better to do. This **** is getting real old real quick.
x2 hes just trying to make some cash....we all are!
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #18275
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A joke is one thing, an we all take as much as we receive, but when it goes too far, it loses its humor and when it gets personal like that, it's way too far, and not cool!
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #18276
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can anybody tell me about how much it costs to reload .308?
How many times can you reuse the casings? Where do you get the actual bullet? What keeps the primer in place? About how much does the equipment cost? How do you know how much powder to use? What makes you decide on one powder over another? How far do you press the bullet into the casing? What does it mean to "crimp" a casing? How long does it take to reload say 100 rounds?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #18277
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
How many times can you reuse the casings? Where do you get the actual bullet? What keeps the primer in place? About how much does the equipment cost? How do you know how much powder to use? What makes you decide on one powder over another? How far do you press the bullet into the casing? What does it mean to "crimp" a casing? How long does it take to reload say 100 rounds?
This question has far too many variables to answer definitively. I can load it for around $.50/rd. bullets can be bought at gun shows, online, or at bass pro. Get a reloading manual and it will have bullet depth, powder charge, velocities, etc. you chose bullet/powder combos for what you want to do with the round. Equipment costs anywhere from a few hundred to well over a thousand for a complete setup. As far as time, depending on equipment, it will take anywhere from 1-2hrs to 4-5 hrs depending on skill and brass. You can usually get 5-10 reloads or more out of a case, as long as you aren't loading them hot.
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #18278
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The primer is "pressed" into the case, so friction holds it in place. Crimping the case is done after bullet seating and is generally to help with feed issues in semi autos and some bolt actions. It closes the top of the case around the bullet creating a smoother edge transition from bullet to case.
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #18279
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Powder choice is similar to bullet choice and is mostly trial and error. Different guns like different bullets an powder charges/types. Powders are either flaked, balls, or pellets. Some are fast burn and some are slow burn. Generally the slow burn is used in long barrel rifles whereas the fast burn is for pistols. Powders all have different burn rates and pressure numbers, mixed with bullet weight, shape, and case type, all create distinct variables when loading. That's why I recommend using like stamped cases for loads instead of mix matching cases.
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #18280
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I honestly can not think who would have reposted that ad. It is one thing for us to bust his balls on here, but to do it in the marketplace where he is trying to sell it is another story. Heck I work from home and I don't even have that much time to kill.

I was back at sportsmans warehouse today looking at guns... I am going to get myself in trouble if I don't cut it out.
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #18281
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
You've got a lot in there. I would say start with a reloading handbook. It will tell you what measure powder for what load. You can use a case until it either cracks or bends so far out of whack you can't straighten it out. Primers press into the case pretty tightly. You can get the bullets or slugs from midway or any other supplier. Depends on how exact you are on you quality control and whether a round is rifle or handgun. Handgun I can do 100 in an hour. Sometimes more. But that is after I've already tumbled the brass. Equipment can range in price. My dad has got a dillon progressive press that was pretty much the best you could get 20yrs ago. It is a little pricy to get into but if you shoot enough you will save money. There are a lot of variables as well. Do you plan on buying brass or picking it up? If I remember tomorrow ill look up .308 in my handbook and quote a cost of 100 .308 rounds.
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #18282
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I honestly can not think who would have reposted that ad. It is one thing for us to bust his balls on here, but to do it in the marketplace where he is trying to sell it is another story. Heck I work from home and I don't even have that much time to kill.

I was back at sportsmans warehouse today looking at guns... I am going to get myself in trouble if I don't cut it out.
That is my problem. When I go to buy A gun I usually end up leaving with some guns. Now that I'm married that doesn't happen anymore.
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #18283
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Seriously Merrick!? Are you really that offended or otherwise disturbed by my CL ad? What is your issue? Did I say or do something that in some way made you feel like you needed to act like a complete as sclown? Seriously, grow up and find better things to occupy your time with! If you're that bored, go to the gym or deal with your issues in some other constructive way! The joke was funny for the first few hundred posts, but now it's just sad....
Let it go man... Let it go.. There's always gonna be a tool out there somewhere and we don't even know it was someone from here; getting uptight about it only raises your blood pressure and eggs them on.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #18284
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

That is my problem. When I go to buy A gun I usually end up leaving with some guns. Now that I'm married that doesn't happen anymore.
My problem is when I go shoot, i usually shoot with other people that have really cool guns and it makes me want more and more guns. Guns are bad because they take away from my Jeeping habit. Jeeps are bad because they take away from my gun habit. I like all guns. Marn is an *** for letting me shoot his M1A. Powr is an *** for letting me shoot his TC Encore. Ksturgio is an *** for letting me shoot his M1 Garand. Puck is an *** just because.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #18285
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You will need a reloading manual, press, powder measure, scale, dial calipers, a sturdy work bench(built mine), a brass tumbler, dies and shell holders for the calibers you're loading, plus the consumables. Bullets and powder vary widely in price. For just plinking, buy it, it's usually cheaper. If you're going for accuracy, load it. It's a long process to find what works best. If you buy new brass, the cost goes up, but if you buy loaded and then reload, you save a little. Primers are typically around $20 for a thousand. Bullets can range from $.25-.75/rd. it all depends on weight, shape, quality, and manufacture. Powder varies by weight and volume. It can be literally a few grains to a sugar packet full. There are so many variables that a quote on price can be difficult. Plus the time it takes you to load it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.