Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #18001
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
So if everyone's calculations are correct I should be able to get at least 35,000 for my CJ? Sweet!!
That one guy was asking 85k!

Unread 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #18002
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
WTF is going on in here. Good job Andy stirring up the pot. Haha.

Wait a compass is a jeep? One of my wife's friends said liberties were pretty sick the other day. What is the world coming to?
I almost bought a patriot a few years back. My mom has one, little stick shift 4x4 that gets 30mpg, small lifts available. I figure it'd be better than driving a corolla or hyundai if fuel economy is a concern.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #18003
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

That one guy was asking 85k!
I don't have a V8 conversion that's at least worth 50,000. Lol but I due have the original emblems on it.
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #18004
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I don't have a V8 conversion that's at least worth 50,000. Lol but I due have the original emblems on it.
run over to Ted Weins and pay for lifetime alignments, the convenience of that should also add another few grand to the value.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #18005
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

guy in the FSJ section of the forum offered this up to whoever wants em, I hit him up.

no real damage or anything, just old and nasty. they're from his 65 wagoneer. They'll clean up nicely, i'll apply some new paint, and when I do my axle swap I'm hoping to pick up some oem-style steel rims that'll go well with the hub caps.

Quote:

Unread 11-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #18006
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Wagoneer is not equal to Compass.
Way to **** that up! Now nobody is going to click the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
WTF is going on in here. Good job Andy stirring up the pot. Haha.

Wait a compass is a jeep? One of my wife's friends said liberties were pretty sick the other day. What is the world coming to?
Alls I did was joke a bit. Like Powr said, he knows he was high with his price but the method to his madness is undeniable. People will always undercut on CL. If he winds up getting more than blue book, then so be it. Who are we to judge based upon that? History tells us all that we really need to know. Greg sold a pack and play or some such baby thing on CL. Then the guy wanted it delivered. It would have cost me more in gas to deliver it to said dude than what it sold for. What would have happened if he had listed it for a higher price?

Oh, and I have seen some pretty badass liberties out there. I am especially fond of the saw in the drivers seat designed to cut off dangly bits.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #18007
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, and if I remember, Khris listed his for like 16 or 18, and ended up selling for half that?
$12K and $9K over 4 months time period if you're going to use me as a statistic in your public mental breakdown.

Quote:
I'm not selling because I found the next best thing.
My driveway has half the cars it had in it, I've got the 2 rides I wanted in it and I got the savings account to show for it. Those were the 3 goals of my "next best thing" that I followed thru with.

Curious, is the JK gonna have a long arm kit under it?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #18008
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Way to **** that up! Now nobody is going to click the link.

I clicked on it...

Unread 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #18009
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Curious, is the JK gonna have a long arm kit under it?
Yes, eventually it would have a long arm under it. And I remember your first post was for 15k ish on yours. A family changes your perspective on things quite a bit. When it was just me and my wife, the TJ was plenty. Now, I need the room and comfort for children. I don't lie the engines available in JKs, but concessions must be made. I saw an liked Greg's, and he doesn't seem to have any problems getting where he wants, an has been able to out perform TJs on trails. He's got plenty of room in his and it looks good too. All subtle adjustments, but its nice. I would go with a 3-4" long arm, with 33-35" tires and some bumper/fender upgrades. At that point it would be quite capable and look good too. I'm totally over the soft top crap, and want a hard top. The new ones have removable front sections to make a sort of targa top. That combined with four open windows or no doors, and you've got an open air jeep! I don't like building something just to get rid I it, but plans change and situations make turns when you don't foresee it. At this point, JKUR seems like the best long term choice. The 12-13s supposedly can tow up to 5k lbs, whereas the TJ can only tow 1500-2000lbs(rated) I know people do more, but its not safe, especially when you are carrying children. If you don't have kids, you'll never understand, you may think you do, but its impossible to truly get it.
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #18010
sirhk100

That first post was me being a smart ***, my first advertisement on CL was for $12K or $12.5K. I can log into CL and look at my post history if you really want? Point being, I was pricing mine with other similarly built ones out there. Those others ones had the prices drop just like mine did.

If you get a 6 speed manual and want a spare transmission I'll make a you a SMOKING deal on one though! (I'm serious, not being a smartass this time! LOL)

Don't drive a 2012 cause if you do, you won't want a '07-'11... That's my only advice!

And what you need/want I don't think is the cause of the craptalking... It's the price...

For instance, sure the mileage is different but the price is also VERY different... And look under the frame between the tires. And look at the badge on the hood meaning the axles under it and the gearing the t-case. I can't find anything remotely similar to yours in that price range. I did see a 4 door jk rubicon though!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3419122976.html

And you're right, I don't know the kids thing... To be honest, I've never had interest in knowing either. I also have never mentioned and would never bring that into this at all. I've also never once mentioned anything remotely about your choice to sell, what you're buying, why you're selling, or why your buying... I just simply think you're absolutely stoned as shiat with your asking price. Like I said, I priced mine about $500 over the rest that were there when mine hit the market. 4 months later it sold right where all the same ones had also dropped down to. I went with the flow...

Unread 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #18011
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris, I think I read somewhere about you going out of town this weekend? Any chance I could borrow your truck?

Hehe... Dunes...

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #18012
sirhk100

LOL, yes, you're right, I am leaving town. The problem with your question is, I'm taking the truck with me. The exploder is staying home this time. You're welcome to cruise by and check on it for me though. It'll be in the side yard behind the locked gate. LOL

Unread 11-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #18013
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, yes, you're right, I am leaving town. The problem with your question is, I'm taking the truck with me. The exploder is staying home this time. You're welcome to cruise by and check on it for me though. It'll be in the side yard behind the locked gate. LOL

That makes you a great big meanie head.

How about the other truck? It runs now right? Going to need a shake down! I will gladly do that for you!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #18014
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Like the guy that's got the hemi JKUR on CL for 44k? He's not going to get that, but if he does, score! I don't NEED to sell right this minute, so listing stupid high is an option for me. Once I get some cash saved(taxes come back) ill get more aggressive with the price and make it competitive. It just an X, which is one step above base model sport! I know I'm not getting retail price for my upgrades, but if some idiot offers 20 or 22, it's gone! Who knows. If I have to settle for 12-15, I'll trade it in and get my 18-19 at the dealer and come out ahead! Plus with dealer incentives for 1-3k, I'll do my long arm out the gate! I've said before, I think out loud a lot, but that doesn't mean I just butterfly around with buying stuff that doesn't go together. I like getting educated opinions from everyone here, and appreciate the valid input. It's part of what has helped me decide on the change. Believe me, if I thought I could get mine to where I want it for less than the cost of going JKUR, I would. JKUR just seems financially more sound than chasing a rubi in my X, and dumping thousands of dollars in it and being without the cargo room. My price listed is what it's worth to me today! In four moths, it will probably be worth KBB value to me, and it will go. I want to enjoy it while I still have it, and don't want to sell it. Thus the 25k, it's kind of like someone at a car show asking what's your number to sell it? And they reply, not for sale. Then they say, everything's for sale, give me a number! Then the guy says 50k. At that point, it either gets sold, or goes back home at the end of the show. That ish DOES happen. At super run last year, a guy did that to a show winner and he sold it to the guy. Mines not a show car, but you get the idea....
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #18015
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Get a mini van.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.