Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1200 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15Ē/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #17986
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Still trying to figure out the tub of butter thing lol.

Anyways whats a good place in town with lifetime alingments?

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #17987
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I guess I missed it lol, who is asking 25K for what and how did I get involved?
Here is the link on CL. (It's at least good for a laugh, haha)

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3417449029.html
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #17988
sirhk100

If it had Moabs on it, it would probably sell for $30K.

And Garza, we were all laughing at his asking price and knowing you pretty much have the heaviest built rig on this section of the forum I was saying you'd probably be lucky to pull $25K from yours and as you can see from the link above, it's a slightly different beast. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #17989
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a prediction for the trail run that Powr is putting together in the other thread.

Powr is going to back out at the last second. He will have traded his TJ and a little cash to a JK owner. On the way to pick up the JK, he will fall asleep behind the wheel and crash into a tractor-trailer full of kittens. The kittens will escape un-harmed but will all be turned into roadkill. The blood and guts all over the road will cause a bus full of handicapped children and Nun's to lose control and crash into a power sub-station combined with a huge explosion that can be seen from space. Half the valley will lose power causing more buses to crash into each other at intersections in firey explosions. The resulting explosions will be enough to change the rotation of the Earth and the poles will swap. All life on the planet will be destroyed and we will all have Powr to blame. Way to go Powr. You single-handedly made the mayan prediction come to pass.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #17990
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

You think I should offer a tube sock filled with Cheese-whiz?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #17991
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, and if I remember, Khris listed his for like 16 or 18, and ended up selling for half that? I have no illusions on what it's worth! I'm not selling because I found the next best thing. I'm totally happy with mine, BUT my family of four just doesn't fit in a TJ, at least if we wanna bring anything on a trail with us! Everyone here thinks they are so clever and always correct in their interpretations on everyone else's thoughts and ideas. In reality, none of us have any clue what everyone else's motivations are. This forum has gone from a friendly chat and trail discussion to a pubescent bickering fest! Everyone here can agree on some friendly ribbing and teasing, but its seriously gotten out of control. No wonder Ysb and polka got sick of the childish crap repeated over and over!
Do I honestly believe my rig is worth/ will sell for 25k? Now read very carefully here-> NO WAY IN HELL! However, if someone is willing to pay that, awesome(again for the fourth time) I realistically see me taking my lights and OBA off and trading it to a dealer on a new one, as I'll get more value for it that way. None of us start a build or finish a build with the intentions of getting what we pay for it when we sell. If that's your plan, go back to school, because you obviously don't understand depreciation!
BTW, I HAVE seriously considered and researched cargo ideas, and this is what I've come up with. If I do a receiver rack on top o the spare tire, I've got room for a cooler, and my camera bag. A roof top rack gives more cargo, but they're expensive and top heavy. A trailer either built by myself or bought will be at least 500-1000, depending on what it is and how it's built. Then annual registration added in(minuscule, but another bill) plus tires. A TJ doesn't tow a trailer very well. It will do it, but doesn't like it(EVERYONE on here(except me) complains about the performance of the TJ on freeway hills without a trailer)
Long story short, use some common sense and think about what your responses will be before you judge somebody's posts. We've all nailed to the cross multiple times(must be feeling like Jesus caught in Groundhog Day by now) but he made a mistake and found a way to correct it. It happens, and we all have our own routes to get to our goals. We can't all build our own rigs like Khris, and we don't have unlimited funds like some here seem to. Instead of a pissing contest, this should be a supportive and constructive arena, but has fallen way short of that!
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #17992
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
I have a prediction for the trail run that Powr is putting together in the other thread.

Powr is going to back out at the last second. He will have traded his TJ and a little cash to a JK owner. On the way to pick up the JK, he will fall asleep behind the wheel and crash into a tractor-trailer full of kittens. The kittens will escape un-harmed but will all be turned into roadkill. The blood and guts all over the road will cause a bus full of handicapped children and Nun's to lose control and crash into a power sub-station combined with a huge explosion that can be seen from space. Half the valley will lose power causing more buses to crash into each other at intersections in firey explosions. The resulting explosions will be enough to change the rotation of the Earth and the poles will swap. All life on the planet will be destroyed and we will all have Powr to blame. Way to go Powr. You single-handedly made the mayan prediction come to pass.
This actually made me chuckle! Who would have known if find my place in history after all, oh wait, there would be no history after that!
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #17993
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^Panties in a wad ^^^^^ haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #17994
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
^^^^Panties in a wad ^^^^^ haha
Thank you for proving my point. Ever hear the phrase "in one ear and out the other?" Yeah, or just didn't have the attention span to read the entire thing?
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #17995
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Jeebus, i dont know whether to sit back and watch the drama unfold, or to make a comment about how i just listed my wagoneer for $12,000

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #17996
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Jeebus, i dont know whether to sit back and watch the drama unfold, or to make a comment about how i just listed my wagoneer for $12,000
WTF??? http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3420856324.html

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #17997
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Wagoneer is not equal to Compass.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #17998
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

WTF is going on in here. Good job Andy stirring up the pot. Haha.

Wait a compass is a jeep? One of my wife's friends said liberties were pretty sick the other day. What is the world coming to?
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #17999
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

So if everyone's calculations are correct I should be able to get at least 35,000 for my CJ? Sweet!!
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #18000
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

Ted weins offers lifetime alignment. Took mine there for one and they didn't even accept money, Sao it was straight, and didn't want to charge since they didn't do anything. Once mine is out far enough, I'll take it there, after I get the JK that is. They seem pretty honest and respectable.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.