Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1199 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #17971
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dang, don't the hub assemblies still have some sort of stub shaft to hold it is place? I know vw's have a hub assembly in the front, but the cv axle holds it together. On the back it is a different style hub, but it is pressed from the inside out, so it would have to break to come apart.

Glad to hear that she is ok.

Unread 11-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #17972
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
dang, don't the hub assemblies still have some sort of stub shaft to hold it is place? I know vw's have a hub assembly in the front, but the cv axle holds it together. On the back it is a different style hub, but it is pressed from the inside out, so it would have to break to come apart.

Glad to hear that she is ok.
Jeep is the same. The outer Axle shaft keeps the hub from blowing apart. If you break a front shaft, you can pull the inner axle shaft without issues but you have to have the outer shaft in place or it will fall apart on you. When the bearing separates, the wheel and tire separates from the Jeep.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #17973
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just got back from JV. The Jeep worked amazing and got some great shock testing done. I must say the whoops come a lot harder and faster when you actually try to drive fast over them. Lol safest speed I felt comfortable doing with no harness/helmet was 45-50mph especially since half the time the only thing I could see was dust all around me and only about 15-20 feet in front of me.

Anyway, here are a few pics.

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #17974
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

How well did the tires perform? And welcome back!

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #17975
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
text me some night when its good to pick up the hoist, sorry i keep forgetting dude!
At this point I might keep it till after the week of the 15/16th or whatever that is of Dec. I can use it for our shock tuning day to hold the truck up in the air with it at full droop to pull the shocks off in the desert. LOL

Garza, looks sick!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #17976
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Anyway, here are a few pics.
Moar pics please! Those tires are sure tucked up in the fenders! Do you have like four feet of articulation???!!! That thing is a monster! Remember stompers?? Yeah!!
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #17977
sirhk100

Funny part to me is I'd be surprised if he could get your asking price for it... LOL

Unread 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #17978
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

What Garza has built is to enjoy, use, and never expect to get but fractions of the build cost out of it if you ever sell it. But I think if it was Power's he would not be happy because the next best thing is out there... then he would probably list it on craigslist for $75k
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #17979
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I offered Powr $10, a rubber chicken, and a half eaten tub of butter for his Jeep. Garza, I offer you $25, a rubber chicken, and a full tub of butter for yours.

I know you other bastages are jelly, I soon will have three Jeeps!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #17980
sirhk100

This race truck I'm building... When it's done here in a few weeks I'd be shocked if we could get $20K for it brand new having never touched dirt if we were to try and sell it. There's WAY more then that in parts and materials alone not including whatever my labor is valued at.

Unread 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #17981
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

labor... I thought you were paying him to build it. So if you count you labor as $-25 an hour... it would all equal out. Like you would be doing anything else anyways.
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #17982
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I don't have a problem with people trying to sell something for as much as they can. If he finds someone who will pay $25k good for him. I usually do that because I know people like to barter esp on CL. My bet is it starts at $25 k then they go back and forth and come out for about blue book.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #17983
sirhk100

I don't have a problem laughing at people that think their stuff is worth gold either though... Just saying... BTW, I listed my jeep SUPER high for it's value and 4 months later ended up selling it for realistically what it's worth. I did the same thing, but it's not gonna stop me from laughing still at this $25K asking price! Specially since he can buy a used JK rubicon for less...

And Greg, seriously, I should be paying him to let me do this! It's so damn much fun! Friday, worked here at work 7am-4pm. Then was in the garage from 5pm-11pm. Sat was 11am-10:45pm with the only break being a run to ace for hardware and grabbed dinner too. Sunday was 9am-5pm in the garage. So you know, roughly a 25 hour weekend on the truck... He should be rich from me paying him by now! LOL I actually got more then what's show in those pictures last night too. Should harness bar is in, lap belt mounting tabs are in, door panels pulled off and door smoothed and ready to panel, had some help with prepping windows for some welding and template made for the piece to weld in, etc... Actually based on my "to do" list I got a pretty big chunk of things knocked out this weekend.

Unread 11-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #17984
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I guess I missed it lol, who is asking 25K for what and how did I get involved?

And just for S&G I have been offered a bit more than that recently and while I have no intention of ever selling my rig, if someone offered 25K i'd tell them to pound sand. There we're several 50-70K Ultra 4 rigs on the trail with me this weekend and I love the jaw dropping when an LJ on 37" all-terrains follows them all the way through.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #17985
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I guess I missed it lol, who is asking 25K for what and how did I get involved?

And just for S&G I have been offered a bit more than that recently and while I have no intention of ever selling my rig, if someone offered 25K i'd tell them to pound sand. There we're several 50-70K Ultra 4 rigs on the trail with me this weekend and I love the jaw dropping when an LJ on 37" all-terrains follows them all the way through.

Powr is selling his Jeep. He has it on CL for 25K.

You got involved because Khris said that you would be lucky to get out what you put into your rig. My offer still stands $25, a rubber chicken, and a full tub of butter.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.