Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#23,923 ·
Well it's official. I am officially a cheap date... 4 beers in and I have a decent buzz.

On a side note I think that I found Andy's little buddy from Kansas twin brother. I replied to a post in the JK forum and this guy starts trying to say that my ideas are stupid... come to find out he is an 18 year old who does not even own a JK. I want to say some dirty things but I chose to take the high ground.

#23,924 ·
Well it's official. I am officially a cheap date... 4 beers in and I have a decent buzz.

On a side note I think that I found Andy's little buddy from Kansas twin brother. I replied to a post in the JK forum and this guy starts trying to say that my ideas are stupid... come to find out he is an 18 year old who does not even own a JK. I want to say some dirty things but I chose to take the high ground.
Huh me? I'm 20 and have a zj and am from Kansas lol.

#23,926 ·
xrunndonex said:
Huh me? I'm 20 and have a zj and am from Kansas lol.
Reading comprehension, yet something else you can't do for ****.

#23,929 ·
Sounds good. I guess they can't be filled without hydro test, and these are too old?
I bet they'll just exchange them without even looking at them honestly...

Andy...
I got the driver side beam to cycle 16.5 though bumped at metal and drooped at axle bind. Passenger side will go almost 18". 12" stroke shocks are going to limit it to 15" though. Driver side bumpstop is tacked in place and the limit strap is fully welded and in place. Will do passenger side bumps and straps tomorrow night. Then engine cage sat hopefully. I also finally measured some stuff I needed for the steering. Should be able to order those parts up tomorrow.

#23,931 ·
Hey all, thought I would pop on and say hello. Pics posted this morning were a bit fuzzy.. Took 'em with my iPad while standing on our hotel balcony in Crescent City CA, now we're in Walnut Creek and I am stuffed full of something I couldn't pronounce from some Italian food restaurant I couldn't pronounce.

Today is our 5 yr wedding anniversary & I gotta be honest, I am not brave enough to test the theories discussed about weighing her in today, but I can say I am almost 20lbs heavier.

Anyway, for those looking to wheel, WM702 is doing Potato Ridge Saturday morning. If I make it in town in time and aren't too tired from driving for the past 4 days I might hit it up before hitting the road for SLC on Sunday.

Speaking of driving... Adam, I am getting 30-34 highway mpg on my 04 Accord 6cyl 6speed coup. It's nice having the 6cyl for the extra power and it gets great mileage.

Okay, she is back out of the bathroom, I am off to get a back rub. 'Night all!

#23,932 ·
sirhk100 said:
I bet they'll just exchange them without even looking at them honestly...

Andy...
I got the driver side beam to cycle 16.5 though bumped at metal and drooped at axle bind. Passenger side will go almost 18". 12" stroke shocks are going to limit it to 15" though. Driver side bumpstop is tacked in place and the limit strap is fully welded and in place. Will do passenger side bumps and straps tomorrow night. Then engine cage sat hopefully. I also finally measured some stuff I needed for the steering. Should be able to order those parts up tomorrow.
That is not bad at all. Pretty impressive numbers for the packaging issues you are dealing with. Being able to cycle those numbers and still keep things like A/C impresses the hell out of me.

#23,933 ·
B0nez said:
Hey all, thought I would pop on and say hello. Pics posted this morning were a bit fuzzy.. Took 'em with my iPad while standing on our hotel balcony in Crescent City CA, now we're in Walnut Creek and I am stuffed full of something I couldn't pronounce from some Italian food restaurant I couldn't pronounce.

Today is our 5 yr wedding anniversary & I gotta be honest, I am not brave enough to test the theories discussed about weighing her in today, but I can say I am almost 20lbs heavier.

Anyway, for those looking to wheel, WM702 is doing Potato Ridge Saturday morning. If I make it in town in time and aren't too tired from driving for the past 4 days I might hit it up before hitting the road for SLC on Sunday.

Speaking of driving... Adam, I am getting 30-34 highway mpg on my 04 Accord 6cyl 6speed coup. It's nice having the 6cyl for the extra power and it gets great mileage.

Happy anniversary!

#23,935 ·
B0nez said:

Today is our 5 yr wedding anniversary.

Mmmhmm....a "back rub"

Happy Anniversary

Posted from outer space.

#23,939 ·
Drooped and hanging on the limit strap hidden behind the brake line.

and 15" of up travel later, it's smacking directly into the bumpstop just a hair before the radius arm would smack the frame rail just to the right of where the picture is cut off. (not normally an issue but cause of my mixing and matching parts it is what it is... Next time I know what I'd do different to gain probably 2"-4" of up travel still)

And NOTHING is fitted or proper in these next pictures but it gives you a fairly rough idea of what I gots goin on...

Front end is still sticking out a bit but close enough for me...

And for you Andy since you'll probably understand this... The biggest bind issue I ran into is shown a little bit in this picture. I'll take a picture tonight to really show the situation but Driver side at full droop, Pass at full bump. Hard articulation... The axle physically drops in relation to the beam. So I started cutting. What you see in this picture wasn't enough. I actually cut kinda sorta along what I've drawn in the yellow line and the axle shaft physically drops right thru the bottom of the beam just a bit now. I had to spend some time with the dremel clearancing the internal threaded bung for the lower radius arm bolt too. Good times!!!

Tonight I'll get the passenger side bump and limit strap installed. Tomorrow morning I'll pull the passenger side beam off and get going on building strength back into it to hopefully make up for my hack job... Then I'll do a full actual legit tighten all bolts, replace all seals, lube all pivots, etc type install of the front end. After that I'll cycle for shocks and hopefully get going on the engine cage. Goal for the weekend is to finish the engine cage. Not gonna hold the breath on that though with the family around. Although I'm gonna try to cut my Dad loose on stripping more off ******! I sold the front skidplates off him and his fuel injectors last night. They're gone and he officially will never run again! His time is done, fork is in, flatlined and dead...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.