Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1186 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #17776
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So last night I got bored and asked the girls for some nail polish.

Color filled the engraving on my glock with the closest color I could find to the FDE frame.

Also color filled my AR lower while I wait for the upper to come back. Then I'll sell it. woohoo...

took all of 30 minutes.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #17777
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

From this thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fi...51/index3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrowski95
it was on BLM behind O'riely auto parts on Craig and MLK. and my dad went out and got me a hi-lift after this so it wasnt a total loss
Looking at the BLM map, there is no BLM land anywhere in the area. I know that the land there was in limbo for a while a few years ago but I have no idea about now. Anybody know?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #17778
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
So last night I got bored and asked the girls for some nail polish.

Color filled the engraving on my glock with the closest color I could find to the FDE frame.

Also color filled my AR lower while I wait for the upper to come back. Then I'll sell it. woohoo...

took all of 30 minutes.
Looks awesome! I am looking forward to seeing pics of the AR all assembled; it's gonna look great.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #17779
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Looks awesome! I am looking forward to seeing pics of the AR all assembled; it's gonna look great.
Yup and its gonna look great in somebody else's hands as I walk away with a bunch of cash!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #17780
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Yup and its gonna look great in somebody else's hands as I walk away with a bunch of cash!
Was the bad upper enough to make you decide to sell it?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #17781
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yes, the bad upper, and the ridiculous customer service from spikes tactical put a bad taste in my mouth, and so far i havent seen or found a good enough reason to stay in the AR game.

P.S. the upper is on its way back to me now

Unread 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #17782
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
On a second note I have already had 2 people want me to trade with them for my quads

A Rail http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3405872029.html

the wife would really kill me if I did anything but cash with us moving next year
We used to have almost the exact same rail. The motor is easily $3000 in it. Probably $800 in wheels and tires easily there. Shocks are easily a grand if not more. Etc... Too bad you're not staying anywhere it's useful. LOL

Check it in the background here...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #17783
sirhk100

Marn, serious question... What's the point in blurring out the serial on the gun? What's your concern with that being public info?

Unread 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #17784
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Marn, serious question... What's the point in blurring out the serial on the gun? What's your concern with that being public info?
I dont really care that much, but what with 3d printing and home made guns (specifically AR's), and the popularity of AR's, and what not, it just dont need the serial numbers being in plain view on several different websites.

Unread 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #17785
sirhk100

Huh, I just noticed our 3D printer is running right now. I wonder what my coworker is making! LOL

Was only asking cause I never really considered the serial on my pistol of any concern as long as the gun stays in my possession obviously and wouldn't really have ever thought or considered blurring it out in a picture. Then again I've never taken a picture of mine.

Oh and the fabtec show is cool for about an hour imo unless you're really into steel forming manufacturing equipment. Like BIG stuff. Although, I did see a hydrodip setup that was actually very cheap to get into! Like less then my Expo cost and you could dip wheels, guns, and tons of stuff in it. Pretty large tank yet not too big for a home setup at all. The cost included a trip to Miami for training and everything. The film isn't really even that cheap either. Anyone looking to start a side company, it would probably be a cool side gig with not very much investment!

Unread 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #17786
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Holy canoli.

Turns out the first time i sent my upper to spikes, it took them 2 months to mail me a new one. It wasnt mine...it was a new one.

That one was messed up.

They got that one back last week, and then they repaired my ORIGINAL one, and sent it back to me. Apparently the original one "just needed some good old fashioned gunsmithing"

Unread 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #17787
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You going to shoot it before you sell it? I would really like to know if they actually fixed the damn thing or if you are getting the same **** back.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #17788
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
You going to shoot it before you sell it? I would really like to know if they actually fixed the damn thing or if you are getting the same **** back.
read my above comment before your post.

they didnt send me mine, they send me a new one, now they are sending me my original one.

Unread 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #17789
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
read my above comment before your post.

they didnt send me mine, they send me a new one, now they are sending me my original one.
New ****... old ****... so far, all I have seen is ****.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #17790
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
New ****... old ****... so far, all I have seen is ****.
you and me both.

at least my lower works well?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.