Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1185 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #17761
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I never say I don't have time to wait when I talk to salesmen. That tells the manger that you are in a hurry and if that is the case, you will never get the best price that they can give. At the same time, I refuse to wait on them. It is a fine line IMHO.
Me neither for that exact same reason.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #17762
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget to check what discounts you can get. In the past I have used fords friends and family, gm supplier discount, usaa, and a few others. Costco offers a discount program. Ask about brand loyalty programs, mention other brands and dealers.

If you are fully decided on a model call the dealerships internet sales person and tell them that you are shopping, what car you want, and with which features. Tell them that you have already called other dealers, but don't give them a price. When they give you a price always ask if that is their bottom line. Mention add ons like oil changes and other stuff.

In the past I have always stayed respectful and remember that they have to make money to stay open too. In Texas we bought three cars from the same dealership within 4 years and by the time we bought the last one, a tahoe, we walked out the door after taxes 5k under the sticker price and that was with going 3k negative on a year old silverado.

The only car that I could not talk then down on was the mini cooper and that was because at the time they had a 100% set price. All cars on the lot were for demo only and you ordered your car how you wanted it... Then six weeks later after tracking the build and shipping it arrived.
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #17763
sirhk100

I've done 100+ once ever on the road and didn't see the point in it other then being completely stupid imo. There's ZERO thrill to it so other then taking an unreasonable risk when everyone else on the road is driving drastically slower what's the point? I can promise you 60 in the dirt will thrill you about 100 times more then 140 on the pavement... There's a reason I've never owned a fast car, it's not that exciting.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #17764
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

There was times when we lived in VA on 95 it felt like you had to do 95 or get ran off the road. Here we have gotten caught up in several packs of drivers on 15 between here and socal that wanted to run you off the road if you did not bump up the speed. When you sit back and look at it 100 mph isn't what it used to be. Back when the speedlimit was 55 mph, it was almost twice the speed limit. But now with a lot of 75 mph and even a few 80 mph zones, it is not that far away, esp if you are one of those people who do 10 over on the freeway.

If you really want to see some speed, got get on us 10 between Texas and Cali on a summer night. Those big rigs carrying cattle always bump it up in the triple digits.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #17765
sirhk100

I guess I'm just not in a hurry when I'm driving. I usually cruise 5-10 above the limit and that's really about it. Driving fast just does nothing for me. I mean really... Uhhhh, your just sitting there on a smooth boring paved road. Sure hauling *** on a twisty mountain road is a blast but I doubt anyone here has cars that will run triple digit speeds thru corners caution marked 35mph. It's probably like greg said I suppose, 100 in a modern car is nothing... So what's the excitement of doing 120 or 140? I just don't get it... Take the same money you'd spend on a typical modern sports car, go buy a supercharged LS powered sand buggy with 500+ horsepower and 20" of travel and run 80-100 down sand highway thru 2-3' foot whoops catching air over the rolling dunes and you'll see why fast on the street is boring.

BTW, I was joking about the street racing comment on the date. I did go to the street races a few times back in the late 90's in san diego. They were a joke. Nothing but lowered imports except for the one time the dude trailered in his nova and smoked a street bike. I remember the ONLY time we ever raced was in a friends crewcab ford diesel with 4 of us in the truck and we absolutely destroyed some import car. We just kinda all laughed at that. Then the next weekend we're at the dunes thinking if those guys only had any clue what we see every weekend at Oldsmobile or the sand drags they'd crap. Same little 4 banger motors only twin turbo'd on a vehicle with half the weight of their cars and probably more traction judging by the size of some of the paddles but you get that extra up and down dimension thrown into the mix. I suppose I'm jaded cause I grew up doing that kind of stuff rather then screwing around on the street. I just never understood why people street raced or even drive fast...

This was my Jr. High weekend experiences... Probably has a bit to do with why I am the way I am these days with the driveway I have. Screw soccer or football or baseball... LOL, BTW, I'm the white kid...

And then this would be just a few years later in High School. Probably freshman/sophmore'ish year...

Unread 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #17766
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

got home after a late dinner last night and my loaner truck (ranger is still down for the count) was pouring coolant everywhere in my driveway and all down the road.

Sigh.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #17767
sirhk100

Cars suck! I want a teleporter or something that doesn't require so much maintenance!

Well, off to go walk around a fabrication convention and stare at stuff I can't afford that's probably mostly in the 7 digit price range. LOL

Unread 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #17768
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
got home after a late dinner last night and my loaner truck (ranger is still down for the count) was pouring coolant everywhere in my driveway and all down the road.

Sigh.
I had the same problem yesterday with my work truck but with oil. The rear main looks like it exploded. In other news I'm getting a brand new f150 work truck in a couple of weeks. While I wait I'm stuck in an 88 Toyota.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #17769
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Favorite way to start the morning....

forumrunner_20121114_100415.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #17770
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well I broke the ranger (transmission and brakes...which is why I'm driving this 2500)

Last tike I drove the f150 I broke that (alternator....actually replaced it in my driveway)

Now I broke the 2500

I guess the only logical answer is to give me a 3500 or an f350! These other little trucks can't hold up

Quote:

Unread 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #17771
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

How many miles do you have on that old pig?

On a second note I have already had 2 people want me to trade with them for my quads

A YJ http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3409193195.html
and
A Rail http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3405872029.html

the wife would really kill me if I did anything but cash with us moving next year
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #17772
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Me or Scott?

That Chevy only has like 132k

Quote:

Unread 11-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #17773
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah but that is 132k of city driving miles isn't it.
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #17774
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
yeah but that is 132k of city driving miles isn't it.

city miles towing heavy-*** trailers (we tow the 14,000 trailer with this one alot).

Also, when I started driving it 2 weeks ago, it was 10,000 miles and 17 months overdue for an oil change............. the filter said 2/2011 on it in sharpie. Poor truck.

Its one of our spares, its a good runner, never really had any issues until now, we bought it for like 4k 3 years ago. could probably sell it for more than that right now.

Quote:

Unread 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #17775
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
How many miles do you have on that old pig?

On a second note I have already had 2 people want me to trade with them for my quads

A YJ http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3409193195.html
and
A Rail http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3405872029.html

the wife would really kill me if I did anything but cash with us moving next year
Yj is worth half the asking
Rail is hard to sell
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.