Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1184 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #17746
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Going 100 in a modern car isn't scary. Going 100 in a 40 yr old truck will scare the **** out of you but if you've never experienced that you should. It will make you appreciate your new car.
But I don't have a new car :-/

I did about 90 in the waggy. I was bombing down the road doing '75' according to the speedo.

Was wondering why the hell I was passing everybody. Yeah. My speedo is about 20% wrong hahaha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #17747
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Arent you divorced?
Yes I am. But I have known my current girl for 13 yrs. She lives with me, hangs out here while I go to work. The only problem that I have with her is that she occasionally urinates on the floor when I am gone.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #17748
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Don't they all?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #17749
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am hoping to be out and back in town by this weekend & my parents want my help with buying a car they like @ one of the centennial dealerships since I love haggling and messing with car salesmen so much that I do it for fun sometimes.
While I've been pretty successful at getting good deals over the years, I'm always looking for more tips/tricks to get the best deals, anyone have any they are willing to share?

P.S. Marn - love the first FSJ you linked, hands down the best, but you should totally buy the one in beaver and let me drive it home for you
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #17750
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
dammit dammit dammit.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3407690595.html

dammit dammit dammit dammit 401 and everything...
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3405787055.html
A 401! In Beaver too! fap fap
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #17751
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I am hoping to be out and back in town by this weekend & my parents want my help with buying a car they like @ one of the centennial dealerships since I love haggling and messing with car salesmen so much that I do it for fun sometimes.
While I've been pretty successful at getting good deals over the years, I'm always looking for more tips/tricks to get the best deals, anyone have any they are willing to share?

P.S. Marn - love the first FSJ you linked, hands down the best, but you should totally buy the one in beaver and let me drive it home for you
Always walk away at least once and never get roped into what the payments will be. You should already know that before you walk in there. All you should be worried about is the bottom line. Tell them that you will be financing the car, even if you have financing lined up elsewhere. Just don't tell them that part of it. Take something to snack on. And the last bit of advice I can give is to never wait more than about ten minutes. If the salesman disappears for longer than that, go track him down. Invariably you will find them holding a conversation with someone else. They will tell you that they are fighting to get you a lower price. I ask at that point why I am dealing with the salesman if the other person is the one making the decisions.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #17752
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bro truck as seen through my dirty assed windshield. I know you guys are jelly.
image-2647639020.jpg  

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #17753
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Doooo eeet.

He said the rear wheel wells are rotted, thats about it. runs well, interior is not bad, etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
A 401! In Beaver too! fap fap
Somebody give me money!Hey wait, lets buy that one in pahrump and part it! You know you'll need extra parts!

Quote:

Unread 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #17754
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Doooo eeet.
Wow, that was easy.. just to be a nice guy, I will even toss in $50 towards gas since you are letting me drive it first

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Always walk away at least once and never get roped into what the payments will be. You should already know that before you walk in there. All you should be worried about is the bottom line. Tell them that you will be financing the car, even if you have financing lined up elsewhere. Just don't tell them that part of it. Take something to snack on. And the last bit of advice I can give is to never wait more than about ten minutes. If the salesman disappears for longer than that, go track him down. Invariably you will find them holding a conversation with someone else. They will tell you that they are fighting to get you a lower price. I ask at that point why I am dealing with the salesman if the other person is the one making the decisions.
Thanks for the info; hadn't thought about bringing a snack, good idea!
I always know exactly what my limit is (i.e. total price) and exactly what I want before I talk to any of the employees, then I let the sales dude feel good about him/herself by fetching drinks, keys, etc for me while I give the vehicle a thorough run through, adjust my mental price as necessary, then tell the sales person I want to talk with their manager and explain I don't have the time to waste playing games so I would rather talk to the person that's going to have the authority to deal with me right up front. I have also found it handy to look up the trade in value on kbb, nada, and edmunds to get an idea of what they paid for it, then look at all the tsb's, known issues, etc. and mention them to the sales person; amazing what 30 minutes on the 'net can do to help out with fast and fun facts for negotiating.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #17755
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Anyone know if its legal to shoot off to the west side of Lovell Canyon road (I think thats the name of the road we take to go through Potato Ridge from the back) I see people back there shooting all the time, but this link makes me wonder if its okay..

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...e_shooting.pdf
It is not ok. That said, BLM guys usually won't hassle you other than identifying you assuming you aren't all gangnam style.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #17756
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff

It is not ok. That said, BLM guys usually won't hassle you other than identifying you assuming you aren't all gangnam style.
Heeyyy sexy lady! Rofl
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #17757
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

are you wanting to buy your wife a mustache ride from Dave?
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #17758
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sadly, I shaved the 'stache off about a month ago. No more mustache rides.... but I am much faster due to the decreased wind resistance.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #17759
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Who says the mustache ride was for her?
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #17760
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Thanks for the info; hadn't thought about bringing a snack, good idea!
I always know exactly what my limit is (i.e. total price) and exactly what I want before I talk to any of the employees, then I let the sales dude feel good about him/herself by fetching drinks, keys, etc for me while I give the vehicle a thorough run through, adjust my mental price as necessary, then tell the sales person I want to talk with their manager and explain I don't have the time to waste playing games so I would rather talk to the person that's going to have the authority to deal with me right up front. I have also found it handy to look up the trade in value on kbb, nada, and edmunds to get an idea of what they paid for it, then look at all the tsb's, known issues, etc. and mention them to the sales person; amazing what 30 minutes on the 'net can do to help out with fast and fun facts for negotiating.
I never say I don't have time to wait when I talk to salesmen. That tells the manger that you are in a hurry and if that is the case, you will never get the best price that they can give. At the same time, I refuse to wait on them. It is a fine line IMHO.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.