Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 118 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 10-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #1756
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

They told me the forgot about my order while moving facilities and then told me they would send it 2 day shipping on the 17th and the did not send it until the 25th according to the shipping label, I don't see the need to lie like that.

MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #1757
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
No need to be jealous. You'll get that bus up and running someday and when you do, read back some pages. I've left the coordinates to all the places I've found recently. I have yet to come across a trail recently that your bus couldn't travel.

What's the status of the wagon?
Its still sitting, i drove it after cleaning the carb out and breaking it down all the way, and got the same issues. I'm almost certain it hates running on 85 octane mountain gas with 10% ethanol in it...

I dunno, we'll see. I dont feel like draining the tank.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #1758
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

P.S.

I would NEVER go to Mad Man Army Surplus and Hip Hop. I had read horror stories about the guy that runs the place, but decided to reserve judgement until I went in myself.

I stopped in and it was instantly weird. Some guy that worked there that didnt seem 100% "right" if that makes sense, introduced himself to me. Very polite, very kind, offered any help I may need. That wasnt the issue.

I was in the store for about 4 minutes and I hear the owner yelling at the aforementioned employee...

"Shut your ****ing mouth, I'm so ****ing tired of hearing your bull****, you've been running your ****ing mouth all day ever since you came in, shut the **** up already"

I set down the item I was looking at and walked out. The guy that got yelled at asked if I found what I needed, and to ask for him if I ever come back and need help.

I cant believe someone in a store would actually talk to another person like that.

On the other hand, I've heard great things about Hahns.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #1759
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
...it hates running on 85 octane mountain gas with 10% ethanol in it...
Are there options without ethanol here? Five years ago in Florida, it was still easy to get premium 96 octane without ethanol. You can even get up to 110 octane from the race shops pumps.

The best I'm able to find around here is 91 octane with up to 15% ethanol. Is having ethanol a law here?
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #1760
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Are there options without ethanol here? Five years ago in Florida, it was still easy to get premium 96 octane without ethanol. You can even get up to 110 octane from the race shops pumps.

The best I'm able to find around here is 91 octane with up to 15% ethanol. Is having ethanol a law here?
Not sure, but the fast that its 85 is whats killimg me i think. Also, could be bad gas period. I dunno. I'm tired of fiddling with it to no avail. it just sits in the driveway now.

Quote:

Unread 10-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #1761
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What compression ratio you running? What's it been doing?
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #1762
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
I'm tired of fiddling with it to no avail. it just sits in the driveway now.
I recently saw an ad on Craiglist for a 2007 Ram 1500 with a salvage title. It was only $4000. Slap the guts from the Ram into your wagon. It'll make a nice sleeper. Would be nice if money weren't an issue.

Back in Florida, I had a boat that seemed to be allergic to ethanol which was all the marinas sold. It was too much of a pain to trailer the boat for gas. I started using ValvTect ethanol treatment and the hard starts, sputtering and lack of power went away. I'm not sure if ValvTect can be used in Jeep motors, but it might be worth researching.

Not sure where you are, Dr. Marn, but this is the only place in Vegas I was able to locate that sells non-ethanol fuels:
Funny's
4747 N Rancho Dr & W Lone Mountain Rd
N43.16153 W76.21888
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #1763
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

...so most gases here ine vegas have some ethanol content, not 100% gasoline?
I always thought they post it out their station when theres ethanol on their pump, like some gas station does.
I only go to Shell BTW.
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #1764
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Where have you been, Blaze? Did you ever get those axles installed?

Yeah, almost all gas station have ethanol now. Nevada is one of the states that is not required to list ethanol content, but most stations will state that it may contain up to whatever %.
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #1765
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Not sure, but the fast that its 85 is whats killimg me i think.
Wait, are you running E85?
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #1766
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

All pump gases contain ethanol as a way to lower fossil fuel usage. Some stations sell 100 octane with no ethanol content.
My old Chevy truck and motorcycle run fine with the ethanol mix. What's up with the waggy.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #1767
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Something to think about here is high ethanol content can swell some of the seals in fuel injected and carbureted systems, reducing fuel flow. Also if compression ratio is too high, low octane fuel causes all kinds of issues like pinging and no power. What has the wagon been doing and what have you done to it so far?
Unread 10-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #1768
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

In addition to swelling seals, ethanol makes my pants fit too tight and hurts my feelings.
Unread 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #1769
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Makes you a little gassy does it?
Unread 10-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #1770
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Ethanol raises the octane of gasoline. Pure ethanol has an octane rating of like 113 or 114 I can't remember for sure. It's just so corrosive. Talking to my dad he used to buy texaco super premium gas with 108 octane. I can't remember last time I did see 100.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.