Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1179 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #17671
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody needs to lay off the backspacing and wheel spacers!

image-1585156667.jpg  
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #17672
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Glad to hear the glock is working out. I spent 2 weeks reading about handgun technique and I think that has been my problem. I changed my hand position and my overall stance and it seemed to help quite a bit. I shot much better and my hands didn't hurt a bit. After hearing about Marns time a front sight I might see about getting out there or some other shooting clinic.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #17673
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Also shot the glock some today after all the work I had done to it. amazing improvement. feels so much better in hand and i was poppin' em off right on target nice and fast.
What work did you have done?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #17674
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Puck proved it to me. He has an XJ. Nice looking rig.
Thanks Andy.

Bonez, whats the word man? How much longer?

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #17675
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Bonez, whats the word man? How much longer?

Sent by my imagination
Right now it's looking like I'm not going to get out until Friday afternoon; apparently this 'ol gray mare ain't what he used to be. :-/
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #17676
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

While shooting today, the hammer pin on my polymer lower decided to start walking out. I took it to New Frontier to see what I could do to keep it from happening again. This is the first incident of the sort reported to them. They took my lower apart and measured my hammer pin. It was found to be slightly out of round and outside spec. They replaced the hammer pin and tested my lower to ensure it won't happen again. Big thanks to New Frontier.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #17677
sirhk100

Bedside isn't mounted... Just sitting on it. But you get the idea. The body needs some serious fine tuning to get it all aligned again. The glass got all screwy from sitting around too long. Oh and I put about 80 miles on the truck this weekend with no issues other then WAY too much air under the tires at one point. LOL FYI, if you find yourself on a powerline road from running south out of searchlight on the east side of the highway heading towards laughlin... Watch out for about 4 bumps when you're doing about 70mph! They sneak up on you fast and will get your heart pumpin pretty good!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #17678
sirhk100

Friend of mine emailed me this picture just now. LOL They're down prerunning the bottom 1/3rd of the baja 1000 course. Said he was looking down marking a previous spot on the GPS and all of a sudden his side of the truck dropped. Said he looked out to see the ground like 7' below him. Whoops!!! LOL

Unread 11-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #17679
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Is it better then just "meh" now?
Yes. For sure. Now its 'okay'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Glad to hear the glock is working out. I spent 2 weeks reading about handgun technique and I think that has been my problem. I changed my hand position and my overall stance and it seemed to help quite a bit. I shot much better and my hands didn't hurt a bit. After hearing about Marns time a front sight I might see about getting out there or some other shooting clinic.
I may have certificates or something i can transfer to you if you want to go out there. I also think NFA sells them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
What work did you have done?
lots n lots.

grip reduction (the hump), finger groves removed, trigger guard under cut, trigger guard rounded, full 360* grip stippling, stippled index points.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #17680
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Friend of mine emailed me this picture just now. LOL They're down prerunning the bottom 1/3rd of the baja 1000 course. Said he was looking down marking a previous spot on the GPS and all of a sudden his side of the truck dropped. Said he looked out to see the ground like 7' below him. Whoops!!! LOL

is that like a 79 ford?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #17681
sirhk100

Yes, exactly... It's not all ford rangers and toyota pickups in this hobby... LOL check out this one.

www.fordf2000.com

or better yet watch it...

Unread 11-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #17682
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fi...n-out-1437051/
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #17683
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
That boy needs to come here and make friends
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #17684
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I would have happily ripped his butt out of there hopefully sometime soon ill get a winch for the bumper. With Christmas coming up it might be a little while.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #17685
sirhk100

Funny, I took that picture of the truck in my driveway yesterday afternoon. Between then and now, it's back on stands, tires are off it, old bedside mounts that the glass is just resting on are completely cut off and the rear leafs have been pulled apart and are stripped down to just the main leaf so I can cycle the rear suspension to get the rear shock mounts figured out correctly. Hoping by the weekend to have it sitting back on the ground with rear shocks installed and ready to actually mount the bedsides. Might even have brakes on all 4 corners again finally if the parts we ordered come in!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.