Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 117 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #1741
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Most of them are off to Mexico now with the colder temperatures.
Didn't know bats migrated with the weather. That was the only bat we saw in there, so the rest must have left him there. Maybe he was a dork like Sid the sloth in the movie Ice Age.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #1742
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Is there a military surplus store in town?
Army Navy Surplus
1750 S Rainbow Blvd

Mad Man Army Surplus
6040 W Sahara Ave

Hahn's World of Surplus
2908 East Lake Mead Blvd

If you don't already have one of their catalogs, you can order one here:
http://www.uscav.com
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #1743
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Figures none would be near me
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #1744
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Rainbow and W. Sahara aren't that far from you. Probably less than 20 minutes to either if traffic isn't too bad.

I haven't been to Hahn's, but I've read they are the largest in the area. Their website doesn't show much product though.
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #1745
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
This reminded me of the Saga of Garry Hoy, a testament to the principles of "that which does not kill you might just do so if you keep at it" and "if at first you don't succeed, quit while you're ahead!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Hoy
I'm not really sure what he hoped to accomplish by kicking the supports. I think it was less about checking for safety and more about bravado and proving a point. The point being that he felt we were being too cautious.

After kicking the supports, from under the pile of boulders, after the dust settles, "You guys were right. My bad.".
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #1746
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I'm not really sure what he hoped to accomplish by kicking the supports. I think it was less about checking for safety and more about bravado and proving a point. The point being that he felt we were being too cautious.

After kicking the supports, from under the pile of boulders, after the dust settles, "You guys were right. My bad.".
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you. Don't let your neighbor skydive. We have all had the sensation of turning the wheel sharply at high speeds when we were younger. I don't think he grew up yet.
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #1747
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I hated jump school while in the Navy. I was Navy, but it's the Army that provides the basic paratrooper training. We had to complete 5 jumps before we were patched. What's weird is that I hated it while in the Navy, but now that I'm out I want to try it again. Maybe because nobody is forcing me to do it.
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #1748
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Take a look at this guy selling this garbage lift and using an http://www.aev-conversions.com/ Jeep for his ad. Look at those nasty welds too.
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #1749
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I haven't been to Hahn's, but I've read they are the largest in the area. Their website doesn't show much product though.

Hahn's is great, tons of stuff!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #1750
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Hahn's is great, tons of stuff!
Have you seen any climbing and rescue recovery equipment there?

Also, where is a good place to get cheap, but quality MRE's?
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #1751
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Have you seen any climbing and rescue recovery equipment there?

Also, where is a good place to get cheap, but quality MRE's?

I would call them, I'm not sure if I have seen climbing stuff there or not, they have some much stuff it was a bit overwhelming.
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #1752
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nice pics YSB...jealous of all the exploring you've been doing.

Hows everybody else these days? I havent stopped in in a while...still in jeep detox mode...tired and frustrated with it.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #1753
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Nice pics YSB...jealous of all the exploring you've been doing.
No need to be jealous. You'll get that bus up and running someday and when you do, read back some pages. I've left the coordinates to all the places I've found recently. I have yet to come across a trail recently that your bus couldn't travel.

What's the status of the wagon?
Unread 10-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #1754
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, just a heads-up I recently ordered a product on eBay for my Jeep from a company called Down 'n Dirty Customs (dnd-customs (screen name), dndoffroad.com) out of Temple, PA. They took almost a month do get me a "ready to ship" item and lied to several times through email on when they were shipping and such. Use extreme caution if you choose to buy from them, or better yet find the product somewhere else. I don't want any other Jeepers wasting their time with these guys.
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #1755
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I think they are the ones I bought my disconnects from. The name started with a "D" and had "offroad" in it too. Might be someone else.

I used "buy it now" on a Sunday. About an hour after I paid for it, they sent me an email apologizing for the delay and explained that they sent my order to someone else. A further delay would come from having to wait for that recipient to return my ordered item. There's no way they could have sent what I ordered to someone else an hour after purchase on a Sunday.

It's possible that they meant to send that email to someone else, but I had the impression it was a stall technique. Small businesses can't store much product, so I just figured they were ordering from their supplier after a purchase is made. Basically, catalog sales. I wouldn't have minded if that's what they were doing as long as the order is received in a timely manner. It only took a week to get what I ordered. If that's what they were doing and the product was back-ordered I could imagine a delay like what you experienced.

Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully, you saved enough money to make up for the inconvenience a little.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.