Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1160 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #17386
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

You could always try logic... that typically doesn't work with wimmenz but it is worth a shot. Ask her how it makes sense to spend money that you had planned to use on a house. Frivolous spending.
That made me laugh. My wife and I go to D-land pretty frequently and we don't have kids. No it isn't my favorite thing to go do but the weather is nice and it makes you appreciate living in Nevada. I use it as a compromise, we go to D-land then I get to spend money on cars/guns. It usually works, my biggest problem is the time factor, I only take time off of work for vacations. I don't take off for just wrenching.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #17387
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't even gently touch on this subject/series of events, so I'll be quiet. Sorry puck, but that's an issue on so many levels....
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #17388
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My wife is the same way when it comes to money. If I spend money on something she has to match or exceed, not because it is needed but because I spent money. I have gone over a year with a winch bumper without a winch just because I feel that there are other things right now that we should be spending our extra cash on. Her idea... you get a winch and I will get a new coach bag and who knows what else.

The only reason that I agreed to go on our snowboarding vacation in Jan is because it is with her best friend and her husband. After that she will be gone for a year then we will be in Germany for 3-4.
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #17389
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

They all are like that.

My lady likes to travel, thats kind of her 'thing' her outlett for money. I prefer to work on the cars and buy guns and stuff. Relationships are all about compromise. We tend to do alot of camping and hiking when we travel, which I like, and she gets to go on her trip. Thats why we bought the campah.

But, yeah, If i go 6 months without going on a trip or doing something she wants, but i buy 3 guns, I'll get in trouble, understandably. I try to space it out. If i want to buy/do something for me, i try to plan something for us too.

Ex: I'm planning another trip to front sight this spring (she doesnt know that yet) that will cost a few hundred buck in ammo, and a bit of gas (unless i drag the camper out there, which i may).

I'm also planning a camping trip to Sequoia, which is somewhere we've always wanted to go together. Lol, lets hope the jeep can make the 900 mile round trip!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #17390
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I say puck it's time to make the pimp hand strong. It's hard to compromise with someone who is obviously outside of their mind and reality. Just wait a few weeks.
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #17391
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Maybe when you guys go to Dinny Land she'll let you take your balls out of her purse?

Lmao, sorry, thats mean.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #17392
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Maybe when you guys go to Dinny Land she'll let you take your balls out of her purse?

Lmao, sorry, thats mean.
Holy crap I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #17393
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm just joking, seriously, just bustin yer balls man

Unread 11-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #17394
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I know. It's all good guys, i have thick skin.... And almost everything else. But after this trip i am getting a Jeep.

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #17395
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I know. It's all good guys, i have thick skin....

Sent by my imagination
Skull included?

Unread 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #17396
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck81
i know. It's all good guys, i have thick skin.... And almost everything else. But after this trip i am getting a jeep.

Sent by my imagination
xj!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #17397
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I laughed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I know. It's all good guys, i have thick skin.... And almost everything else. But after this trip i am getting a Jeep.
You only think you are getting a Jeep after this trip. I can see this playing out already. You will go to D-Land and then when you get back she will find another house. Jeep gets put on the back burner. As soon as you start to get back on your feet again, she decides that she wants another baby. 9 months later, you are taking care of a little bundle of latino hell. Once the little dude is old enough to start mowing the lawn and you have a few more dollars in your pocket, the Jeep memories start to come back. You find one but she decides it is not safe enough for her little bundle to drive for his lawn mowing business. You wind up with a 1988 Ford F-150 and a landscaping trailer that you bought from Marn. Soon, you are in your mid 50's still thinking about that Jeep but you have to spend the money getting your big bundle out of legal trouble from trying to smuggle Columbian bam-bam across the border. Eventually, you are 75, still want the Jeep but can't because of your bad back from years of riding in a 1988 F-150. Your wife decides that she doesn't love you after so many years of marriage and you wind up dying cold, destitute, and alone in an alley while staring at a Jeep. Meanwhile, she is still displaying your balls on the mantle of the house that you bought for her.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #17398
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I laughed

You only think you are getting a Jeep after this trip. I can see this playing out already. You will go to D-Land and then when you get back she will find another house. Jeep gets put on the back burner. As soon as you start to get back on your feet again, she decides that she wants another baby. 9 months later, you are taking care of a little bundle of latino hell. Once the little dude is old enough to start mowing the lawn and you have a few more dollars in your pocket, the Jeep memories start to come back. You find one but she decides it is not safe enough for her little bundle to drive for his lawn mowing business. You wind up with a 1988 Ford F-150 and a landscaping trailer that you bought from Marn. Soon, you are in your mid 50's still thinking about that Jeep but you have to spend the money getting your big bundle out of legal trouble from trying to smuggle Columbian bam-bam across the border. Eventually, you are 75, still want the Jeep but can't because of your bad back from years of riding in a 1988 F-150. Your wife decides that she doesn't love you after so many years of marriage and you wind up dying cold, destitute, and alone in an alley while staring at a Jeep. Meanwhile, she is still displaying your balls on the mantle of the house that you bought for her.
holy ****

Unread 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #17399
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

We want him to buy a jeep not to step out in front of one. That is true though if you keep letting her push you over you'll become a door mat. Also I'm never buying any of my kids a car they can get a job and get it their damn self.
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #17400
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was just messin with the guy but now its everybody tellin' him to man up, jeeze!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.