Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 116 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #1726
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've been in a few mines and I go out of my way to not even touch the walls! That's insane that someone would be kicking a support!

DRAKEOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #1727
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Sorry about the size of the pictures. I reduced the file size, but not all of the dimensions.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #1728
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD View Post
I've been in a few mines and I go out of my way to not even touch the walls! That's insane that someone would be kicking a support!
It's a good idea not to touch the walls, but not so much because they'll crumble with a slight touch, but because of parasites carried by rodents. You don't want to breathe that stuff in.
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #1729
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I lost or had some climbing gear stolen. Does anyone know where I can get climbing gear locally? I tried Sports Authority and Sports Chalet without luck.
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #1730
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I lost or had some climbing gear stolen. Does anyone know where I can get climbing gear locally? I tried Sports Authority and Sports Chalet without luck.
REI has a good selection of stuff. They have a location at the District and another in Summerlin.
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #1731
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

The District, is that the shopping area at Green Valley Ranch? That's just a few exits away from me if it is.
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #1732
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Found their website. Thanks for the lead. Prices look a bit high though. Are there any used sporting goods stores around?
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #1733
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Found their website. Thanks for the lead. Prices look a bit high though. Are there any used sporting goods stores around?
If you buy a membership (I think it's $5 for a lifetime membership) then they give you 10% back on all purchases at the end of the year, but yeah, they are hefty. They do sell good stuff, and you can guaranty that they'll have a good selection.
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #1734
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I know, right? He didn't just walk up and kick it. He walked up, sat down and started kicking it. He was really pounding at them. You'd think that most people would have a natural instinct for self-preservation, but many don't.

Mines can be very dangerous places, but exploration isn't difficult. Really, all you need is a good flashlight and common sense. He had neither.
Kicking the posts is for wimps, I'll pack some m-80's and my pistol and maybe fire off some cave pops like a man. Yea, if you shop REI often they will give you cash in hand at the end of the year. It's a decent size store, they have everything you could want under one roof. A little higher on the price but convenient if you factor in gas driving to multiple places for certain items.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #1735
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I got some of my lost equipment from a military friend. I think I'll look him up and see what he has that's repairable. I got a 800 foot rope from him that was just sitting around because it didn't pass inspection. I got it from him and had a look. It didn't pass inspection because there was a deep abrasion. I cut the rope at the abrasion and burned off the end. I then had a 780 foot rope.

I think I'l head over to REI just to get an idea of what I want. I think I'll also try a few military surplus stores. I don't need a lot of equipment. All I really need is the basic rescue type of gear.
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #1736
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Here's a closer look. Not sure what kind of bat it is.
I'm in a distinct minority of people who love bats. Most bats eat more than their own weight in bugs every single night. They are quite useful, and it makes me glad to see them flying around. Most of them are off to Mexico now with the colder temperatures.

Carlsbad Caverns is a great place to see our furry little flying friends.
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #1737
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
We were surprised to see this incline rail still in place. In most of the mining areas we've come across, they were all removed. Probably to be used in other mining projects.
You need to start packing roller skates.
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #1738
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Is there a military surplus store in town?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #1739
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Also, the game I ended up buying was Burnout: Paradise. There is an expansion pack I can download that has some nice offroad and stunt maps. I think I'll finish up more of that areas that came with it before I consider expanding it.
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #1740
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If he wanted to kill himself, he would probably have done the world a favor, but his stupidity threatened us too. Because the shaft didn't collapse, he felt our safety rules were just being paranoid.
This reminded me of the Saga of Garry Hoy, a testament to the principles of "that which does not kill you might just do so if you keep at it" and "if at first you don't succeed, quit while you're ahead!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Hoy

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.