Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1159 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #17371
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
so I guess we are going to be spending a week in Colorado before my wife leaves for Korea... now I just have to come up with a way to get all of our snowboards there. when we go locally we just put them in the back with one of the seats folded down. That will now work if I have to carry all of my gear and whatnot for a week long trip. I do not want to buy a rack for the pure fact that I will probably never use again any time soon. I have a thule rack that attaches to the hitch mount bike carriers... but I am not sure.
I have a flat rack that attaches to the hitch you can take if you want

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #17372
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
honestly guys, if you do not like the current leadership in this country get out and vote. If that does not work then we can always start stockpiling weapons for the revolution... uhh I mean accept it.
Been there. Done that. Got the sticker (and ammo)
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #17373
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks bonez, I might have to take you up on that. Right now I am thinking that I can get away with leaving the snowboards in the bag and sitting them over the back seat. I will just have to secure them pretty good to make sure that they do not become projectiles. Then I will just end up putting my boots in my trasharoo.

Puck if you are staying overnight there check out the Embassy Suites. It is right down the road from Disney with a free shuttle. They have a pool, free breakfast (actual breakfast not a toaster and a few muffins), managers reception (free beer) and a separate section of the room for the kids. By the time that you add it all up, the extra cost makes it cheaper than staying at some crack whore dive hotel.
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #17374
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Greg, i'll look into that.

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #17375
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Also check out the Disney forums. They will tell what days are the least crowded and anything special to look out for. My wife always checks before we book the room so we don't have to deal with the crazy crowds.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #17376
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Sold my cherokee. Got only $800 for it. But its gone, now im back to being Jeepless.

Sent by my imagination
Didnt you only pay 400 for it? If so sounds like u got nothing to ***** about lol
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #17377
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I have a flat rack that attaches to the hitch you can take if you want
If you want i have one you can buy for 40 bucks that im sick of looking at in my garage
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #17378
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Lol. Hey it's gone, now for Disney land, a dinning table and then my next Jeep.i missed my chance to get our new place, so we are going to Disney land. (Not by my choice).
Wait wait wait.....

You sold the jeep to get enough money for a security deposit or whatever on a new house, and that didnt work out, so you're just going to take that money and spend it on a trip to disney land?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #17379
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Didnt you only pay 400 for it? If so sounds like u got nothing to ***** about lol
i think he paid 1200, plus whatever was put into it.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #17380
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

i think he paid 1200, plus whatever was put into it.
Ouch well I guess you can't always come out ahead.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #17381
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Wait wait wait.....

You sold the jeep to get enough money for a security deposit or whatever on a new house, and that didnt work out, so you're just going to take that money and spend it on a trip to disney land?
Like i said not my choice.... I hate disney land and California in general. I dont want to waste the money going but my wife forced my hand. " we are going (disney) or you wont get your jeep you keep bugging me about."

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #17382
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Like i said not my choice.... I hate disney land and California in general. I dont want to waste the money going but my wife forced my hand. " we are going (disney) or you wont get your jeep you keep bugging me about."

Sent by my imagination
You should have told her "well, considering we had to sell the jeep to get the deposit on a new house, maybe we shouldn't spend this money on a vacation"

Are you still looking for a bigger house, or are you just going to stay put?

P.S. I'll sell you my AR for $800 if you want!

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #17383
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Sent by my imagination
You could always try logic... that typically doesn't work with wimmenz but it is worth a shot. Ask her how it makes sense to spend money that you had planned to use on a house. Frivolous spending.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #17384
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
You could always try logic... that typically doesn't work with wimmenz but it is worth a shot. Ask her how it makes sense to spend money that you had planned to use on a house. Frivolous spending.
Yeah, most women seem to be missing whatever gland or organ it is that allows for logical thought processes.

Brain? is that the one?

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #17385
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey fools, got extra pumpkin seeds laying around? I'm actually going to go buy up some pumpkins if I can and make some more.

Prep/Cook time: Roughly 45 minutes

1 1/2 Cups pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup whiskey ( I used crown, jack or evan williams would be good i figure)
2 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp bacon drippings (a lil extra bacon helps too)
Seasoned salt (to taste)

Place pumpkin seeds, whiskey (I used Crown, but any sweeter whiskey would be good, jack/evan would be good, I figure the canadian went well with the bacon and brown sugar), salt, brown sugar, and bacon drippings into a sauce pan. I threw a little chunk of the bacon in there as well for good measure.

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow it to simmer until the seeds start to turn gray in the middle (15-20 minutes).

Pre-heat oven to 300*

Drain (dont rinse, duh!) the seeds and spread them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt, to taste. They are already very salty at this point, so do this step sparingly.

Bake in the oven until they are golden brown (20-25 min). Mine came out nice and browned, but they arent tough or hard or chewy, they cooked perfectly. A lil crunchy, but not hard to eat.

Side Note: You MAY want to use a little less salt during the simmering phase, but that sup to you. These didn't come out "too salty" but they were pretty salty. I think its about perfect, but I may try it with like 1.5 tsp next time.

Also, they dont come out tasting like you're drinking whiskey, but it adds a lil flavor. Probably some of the best seeds I've had. I'm not as big a fan of the sweeter recipes out there.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.