Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1149 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #17221
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Hey Marn, what kind of upper is your AR?
Spikes Tactical.

Did you see that i got it back and my shots were hitting 8" left at 50 yards.

its already boxed up and being sent back to them.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #17222
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Not tipping wasn't as insulting much as getting tipped in nickels and pennies. That crap is not acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What if I have like $20 in my ash trey worth of change that I dump on you? LOL, is it acceptable then? Just trying to determine if it's the coins or the amount that is insulting. I've never actually worked in a position where I was tipped.

Marn, wanna tip me for that shock mount work? Huh??? Common!!!! Show me some love! And no, not that tip you sick quee r! (who knew ***** was censored here? LOL)
Seriously, change was the worst. People would try to give me a handfull of quarters and I'd just turn around and go to the next thing I had to do.

Also, if people pulled out a 5 and asked for change, before taking it from them I'd ask how much do you want back, if they said $4 or $3, I'd say 'sorry, i dont have enough ones' and then just leave.

Also, people would ask for directions and not tip me, so I'd give them wrong/made up directions.

'Yup, just take a right on decatur and follow it until it hits Maryland, that'll get you right there'

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #17223
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Seriously, change was the worst. People would try to give me a handfull of quarters and I'd just turn around and go to the next thing I had to do.

Also, if people pulled out a 5 and asked for change, before taking it from them I'd ask how much do you want back, if they said $4 or $3, I'd say 'sorry, i dont have enough ones' and then just leave.

Also, people would ask for directions and not tip me, so I'd give them wrong/made up directions.

'Yup, just take a right on decatur and follow it until it hits Maryland, that'll get you right there'
That's hilarious we would always give wrong directions or if people were walking to a property we would tell them oh yeah it's like a 5 min walk when it was the opposite end of the strip. Or we would tell people to go see Chris angel because its a must see.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #17224
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
That's hilarious we would always give wrong directions or if people were walking to a property we would tell them oh yeah it's like a 5 min walk when it was the opposite end of the strip. Or we would tell people to go see Chris angel because its a must see.
Lmao thats great. What sucks about being at the hard rock we cant do that because its a few blocks to the strip and you can see where everything is. The Chris Angel thing is great. He has way to much money for sucking so bad.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #17225
rockgp
1991 MJ Comanche 

Hey gang. Just sayin hi/checkin in. Found this forum/thread looking for some jeeps to wheel with. Is this the most active group local? How often do you all go out?
rockgp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #17226
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgp
Hey gang. Just sayin hi/checkin in. Found this forum/thread looking for some jeeps to wheel with. Is this the most active group local? How often do you all go out?
Okay, after I got back in my chair from laughing so hard at your post.. Apparently you didn't take time to read through this thread before you posted; we TALK about Jeeps (and guns, fixin Jeeps, race trucks, politics, and anything else that seems interesting at the moment) but that's pretty much where the majority of the folks on here end up with the whole Jeeping thing. If you are looking for regular runs check out www.vv4w.org or www.warmachines702.com between those two sites they usually have something going every other week or so. The folks here are awesome, just aren't your average wheelers, which makes 'em all that much more entertaining. That being said, there IS a trail run thread where we actually go out as a group from time to time on here, keep an eye on it for up and coming runs.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #17227
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Just picked up a factory soft top still in the chrysler boxes off a 04 rubicon with tinted windows, door surrounds and rear bar for 200 score
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #17228
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgp View Post
Pics of Comanche? We'll be the only ones in here who have Jeep trucks , oh and my Honcho isn't here in Vegas yet, just bought it, will be a while til it's running good enough for a trail too.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #17229
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Just picked up a factory soft top still in the chrysler boxes off a 04 rubicon with tinted windows, door surrounds and rear bar for 200 score
Wanna sell/trade the windows?
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #17230
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, now that the weather is cooling off, we should be out on more trails more often.
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #17231
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My FSM should be here any day for the J10. Was thinking of dropping the fuel tank in Ely before I get it down here to fix/replace lines/seals, we smelled quite a bit of fuel after unloading it from the tow truck, not sure if it was just the angle when it was unloaded and something was leaking out or what, but I'd like to fix that before I get it here and park in the garage and BOOM!

Snow has already fallen up there and it's butt cold. May have to use my vacation in the spring to bust out a bunch of stuff!

PS Adam is cool.
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #17232
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Ok wtf anyone ever seen this? Im missing one of my soft top mount tabs on each side. I took the pad off and it dosent look to be cut off!?!?
2012-10-26_18-05-02_865.jpg  
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #17233
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Marn I spent about 30 minutes this morning reading your thread about your trans rebuild, that was good stuff. Lots of knowledgeable folks over there too!
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #17234
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Ok wtf anyone ever seen this? Im missing one of my soft top mount tabs on each side. I took the pad off and it dosent look to be cut off!?!?
Looks like you have some of my luck where the best deals are always found and taken advantage of right before you find out that its gonna cost you more to figure out how to actually use your good deal.

Not sure if its the same for TJ's but my YJ's that came from the factory with a hardtop didn't have any of the tabs for a soft top: maybe it's similar here or (most likely) I don't know what I'm talking about
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #17235
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Looks like you have some of my luck where the best deals are always found and taken advantage of right before you find out that its gonna cost you more to figure out how to actually use your good deal.

Not sure if its the same for TJ's but my YJ's that came from the factory with a hardtop didn't have any of the tabs for a soft top: maybe it's similar here or (most likely) I don't know what I'm talking about
yeah, i found out that the hard top models only come with 1 tab. Im gonna look through the box and hope to find the other tab in there. If not ill fab up a tab and get it welded up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.