1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #17221 of Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Hey Marn, what kind of upper is your AR?
Spikes Tactical.

Did you see that i got it back and my shots were hitting 8" left at 50 yards.

its already boxed up and being sent back to them.


-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline  
post #17222 of Old 10-26-2012, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Not tipping wasn't as insulting much as getting tipped in nickels and pennies. That crap is not acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What if I have like $20 in my ash trey worth of change that I dump on you? LOL, is it acceptable then? Just trying to determine if it's the coins or the amount that is insulting. I've never actually worked in a position where I was tipped.

Marn, wanna tip me for that shock mount work? Huh??? Common!!!! Show me some love! And no, not that tip you sick quee r! (who knew ***** was censored here? LOL)
Seriously, change was the worst. People would try to give me a handfull of quarters and I'd just turn around and go to the next thing I had to do.

Also, if people pulled out a 5 and asked for change, before taking it from them I'd ask how much do you want back, if they said $4 or $3, I'd say 'sorry, i dont have enough ones' and then just leave.

Also, people would ask for directions and not tip me, so I'd give them wrong/made up directions.

'Yup, just take a right on decatur and follow it until it hits Maryland, that'll get you right there'

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline  
post #17223 of Old 10-26-2012, 04:45 PM
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Seriously, change was the worst. People would try to give me a handfull of quarters and I'd just turn around and go to the next thing I had to do.

Also, if people pulled out a 5 and asked for change, before taking it from them I'd ask how much do you want back, if they said $4 or $3, I'd say 'sorry, i dont have enough ones' and then just leave.

Also, people would ask for directions and not tip me, so I'd give them wrong/made up directions.

'Yup, just take a right on decatur and follow it until it hits Maryland, that'll get you right there'
That's hilarious we would always give wrong directions or if people were walking to a property we would tell them oh yeah it's like a 5 min walk when it was the opposite end of the strip. Or we would tell people to go see Chris angel because its a must see.
ksturgio is offline  
post #17224 of Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
That's hilarious we would always give wrong directions or if people were walking to a property we would tell them oh yeah it's like a 5 min walk when it was the opposite end of the strip. Or we would tell people to go see Chris angel because its a must see.
Lmao thats great. What sucks about being at the hard rock we cant do that because its a few blocks to the strip and you can see where everything is. The Chris Angel thing is great. He has way to much money for sucking so bad.
Raptor0206 is offline  
post #17225 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
rockgp
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: las vegas
Posts: 16
Hey gang. Just sayin hi/checkin in. Found this forum/thread looking for some jeeps to wheel with. Is this the most active group local? How often do you all go out?
rockgp is offline  
post #17226 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:12 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgp
Hey gang. Just sayin hi/checkin in. Found this forum/thread looking for some jeeps to wheel with. Is this the most active group local? How often do you all go out?
Okay, after I got back in my chair from laughing so hard at your post.. Apparently you didn't take time to read through this thread before you posted; we TALK about Jeeps (and guns, fixin Jeeps, race trucks, politics, and anything else that seems interesting at the moment) but that's pretty much where the majority of the folks on here end up with the whole Jeeping thing. If you are looking for regular runs check out www.vv4w.org or www.warmachines702.com between those two sites they usually have something going every other week or so. The folks here are awesome, just aren't your average wheelers, which makes 'em all that much more entertaining. That being said, there IS a trail run thread where we actually go out as a group from time to time on here, keep an eye on it for up and coming runs.
B0nez is offline  
post #17227 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,989
Just picked up a factory soft top still in the chrysler boxes off a 04 rubicon with tinted windows, door surrounds and rear bar for 200 score
Raptor0206 is offline  
post #17228 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Spaceball
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgp View Post
Hey gang. Just sayin hi/checkin in. Found this forum/thread looking for some jeeps to wheel with. Is this the most active group local? How often do you all go out?
Pics of Comanche? We'll be the only ones in here who have Jeep trucks , oh and my Honcho isn't here in Vegas yet, just bought it, will be a while til it's running good enough for a trail too.
Spaceball is offline  
post #17229 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Just picked up a factory soft top still in the chrysler boxes off a 04 rubicon with tinted windows, door surrounds and rear bar for 200 score
Wanna sell/trade the windows?

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #17230 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Also, now that the weather is cooling off, we should be out on more trails more often.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #17231 of Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Spaceball
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 795
My FSM should be here any day for the J10. Was thinking of dropping the fuel tank in Ely before I get it down here to fix/replace lines/seals, we smelled quite a bit of fuel after unloading it from the tow truck, not sure if it was just the angle when it was unloaded and something was leaking out or what, but I'd like to fix that before I get it here and park in the garage and BOOM!

Snow has already fallen up there and it's butt cold. May have to use my vacation in the spring to bust out a bunch of stuff!

PS Adam is cool.
Spaceball is offline  
post #17232 of Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,989
Ok wtf anyone ever seen this? Im missing one of my soft top mount tabs on each side. I took the pad off and it dosent look to be cut off!?!?
Attached Thumbnails
2012-10-26_18-05-02_865.jpg  
Raptor0206 is offline  
post #17233 of Old 10-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Spaceball
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 795
Marn I spent about 30 minutes this morning reading your thread about your trans rebuild, that was good stuff. Lots of knowledgeable folks over there too!
Spaceball is offline  
post #17234 of Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Ok wtf anyone ever seen this? Im missing one of my soft top mount tabs on each side. I took the pad off and it dosent look to be cut off!?!?
Looks like you have some of my luck where the best deals are always found and taken advantage of right before you find out that its gonna cost you more to figure out how to actually use your good deal.

Not sure if its the same for TJ's but my YJ's that came from the factory with a hardtop didn't have any of the tabs for a soft top: maybe it's similar here or (most likely) I don't know what I'm talking about
B0nez is offline  
post #17235 of Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Looks like you have some of my luck where the best deals are always found and taken advantage of right before you find out that its gonna cost you more to figure out how to actually use your good deal.

Not sure if its the same for TJ's but my YJ's that came from the factory with a hardtop didn't have any of the tabs for a soft top: maybe it's similar here or (most likely) I don't know what I'm talking about
yeah, i found out that the hard top models only come with 1 tab. Im gonna look through the box and hope to find the other tab in there. If not ill fab up a tab and get it welded up
Raptor0206 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Dr. Marneaus Nevada Jeep Forum 1352 Yesterday 04:50 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome