Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1148 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #17206
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also..., I can't err valet the waggy....I'm afraid they won't know how to start it. Hen was the last time nobody had to press the gas to set the choke on anything?

My buddy lives at sky on the strip, and you ave to valet over there. I told the guy 'I don know if you care but it leaks so maybe park it in a spot that it's pay for It to drip' he just looked a me and than the jeep and then back at me and said '...is there anything ELSE wrong with it?' all super condescending.

Dick. I'd been going there longer than he had worked there. Freakin rude.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #17207
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Don't tell him anything about the car then when they have to get you to start it raise hell and tell them they broke your car. I never had any problem parking anyone's car. You are on vacation or a local enjoy yourself that is what valet is for. What pissed me off was the dick that would roll up in their Maserati act like a prick, demand to be parked up front, then try to get in my face about a buffing swirl that your cheap *** detailer rubbed into your 6 figure car. That was the first time I told a customer to f themself.

My last day on the job this guy comes squealing his tires up to the valet desk jumps out and throws me the keys to his rented Ferrari and says park this kid. I threw his keys in the bushes. Needless to say I was let go. Totally worth it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #17208
sirhk100

I've honestly NEVER valet parked in my life. Do you pay for it? Cause honestly I'm not lazy enough to pay someone to park my pile. Also, how is it decided what's parked up front?

I've joked about valet parking my truck someday. Are Valet parking people used to driving something with a spool on the street? Heck, maybe I should really challenge them and do it on a rainy day when it's wet out to see if vegas valet people are experienced ice drivers? What about if the brakes sorta don't work on the truck? Like I know when I turn the tires to full lock pulling in or out of a parking spot that I have to pump the brake twice to get peddle pressure back because the brake caliper contacts the lower control arm and it compresses the pistons a bit. No big deal, it's just second nature to me but if someone else hops in they won't know that till they actually step on the brakes again generally when they need them! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #17209
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I told the guy 'I don know if you care but it leaks so maybe park it in a spot that it's pay for It to drip' he just looked a me and than the jeep and then back at me and said '...is there anything ELSE wrong with it?' all super condescending.

Dick. I'd been going there longer than he had worked there. Freakin rude.
Did you call him a conceited prick to his face and ask to speak to his manager? I'd have no problem trying to get some snob nosed looser valet guy fired personally...

Unread 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #17210
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've honestly NEVER valet parked in my life. Do you pay for it? Cause honestly I'm not lazy enough to pay someone to park my pile. Also, how is it decided what's parked up front?
Typically, high dollar cars are parked up front. I guess they think it makes the place seem more high end? IDK. I had my last Jeep parked up front a couple of times when it was clean. I guess it looked nice? I typically toss the valet a couple of bucks when I pick up my junk. I do it because valet is typically a bit more secure than self park although this depends on location.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #17211
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

In Las Vegas you typically don't pay for valet but you tip. High dollar or high tippers. we had a guy drop $200 in and out. He was driving a 4 runner an we would watch in the hotel so his car wad running and cool when he came out. I'm not going to lie I would occasionally get in a car and not know how to drive it. I had one of those auto clutch BMWs that I had to ask what the deal was. The worst was figuring out how to roll windows up in euro cars. It seems like every couple of years land rover changes obscure places to put window switches.
Unread 10-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #17212
sirhk100

Heck, it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to roll the windows up in the JK when they first came out! LOL

I doubt I'll ever valet my hoopties, I guess I just feel fine parking myself. I'll keep my tip money for the mtn dew on my way home! LOL

Hey Andy, check it...

Oh and I built a fixture to make sure my motor mounts match the factory bolt pattern to ensure they drop right into place rather then finding out that I built them wrong while trying to wrestle the motor in next weekend! LOL

Unread 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #17213
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Hey Andy, check it...

That looks freaking badass!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #17214
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Typically, high dollar cars are parked up front. I guess they think it makes the place seem more high end? IDK. I had my last Jeep parked up front a couple of times when it was clean. I guess it looked nice? I typically toss the valet a couple of bucks when I pick up my junk. I do it because valet is typically a bit more secure than self park although this depends on location.
where you car is parked is directly related to how much money you hand the attendant.

If i dropped 50 bucks or a bill my jeep would be front and center.

Thats the trick, people dont get it, but you tip bigger on the way in, that guarantees service.

If you stiff them on the way in they park your car wheever (on the roof, in the sun, far away) then you give the guy a 5 for getting your car, you paid for bad service.

Tip 5 in 0 out if you must.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #17215
sirhk100

Or walk for free and buy beer on your drive home.

Wait, is there a smart phone app that will valet my car for me? If so, maybe I'll step up and get one...

Unread 10-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #17216
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

or just dont tip because valet is free, and then still buy a beer on your way home.

Unread 10-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #17217
sirhk100

I'm a dick but not that big of one. LOL

Unread 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #17218
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Not tipping wasn't as insulting much as getting tipped in nickels and pennies. That crap is not acceptable.
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #17219
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Marn, what kind of upper is your AR?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #17220
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Not tipping wasn't as insulting much as getting tipped in nickels and pennies. That crap is not acceptable.
What if I have like $20 in my ash trey worth of change that I dump on you? LOL, is it acceptable then? Just trying to determine if it's the coins or the amount that is insulting. I've never actually worked in a position where I was tipped.

Marn, wanna tip me for that shock mount work? Huh??? Common!!!! Show me some love! And no, not that tip you sick quee r! (who knew ***** was censored here? LOL)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.