Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#22,921 ·
#22,923 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
just ordered one of these, Johnny Lightning 1:64 scale, new release this year, too bad its a 1981....
Just one?! Gotta get a few! One for inside the waggy, one for the wall/desk, and one to play with! :) oh, and one to paint and modify like yours! That's pretty cool!

#22,924 ·
andy02 said:
Probably should have asked first, but it's well written, so I stole it. Give you unnamed credit though. Didn't take the liberty of naming you, however, if they're clever, they can find it.

#22,926 ·
Just one?! Gotta get a few! One for inside the waggy, one for the wall/desk, and one to play with! :) oh, and one to paint and modify like yours! That's pretty cool!
they are freakin expensive!

#22,927 ·
You need the Cadillac with the switches you would fit in better!! Just kidding I speak out of jealousy.
Oh trust me, I already was scheming how to build something crazy like that! The catch is any other vehicles in my drive way need to either be capable of 30+ mpg or capable of towing a car trailer with anything pictured in that picture strapped on top of the trailer.

Your pic is missing another Expo and a couple of dirt bikes.
Well, red isn't in the mood to come out and play and I didn't think the bikes staged would be right quite yet. That wasn't a staged photo. Green decided that was where it was going to die, ****** lives there for right now and blacky was parked out of the way for access to get green in and out of my sideyard until it died right there. Carb cleaner thru a vacuum line got green parked back in the side after that photo was taken!

Figured out why it wouldn't start though, fuel pump died on it. Kinda funny since we technically crossed the finish line less then 1/2 a mile ago as far as how far the truck has traveled since race day! LOL Toyota wants $418+ tax, autozone is a little over $100... Hmmmmm... I think I know the choice! LOL We have a spare but figure put a brand new in and keep the used spare as a spare.

#22,928 ·
Probably should have asked first, but it's well written, so I stole it. Give you unnamed credit though. Didn't take the liberty of naming you, however, if they're clever, they can find it.
Most of my writings have been reposted multiple times so it doesn't bother me. I hope they make it far and wide.

#22,930 ·
Figured out why it wouldn't start though, fuel pump died on it. Kinda funny since we technically crossed the finish line less then 1/2 a mile ago as far as how far the truck has traveled since race day! LOL Toyota wants $418+ tax, autozone is a little over $100... Hmmmmm... I think I know the choice! LOL We have a spare but figure put a brand new in and keep the used spare as a spare.
Fuel pump is why it kept blowing fuses? That is kind of odd. I think in the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't replace it with another Toyota part. I would go with an external pump.

#22,933 ·
All the talk by people not from here in the NV section has me wondering just how many people read our posts. I mean we have some guy from Kansas that for some reason likes this thread. We have some guy from Florida ask about getting gears and lockers done here and one of the responses is a guy with 1 post that can't figure out where he lives and the other from some cat in Maryland. Maybe we should go invade somewhere else? LOL

#22,934 ·
All the talk by people not from here in the NV section has me wondering just how many people read our posts. I mean we have some guy from Kansas that for some reason likes this thread. We have some guy from Florida ask about getting gears and lockers done here and one of the responses is a guy with 1 post that can't figure out where he lives and the other from some cat in Maryland. Maybe we should go invade somewhere else? LOL
The guy from Florida lives here. Real nice guy, i have wheeled with him.

Sent from my Imagination

#22,936 ·
That Maryland cat I is me! I lived in North Las Vegas over on Centennial for four years and just moved to DC. Wish I never did. There is no other place that I have ever lived that you can just pull off the road anywhere you want and just go; and the cops are cool with it.
I have never lived in DC. Visited a few times. I think I would rather live here. :rofl:

#22,937 ·
DC just strikes me as a dark sinister place. Sort of like some haunted town in a horror show or movie. I've never been, but it jut seems like it would be a really seedy place. Not the kin of place you would want to spend much time in. :dunno: sort of like the rep that vegas has all over and hardly any of it is true?

#22,939 ·
My friend that lives in DC hates it with a passion and can't wait to get back here to Vegas but has a quick stop to make in London starting in a few weeks and lasting for a few years until he's allowed to come back. Oh well, his truck is mine till then! LOL I can't imagine many others in DC have a truck like his.

#22,940 ·
My mom lives in the burbs around DC and it is not too bad. Traffic sucks, it is nice seeing the green everywhere, but most of the land is private property so you are limited. I personally would not live there, but trust me there are places that are way way way way worse. Did I ever tell you guys that I lived in Wichita Falls, Tx for 5 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.