Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1146 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #17176
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Oh and spaceball the body shop knows you and Paul says hi.
Ace Bros? Good peeps!

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #17177
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Hey guys... Some of you know who I work for, some don't... Not a big deal...

These won't work with the new interior style. They're '07-'10 only I believe unless someone has a newer one and wants to try one out anyways to possibly prove me wrong.

The ones I have don't have the non stick insert piece pictured. If you want that stuff you gotta go hit walmart or something... Our production pieces we sell will have them. These freebie samples don't.

I have 4 total!!!! First come first serve! I'm also posting this on WM.com so just a heads up... Honestly I'm not even going to go in order of who speaks first. If you want one, let me know, I'll PM you my address, swing by and grab one till they're gone, my house is near trop and 95. I'm not going to hold them for someone that says they want one. Show up and grab it if you want it. LOL

Here's the one daystar currently makes.

Here's ours... It sits up taller. The pockets are deeper and bigger. We don't have the backstop for the GPS but we use the whole top surface area for the divided pockets.

I'm probably just going to set them outside somewhere at my house tonight and you can cruise by anytime to grab one till they're gone that way you don't have to worry about if I'm home or my schedule or anything like that.

BTW, if it's not obvious... These are FREE!

Only difference in these and production is our logo isn't on the bottom, these don't have the non slip pad insert, they're a tiny bit more glossy then the production ones will be and there's a strange mark on the bottom of the main pocket that if you lay the non-slip in nobody will ever see and honestly, even without it, most people wouldn't notice...

Khris
Nice looking product there, I like some of the pocket/backstop features better than my daystar one.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #17178
sirhk100

Thanks! I'd heard people not really liking the backstop on the daystar one cause most people don't find it useful. And then a lot of people complained the pocket also wasn't deep enough. So ours grew in height to give the pockets some depth. The two narrow ones on the side are wide enough for quarters and change. The front lip on the narrow one going across the front is actually undercut just a little to help keep stuff from sliding out under that amazing drag race like acceleration those 6 banger JK's produce, etc... LOL I just personally think ours is more useful for holding junk which is the point right? LOL I'm probably a little biased too though.

But hey, here's 4 FREE ones to anyone that wants to swing by and grab them from my house after tonight! Heck, if you have a JK with a daystar one and want to try ours to contrast here's your chance. If you don't like ours, no biggie, I just ask you pass it off to someone else that might like it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #17179
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fender flares shipped!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #17180
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

Ace Bros? Good peeps!
That's them Paul is hookin me up just like you did. I need to find a way to pay people back for all the favors.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #17181
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Andy, over the past two nights I welded up that axle truss to the currie housing. Thanks again for doing that grinding on it a few months back! Saved me a ton of work and it went together great. The fit on the axle tubes was absolutely perfect! Some of the gaps around the center section were a bit large and I was thinking about doing an overlay plate but instead I just went for it. It should be good and if it warped I'd be very surprised. When you were messing with it, I'm not sure if you flipped it over and looked inside at the size of the axle tubes but holy crap they're massive! I really doubt that housing warped, I would imagine the truss sucked to the housing rather then the housing sucking towards the truss! I also left the form seams unwelded till the very end to help let the truss move or twist all it needed to just in case. Anyways, thanks again! It's on there for good now that's for sure!

They say the axle tubes are a .188 wall which isn't a whole lot. Well last night I actually measured the wall on our track 9 and it's .3125 thick!!!! Holy crap!!! Not worried anymore! LOL
Good to hear that the truss went on with no problems. I could have gotten the gaps around the center a little bit closer with some more grinding. I never did look inside at the size of the axle tubes. Now I am kinda wishing I would have. I know that housing is a heavy bish. The tube size makes me wonder if it is in fact a track 9 housing or if it was just based on one. Granted, I didn't look at all the 9" housings on the Currie site but of the ones that I did look at, none of them have .3125 wall tubes. I wonder if it was a custom built unit? Either way, that thing should stand up to a serious pounding!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #17182
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris,

You gonna be avaiable saturday at some point? I'll probably have the waggy out this weekend.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #17183
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

That's them Paul is hookin me up just like you did. I need to find a way to pay people back for all the favors.
I hear some time on your knees works, but I wouldn't know! Lol
Unread 10-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #17184
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I didn't look at all the 9" housings on the Currie site but of the ones that I did look at, none of them have .3125 wall tubes. I wonder if it was a custom built unit? Either way, that thing should stand up to a serious pounding!

That's kinda what I'm guessing is the previous owner had it custom built up to his specs possibly? Whatever though, not going to complain! LOL

It was originally built for this as a 100% bolt in unit and judging on the money spent a custom built axle probably isn't out of reality.

http://www.luxury4play.com/asian-aut...9-uber-fj.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Khris,

You gonna be avaiable saturday at some point? I'll probably have the waggy out this weekend.

I should be yes, shoot me a text...

Unread 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #17185
sirhk100

So, can anyone tell me what platform exactly this started life as? Notice the body seam action behind the front door? And then the complete lack of an actually functioning rear door?

Unread 10-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #17186
sirhk100

Is this a removable top option jeep offers that I just don't know about? LOL

Unread 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #17187
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i like the high line rear fenders tho

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #17188
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sanity check please...

Situation: Aircraft while taxiing to the end of the runway prior to take off encounters a problem. Pilot calls a ground emergency and the aircraft is returned to its parking spot.

Would you call this:

A. Ground Abort
or
B. In-Flight Emergency/Abort?

Sometimes I am convinced I work around a bunch of morons hell bent on pissing me off...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #17189
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ground abort. But thats coming from someone with 0 flight experience
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #17190
sirhk100

C... Put it in her butt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.