Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1145 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #17161
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Has anyone seen this guy around town?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3360536899.html

Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #17162
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

OMFGWTFBBQ? That Jeep confuses me.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #17163
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lifted, and has big meats, but has less ground clearance than stock. Lolerskates.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #17164
sirhk100

Maybe he's handicapped? Midget? amputee? 90+ years old?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #17165
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Maybe he's handicapped? Midget? amputee? 90+ years old?
or hates rock chips lol
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #17166
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I like the fact that he has the body armor rock sliders in between the truck steps and the body!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #17167
sirhk100

Eh, I don't really care honestly... I know people see the stuff I build and are like WTF is that dude thinking!!! Heck I think it myself. Or when the lowrider show was in town 2 weekends ago. I seriously can't understand those cars but hey, more power to them. If it's what they want to build that's cool...

Andy, over the past two nights I welded up that axle truss to the currie housing. Thanks again for doing that grinding on it a few months back! Saved me a ton of work and it went together great. The fit on the axle tubes was absolutely perfect! Some of the gaps around the center section were a bit large and I was thinking about doing an overlay plate but instead I just went for it. It should be good and if it warped I'd be very surprised. When you were messing with it, I'm not sure if you flipped it over and looked inside at the size of the axle tubes but holy crap they're massive! I really doubt that housing warped, I would imagine the truss sucked to the housing rather then the housing sucking towards the truss! I also left the form seams unwelded till the very end to help let the truss move or twist all it needed to just in case. Anyways, thanks again! It's on there for good now that's for sure!

Oh and I measured the axle tubes, I admit I was a bit worried that the "track 9" Currie housing wasn't going to be strong enough for our use after reading the description of it online but then after actually looking it over last night I think we'll be fine. Especially with that truss on it. The reason I was worried about it is...

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...E.aspx?id=1760

They say the axle tubes are a .188 wall which isn't a whole lot. Well last night I actually measured the wall on our track 9 and it's .3125 thick!!!! Holy crap!!! Not worried anymore! LOL

Unread 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #17168
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sorry I spoke to soon on the ford. When I got back to the office it was gone I asked the body shop what happened to it they said the owner picked it up and left. If I can get a contact number ill let you know. In one of the pics you can pick out a delorean in the back round. It has 5,000 original miles and just sold for $28k.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #17169
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

So I talked to the same body shop about my den from being hit this weekend. He gave me a round about estimate of about $5-600 to fix for parts. So I have been looking at steel bumpers and I found this. http://tacticalarmorgroup.com/Wincher.aspx#BrushGuard

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as I have never bought a bumper before. Oh and spaceball the body shop knows you and Paul says hi.
image-190060944.jpg  
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #17170
keithert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in Vegas now. Heading home in 9 hours. I saw 2 TJs playing on the shoulder off of 95 west of town. Then I saw a group of 10 FJs heading west on 95. Made me jealous because I rented a Mustang vert.
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #17171
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert
I'm in Vegas now. Heading home in 9 hours. I saw 2 TJs playing on the shoulder off of 95 west of town. Then I saw a group of 10 FJs heading west on 95. Made me jealous because I rented a Mustang vert.
Welcome to Vegas and hope you enjoy your time here.

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #17172
sirhk100

It's a bumper... What are you looking for opinion wise? If we like the looks of it or not shouldn't really matter cause it's your truck. LOL Looks big and metal like. Probably would ruin the other car next time they hit you so it'll serve it's purpose well.

Here's literally every vehicle at my house these days. I'm happy to play bumper tag if anyone wants to...

Front

Rear

Front...

Rear... (already been hit, ripped the corner light out of the car, broke the headlight and tore up the fender and hood of the car, did nothing to mine.)

And the one that actually will REALLY get used as a bumper car! Hopefully we'll be doing most of the bumping rather then being bumped...

front...

Rear...

Unread 10-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #17173
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm not really sure what I want. Most of the bumpers that I've found for my truck pretty much look the same. Next time someone hits me I want them to really pay for it. A winch on this truck really won't be needed because I use it mainly for transportation and I'm not going to risk the $20,000 I paid for it beating the hell out of it or risking it getting stuck bad enough to need a winch. I don't know I'm very indecisive.
Cancel that TAG bumper I've found a ton of negative reviews. Back to shopping.
Unread 10-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #17174
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I agree with Khris, they all are huge, but then again so is your truck. The A Style one looked kinda cool, I guess because it seemed a little more aerodynamic (Ha! Like anything that big is) and had a decent looking form to it. I also liked the receiver option, makes a nifty license plate mount and if you need to move any trailers or equipment around its kinda handy + you could make some other cool hitch accessories like a huge spike or something for those that like to cut you off then slam on their brakes.

I just poked around the net a bit and saw the Iron Cross bumpers and liked the more form fitted look a lot more + looked really cool with that push bar.
http://www.ironcrossautomotive.com/bumpers
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #17175
sirhk100

Hey guys... Some of you know who I work for, some don't... Not a big deal...

These won't work with the new interior style. They're '07-'10 only I believe unless someone has a newer one and wants to try one out anyways to possibly prove me wrong.

The ones I have don't have the non stick insert piece pictured. If you want that stuff you gotta go hit walmart or something... Our production pieces we sell will have them. These freebie samples don't.

I have 4 total!!!! First come first serve! I'm also posting this on WM.com so just a heads up... Honestly I'm not even going to go in order of who speaks first. If you want one, let me know, I'll PM you my address, swing by and grab one till they're gone, my house is near trop and 95. I'm not going to hold them for someone that says they want one. Show up and grab it if you want it. LOL

Here's the one daystar currently makes.

Here's ours... It sits up taller. The pockets are deeper and bigger. We don't have the backstop for the GPS but we use the whole top surface area for the divided pockets.

I'm probably just going to set them outside somewhere at my house tonight and you can cruise by anytime to grab one till they're gone that way you don't have to worry about if I'm home or my schedule or anything like that.

BTW, if it's not obvious... These are FREE!

Only difference in these and production is our logo isn't on the bottom surface, these don't have the non slip pad insert, they're a tiny bit more glossy then the production ones will be and there's a strange mark on the bottom of the main pocket that if you lay the non-slip in nobody will ever see and honestly, even without it, most people wouldn't notice...

Khris

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.