Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1144 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #17146
sirhk100

Back when I was in college I went to Boise one year for spring break with my room mate at the time. We rode dirt bikes in the mountains, took out his snow mobiles and hit up the town at night. It was a very cool scene up there and pretty much endless scenery!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #17147
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Back when I was in college I went to Boise one year for spring break with my room mate at the time. We rode dirt bikes in the mountains, took out his snow mobiles and hit up the town at night. It was a very cool scene up there and pretty much endless scenery!
I agree with this but the chicks are all... well, kinda off. Hanging in old town Boise is awesome. The drinks are cheap, the music is good, and during the weekend the "alternate" scenery is great albeit crazy.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #17148
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I found a wrecked 98 with 80,000 mi for $800 for the whole thing. Now I just need to go look at it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #17149
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have many a question, such as hey you have a 360 right? What's your oil pressure? It will probably be several months before it's road worthy, probably no big rock crawlin but definitely some dirt roads!

I see that BJ's off road is all over the place on FSJ sites, they any good?
I DO have a tree siddy sitting around.

What I'm planning is to rebuild the one thats sitting on the stand, and remove the 1987 engine thats in the truck now.

The one thats in there now has something silly like 160k miles on it, but my oil pressure is 50PSI on the highway and 10-15 at idle with 30 weight when its warm.

The engine thats on the stand right now was about 10psi idle, and about 30psi on the highway with 50 weight hahaha. whoopsies! Had some bottom end noise.

If i rebuild that one next year, you're welcome to the one thats in my truck now. I got it for $200 and its been a hell of a runner!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #17150
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Anyone wanna come over and remove the engine to transmission bolts on the jeep?????? Im so fed up with this pig
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #17151
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
tree siddy
took me a minute to translate I'm going to try the oil pump/ timing cover stuff first and see what happens hopefully it will be ok.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #17152
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
took me a minute to translate I'm going to try the oil pump/ timing cover stuff first and see what happens hopefully it will be ok.
meh, keep in mind at idle 13 is still like the factory minimum spec.

Bump up to 50 weight if you need to. Its all good.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #17153
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris! You need a smart phone!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #17154
sirhk100

Nah, I'm good... Just got done driving a pretty mint '65 mustang fastback across town. I'm thinking maybe an old rotary would do me better now.

Unread 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #17155
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Anyone want a project? This can be yours. A little older then 65. Runs kinda drives. There is a body shop across the street from our office and they store cars with us occasionally. I guess the guy bought it unseen thinking it just needed paint. The floor is almost gone and someone did the crappiest roof repair I've ever seen on a car. Owner doesn't have the funds so he is trying to sell it. Pretty cool though.
image-707082825.jpg   image-3738491581.jpg   image-1579166643.jpg   image-3371665819.jpg  
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #17156
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Posted by a friend of mine on Facebook. Thought it was funny.
just-puddle.jpg  

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #17157
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Anyone want a project? This can be yours. A little older then 65. Runs kinda drives. There is a body shop across the street from our office and they store cars with us occasionally. I guess the guy bought it unseen thinking it just needed paint. The floor is almost gone and someone did the crappiest roof repair I've ever seen on a car. Owner doesn't have the funds so he is trying to sell it. Pretty cool though.
If I had the coin, that would be in my garage! That thing is badass!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #17158
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
What's their price point at?
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #17159
sirhk100

Yes, what's their asking price. My friend that could bring those axles down next week is actively in the market for something similar to that. Last I heard he was talking about heading to Oregon to look at one. He'll be in town next weekend and we'd possibly come look at it depending on the asking price?

It's the same friend that I posted pictures of a while back of his Rover that he restored. He's actively shopping for the next donor car...

Unread 10-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #17160
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Ill ask today. I guess the guy bought it via Internet auction at $6000 then paid $1000 for transport. My guess would be 7k but I know I wouldn't pay 7 for it. Ill post the price later today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.