Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1137 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #17041
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just put the new aluminum half doors on!!! Things are pimp!

image-519985632.jpg   image-633540071.jpg  

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #17042
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks sexy Garza.

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #17043
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

look what made its way back into my driveway this morning. She dropped it off because she said she has an oil leak and sometimes white smoke out the back. i started it up and im pretty sure its got a broken piston skirt anyone got a line a 2.5l

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #17044
sirhk100

Lift the whole front end off the ground by the frame so the suspension droops out all the way. I want to see how far it goes!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #17045
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
look what made its way back into my driveway this morning. She dropped it off because she said she has an oil leak and sometimes white smoke out the back. i started it up and im pretty sure its got a broken piston skirt anyone got a line a 2.5l

that sucks.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #17046
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Did you sell it and she brought it back or what's the story?

Unread 10-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #17047
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Did you sell it and she brought it back or what's the story?
I sold it a long time ago. She just hit me up because she knew i work on jeeps so she wants me to look at it and figure out what she needs and for me to fix it. Shes gonna pay me. I cant find a damn 2.5l anywhere carpart.com wants 900+ and a reman is 1500
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #17048
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My AR is coming back to me today or tomorrow. I plan to run a bit of ammo through it this weekend, and if all is well, it'll be for sale.

Stay tuned for updates!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #17049
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Just put the new aluminum half doors on!!! Things are pimp!
Dear Garza,

Thank you for contacting me about your Jeeps feelings. It is obvious to me from the pictures that your Jeep is very sad and wishes to now either be gray or share garage space with a gray Jeep. Do not fret, as we all know purchasing yet another Jeep and keeping it happy can be an expensive undertaking. I have found the solution for you! In my garage, there just so happens to be a gray 2004 Rubicon. I suggest that you bring your obviously unhappy Jeep over to my house so these two Jeeps can live together in harmony for the rest of their lives. Please leave the keys and title in the mailbox at my address. I will update you from time to time on how your Jeep is getting along in its new environment.

Sincerely,
andy02
The "Jeep Whisperer"

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #17050
sirhk100

You know what's crazy to me about Garza's jeep is I believe those are 37's yet they don't look big at all!

I personally think it needs some rear fenders, it looks to empty back there. Purely cosmetic and purely my opinion. You don't have to care one bit... LOL

Unread 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #17051
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
You know what's crazy to me about Garza's jeep is I believe those are 37's yet they don't look big at all!

I personally think it needs some rear fenders, it looks to empty back there. Purely cosmetic and purely my opinion. You don't have to care one bit... LOL
Lol yep the Falken's are a very small 37" tire. My 75% tread MTR's are 5/8" taller than the new tires. I'm going to run the crap out of these and see how they do. I even have the TT race team pushing me to run Toyos. So there is no telling what I'll end up with.

As far as the rear flares, I have a bolt on set of aluminum ones in the works. That way for street driving and dirt road pounding I can keep some stuff off the back of my head.

Andy.....just reading that and knowing you took the time to write all that has me laughing MAO! We'll meet up and the Jeeps can rub tires lol

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #17052
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I just floated the question by a friend that just moved out here that worked for poly performance before moving here a few months ago. Poly is owned by the same guy that owns synergy. Anyways he said to the best of his knowledge no shops here in vegas have picked up their line yet so you might be SOL and have to order direct.

Thanks Khris!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #17053
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Lol yep the Falken's are a very small 37" tire. My 75% tread MTR's are 5/8" taller than the new tires. I'm going to run the crap out of these and see how they do. I even have the TT race team pushing me to run Toyos. So there is no telling what I'll end up with.

As far as the rear flares, I have a bolt on set of aluminum ones in the works. That way for street driving and dirt road pounding I can keep some stuff off the back of my head.

Andy.....just reading that and knowing you took the time to write all that has me laughing MAO! We'll meet up and the Jeeps can rub tires lol
Dear Garza,

While I can understand your reluctance to park your Jeep in my garage for the rest of it's life, I must warn against allowing your Jeep to rub tires with random Jeeps. You nor your Jeep know where those other Jeeps have been. If you feel that it is a must, might I suggest avoiding Jeeps with things such as tire shine. Those Jeeps are typically compensating for something or hiding underlying issues. The last thing you want is for your Jeep to contract a disease like death wobble from one instance of tire rubbing with some unknown Jeep. The utmost care must be taken to avoid Jeep STD's and we cannot allow ourselves to over look dominance issue when it comes to Jeeps of the same sex.

Sincerely,
andy02
The "Jeep Whisperer"

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #17054
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

anyone got a engine hoist and stand i could borrow for a bit. I am gonna order a new engine for the old jeep and dont really have room to store a new engine hoist and stand after i get done with this swap. once i get the engine i should only need them for a few days. I can pick up. Im in the SW if anyone is close
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #17055
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
anyone got a engine hoist and stand i could borrow for a bit. I am gonna order a new engine for the old jeep and dont really have room to store a new engine hoist and stand after i get done with this swap. once i get the engine i should only need them for a few days. I can pick up. Im in the SW if anyone is close
I have both you can use and would actually be doing me a favor as they are in my way for the next couple weeks anyway. If you want to get them tomorrow, PM me and I'll get you my number and the address where they are at.....close to S Valley View and Sunset

Ricky

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.