Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1136 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 10-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #17026
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Anyone want an open face face helmet? Like $20
What is a face helmet? I know a few women that should be wearing one...

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #17027
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

What is a face helmet? I know a few women that should be wearing one...
Lolz!
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #17028
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Oops, race helmet lol
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #17029
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Oops, race helmet lol
Meh.. not nearly as interesting or entertaining.

Hey, while I've got everyone's eyeballs for a minute..Anyone know where I can find two sets (4 joints total) of Synergy Ball Joints locally? 4WheelParts said I had to go directly to the manufacturer for them, but google said otherwise. I just can't think of where else to try locally. Any ideas?

http://synergysuspension.com/Synergy...s-p-26182.html
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #17030
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So when and where is this gun show this weekend?
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:51 AM   #17031
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
So when and where is this gun show this weekend?
Crossroads Gun show at the Cashman Field, Oct 20-21

Then in two weeks there's the Las Vegas Gun show Nov 3-4, at the Sports Center on Sunset near Town Square. I'm not going to go to either one after that debate though, they'll probably try to sell me a Mosin for $200 or a WASR for $600... it's way too close to the election to go to a gun show
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #17032
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282

Crossroads Gun show at the Cashman Field, Oct 20-21

Then in two weeks there's the Las Vegas Gun show Nov 3-4, at the Sports Center on Sunset near Town Square. I'm not going to go to either one after that debate though, they'll probably try to sell me a Mosin for $200 or a WASR for $600... it's way too close to the election to go to a gun show
But they're going to ban assault rifles! (assault rifles are select fire) roflmao!
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #17033
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
But they're going to ban assault rifles! (assault rifles are select fire) roflmao!
He said he wanted to ban "assualt weapons" (according to the previous ban, our AR's fall into that category) then went on to say that he wanted to get automatic weapons off the streets. He was being deliberately confusing because saying he wanted to ban "assualt weapons" would swing some key States away from him but at the same time by what he said, most people think he was only talking about select fire firearms.

However, if he were to re-enact an "assualt weapon" (I really hate that term) ban, there are ways around it provided it follows the same lines as before. Go with a bull barrel with no flash suppressor and ditch the bayonet lug. Suddenly, your evil black rifle is no longer an "assualt weapon." The most telling thing for me was him saying he wanted to get "cheap handguns" off the street.

The only way to get to "cheap handguns" would be to ban all handguns. After all, there is zero definition of cheap. What I find to be inexpensive may not be the same thing that you find to be inexpensive. I often wonder if politicians actually think a ban would do anything besides keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Chicago has a ban on handguns and also has the highest violent crime rate in the country. Kennesaw Ga, which has a law that requires all heads of household to maintain a firearm and ammo, has the lowest crime rate in the country. Those results are per capita, so don't try coming at me with "Chicago has a higher crime rate because it has more people." That is a bull**** argument and gun control advocates know it but it does nothing to sway their minds.

Cliffs Notes:
-gun control measures bad
-gun ownership good
-Obama wants to ban guns (therefore, he is bad)
-less guns = more crime (criminals don't care about laws)
-more guns = less crime (buy a gun and learn how to use it)

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #17034
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Meh.. not nearly as interesting or entertaining.

Hey, while I've got everyone's eyeballs for a minute..Anyone know where I can find two sets (4 joints total) of Synergy Ball Joints locally? 4WheelParts said I had to go directly to the manufacturer for them, but google said otherwise. I just can't think of where else to try locally. Any ideas?

http://synergysuspension.com/Synergy...s-p-26182.html
I just floated the question by a friend that just moved out here that worked for poly performance before moving here a few months ago. Poly is owned by the same guy that owns synergy. Anyways he said to the best of his knowledge no shops here in vegas have picked up their line yet so you might be SOL and have to order direct.

Moving along with the interior stuff still!

I think I'm going to attempt to make bolt in panels to make it look a little more finished cause I don't like seeing behind it and underneath it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #17035
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You have the aluminum for it!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #17036
sirhk100

That aluminum is way too thick to do it though. I'm going to make it out of that same sheet metal that you helped me fold in half and put on the side yard.

That is if it even works...

Unread 10-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #17037
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That aluminum is way too thick to do it though. I'm going to make it out of that same sheet metal that you helped me fold in half and put on the side yard.

That is if it even works...
That makes sense, super thin and easy to mold.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #17038
sirhk100

That's what I'm shooting for... Although between my post above and right now I came up with another mounting idea that would probably allow me to use that aluminum. It's just so thick though! It would be strong though for sure! HAH

Unread 10-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #17039
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That's what I'm shooting for... Although between my post above and right now I came up with another mounting idea that would probably allow me to use that aluminum. It's just so thick though! It would be strong though for sure! HAH
The aluminum would have a cool look too!
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #17040
sirhk100

It'll probably all get painted anyways, aluminum or steel. It's not like I've got a bead roller or brake to do cool work with. It's just going to be a flat boring plate to cover up the ugliness of the floor so it'll probably end up just black like everything else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.