Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #16891
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,750
bahahahaha

I was recording cars driving by in the flood, then about 40 seconds in a dude in a R/T Challenger drives by, sees me recording, and freakin tears through the water that is up to his bumpers.

just FYI the videos are kind of lour because me and the guys were all yelling about it as the dude drove by, might want to turn the volume down. This was just outside of work, by the way.

he came back around too.


__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #16892
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,291
Score! Jeep tent from CL!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #16893
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
bahahahaha

I was recording cars driving by in the flood, then about 40 seconds in a dude in a R/T Challenger drives by, sees me recording, and freakin tears through the water that is up to his bumpers.

just FYI the videos are kind of lour because me and the guys were all yelling about it as the dude drove by, might want to turn the volume down. This was just outside of work, by the way.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdngTmncHU&feature=plcp

he came back around too.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOsYs72AGvw&feature=plcp
Sad thing is the idiot probably thought you guys were filming 'cause he was sooooo cool.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #16894
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Score! Jeep tent from CL!
so you are the *** that was before me... the guy was nice enough to email me back though
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #16895
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Garza, I am sure you are running some type of custom suspension under that rig. Can you give us the details?
The rear is a triangulated 4-link, Johnny Joints all around. Fox 12" travel shocks custom valved. Outboarded shock mounts, anti-rock sway bar.

Front is a 3-link, JJ's, custom trac-bar, Fox shocks. Now that deal Khris showed is something my builder designed for constant down pressure. I have so much down travel that the coils would just barely come unseated. Unseated springs (although some ramp queens and other people think it's cool) are no bueno....ever. So we came up with a way to have that constant pressure with a 6" 150lb rate spring hidden in a cup to do just that. It's a test so we'll see how it works.

I'll have more pics soon, I planned on driving it to work today, but the rain shot all those plans since I don't have a rear window until I modify the cage.

RG
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #16896
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
The rear is a triangulated 4-link, Johnny Joints all around. Fox 12" travel shocks custom valved. Outboarded shock mounts, anti-rock sway bar.

Front is a 3-link, JJ's, custom trac-bar, Fox shocks. Now that deal Khris showed is something my builder designed for constant down pressure. I have so much down travel that the coils would just barely come unseated. Unseated springs (although some ramp queens and other people think it's cool) are no bueno....ever. So we came up with a way to have that constant pressure with a 6" 150lb rate spring hidden in a cup to do just that. It's a test so we'll see how it works.

I'll have more pics soon, I planned on driving it to work today, but the rain shot all those plans since I don't have a rear window until I modify the cage.

RG
I would really like to have my Jeep set-up similar to yours. Unfortunately, I doubt I will ever be able to get it to that point. I would like to crawl around it and take notes though.

I have a question about the extra springs. I would assume that they are under constant pressure while the Jeep is at ride height otherwise, they wouldn't do what they were designed to do when drooped. How do you keep the springs from getting weak and then not working as planned? Just a guess but are they spaced out to be under about half pressure at ride height?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #16897
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,795
Andy,

At ride height I'd guess they're fully collapsed and solid but maybe I'm wrong, depends on if they designed in a slide stop or not. Generally that top spring in his setup is called a "tender spring" when talking about it in conversation. Not sure if that's true technical industry design lingo but most offroad suspension guys that are familiar with dual rate setups will know what you're talking about if you toss out that term.

Some springs are designed to actually go to full solid bind and still hold their shape and rate. You typically pay a little extra for that feature designed into a coil but it exists. The whole "you can't completely collapse a spring cause it'll ruin it" is 100% a myth! There is some truth though cause not all coils are designed with that function in mind but they do exist... I've had some experience with coil spring manufacturers when I used to do suspension lift design and that was an option that was always available when working with the spring manufacturers.


Basically they've created another way of doing the exact same thing we've currently got going on with the race truck. Notice the top coil is fully collapsed at ride height.

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #16898
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,360
They are 6" spring all internally captured in a cartridge. They are 50% compressed and wont ever be compressed more than that. So they are under constant 450lbs pressure......at full droop we will have 1" showing so...150lbs down pressure on the shock which is the sole purpose.

RG
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #16899
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,572
Thanks for all the information! I never would have understood it if it wasn't explained to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #16900
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,750
Well apparently my upper is on its way back to me?

I called. The guy I had been dealing with is no longer there and another guy helped.me.out. he said it definitely wasn't good that I had been waiting so long and told me he'd call me back by the end of the day to let me know the status.

I got an email about 2 hours later saying its shipping tonight.

Kinda scares me though. Unless it was already repaired and was misplaced or just sitting in the 'done' pile I'm a little worried.

If it wasn't how the hell did they test it repair it test it and pack it up within 2 hours?
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #16901
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Well apparently my upper is on its way back to me?

I called. The guy I had been dealing with is no longer there and another guy helped.me.out. he said it definitely wasn't good that I had been waiting so long and told me he'd call me back by the end of the day to let me know the status.

I got an email about 2 hours later saying its shipping tonight.

Kinda scares me though. Unless it was already repaired and was misplaced or just sitting in the 'done' pile I'm a little worried.

If it wasn't how the hell did they test it repair it test it and pack it up within 2 hours?
Do you still have your ruger?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #16902
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,750
yes
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #16903
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
yes
If i wouldnt have gotten sick last night id have it
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #16904
Spaceball
Senior Member
 
Spaceball's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 646
Saw this on Drudge, silly Brits!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tary-base.html
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #16905
Spaceball
Senior Member
 
Spaceball's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
bahahahaha
"Probably a rental"
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.