Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1126 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #16876
sirhk100

Looks rad Garza!!! I actually like the fact that from the exterior it really doesn't look that insanely built cause most of the details are all hidden underneath. I'm really curious to see the coils do their thing up front!

Curious, how long has it been in Cali under the knife?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #16877
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Coming home to Vegas!!!!
nice!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #16878
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

For any who are interested harbor freight has their 4 ton floor jack on sale for $129
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #16879
sirhk100

I picked up this jack at the beginning of summer when my old harbor freight jack failed that my dad actually bought sometime when I was still in school. It's probably 20 years old at this point and finally failed.

http://www.harborfreight.com/floor-j...eel-68049.html

Anyways, I picked up that one cause of the minimum height and the max height. It's 1/2" less then the 4 ton one but has a 2" shorter minimum. At the time I still had my lowered car in the driveway. I'll say, I'm only a summers worth of use on it but I'm very happy with it so far!

Unread 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #16880
sirhk100

Hey marn, not sure if I've ever shown you this video. It's my benchmark for the race truck only we have more shock and more motor... But main reason for showing it is watch the first 45 seconds to see what a leaf sprung setup working at it's prime is capable of!!! Just think if all four corners of yours worked like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4dy3tpC6o

Unread 10-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #16881
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Decent price but then you need to re-wire everything and install new lights, probably set up for 24v.

Maybe if you have a ***** little jeep!

1-1/2 ton aint that big!
Lol my Cherokee weighs around 3700 lbs.....
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #16882
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Hey marn, not sure if I've ever shown you this video. It's my benchmark for the race truck only we have more shock and more motor... But main reason for showing it is watch the first 45 seconds to see what a leaf sprung setup working at it's prime is capable of!!! Just think if all four corners of yours worked like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4dy3tpC6o
If you don't quit posting those videos I'm going to have another expensive interest. A while back I posted a comment about coils compared to leafs. You set me straight on that. I had no idea the market on correctly designed leaf springs. If I can keep my truck reliable for a bit a pair of leafs may be in the future.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #16883
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Lol my Cherokee weighs around 3700 lbs.....
Only with you in it!
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #16884
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Looks rad Garza!!! I actually like the fact that from the exterior it really doesn't look that insanely built cause most of the details are all hidden underneath. I'm really curious to see the coils do their thing up front!

Curious, how long has it been in Cali under the knife?
It has been 11 months. Initially dropped off to do the auto trans swap and fix my steering. Then turned into a full blown rebuild. The axles are stupid big for 37"s but I love them. The coil thing is an experiment and if it doesn't work out, I can remove the inner coil and just use the Currie springs. I drove it some today and it soaks up anything on the road. First impression on dirt is good, I will need a ton of seat time and then I will meet up with the shock tuner and go from there. The shocks already have a custom valving, but I'm sure as I get more comfortable driving it, things will change.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #16885
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh and BTW.....for you guys who drive on road 99% with your rig, I highly suggest the Falken Wildpeaks I'm running. My 37"s on beadlocks NOT balanced are smooth as glass at 70mph. They are proven in the desert on race rigs with the same off the shelf compound. They work great on slick rock, and I will report after some seat time in the jagged stuff. My buddy just put a set on his Chevy 2500HD and loves them on the washboard roads he takes when he takes his dirt bike out.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #16886
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Oh and BTW.....for you guys who drive on road 99% with your rig, I highly suggest the Falken Wildpeaks I'm running. My 37"s on beadlocks NOT balanced are smooth as glass at 70mph. They are proven in the desert on race rigs with the same off the shelf compound. They work great on slick rock, and I will report after some seat time in the jagged stuff. My buddy just put a set on his Chevy 2500HD and loves them on the washboard roads he takes when he takes his dirt bike out.
I have them on my wifes 2wd Commander, they ride well and were like iron. Wet traction is better then ANY other tire i have ever had. Also one of the guys on Warmachines has them on his JK and he like them too.

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #16887
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garza, I am sure you are running some type of custom suspension under that rig. Can you give us the details?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #16888
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Garza, I am sure you are running some type of custom suspension under that rig. Can you give us the details?
Nah man, looks pretty stockish to me! LOL

Yep, definitely stock!

Wait, what the crap is that 2nd spring in there doing???!!! Where the F did dat come from? LOL

Unread 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #16889
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that looks bone stock to me!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #16890
NizmoTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks awesome. What front shock mount are you using to mount the foxs? Where did you get it?
NizmoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.