Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#22,361 ·
Feel free to elaborate cause you're talking to someone who's carried a balance on credit cards less times then the number of fingers I have on a hand and all of those times were paid off in a matter of a few months, 3-4 at most... Explain to me why they aren't just a matter of convenience or a simple financial tool when used responsibly? (those balances were 0% promotions too BTW and I made the purchase knowing to pay off before the interest rate kicked in.

Personally, I see all the credit card haters as people that don't have the discipline to live within their means and that's not the credit cards fault. You're blaming the gun and the spoon...

For instance, This month I'll owe $300 on my card roughly once the bill shows up. That's for plane tickets for a drinking trip I'm taking. I could've waited a week till payday and bought the tickets but instead I booked when I did at the same time my friend was booking her tickets rather then waiting the week. No biggie, I wrote the ticket amount as if cash paid right out of my check book that night and this month I'm living just as if I'm $275 poorer then I really am because that money is already set aside now to pay the bill when it shows up in the next couple days.

How is the credit card company screwing me over? Cause basically, that's exactly how I use my credit cards every single month. I've had a visa in my pocket since I was 18 and I've probably paid them less then $100 total in interest in that time. My cards have no annual fees either btw...
dude, we already covered this, you're a master of credit and money, and you are amazing.

so, if i have a self control issue with eating, should i just keep all the food and spoons around? If i have a drug dependancy issue, should i hang out with druggies and keep a stash in my house even though i'm trying to get clean?

Your mindset doesnt work for everybody, i've told y'all time and time again it's a control issue. I'm not disagreeing with that. However, i am alot less likely to have a lapse in judgement and do something dumb if i dont have a credit card. So i got rid of them, and i never ever plan to have one again because its unnessesary for my lifestyle, and i see no good coming of it.

Why ya gotta poke holes in it every time it gets brought up? Lol. I have never told you not to use your credit card, use it all you want. I have made my choice and i offer my reasoning for it, i'm not talking down to anybody or suggesting that they do any different than they are, not insulting anybody or saying im better. All i'm doing is saying what works for me.

#22,362 ·
dude, we already covered this, you're a master of credit and money, and you are amazing.
Did you notice I didn't reply to you after your last post? that ENTIRE post you quoted was questioning what this evil hidden agenda that credit cards have going on that YOU didn't bring up cause in 17 years of using them I haven't seen it... I quoted and replied to giff...

#22,367 ·
BTW, I'm far from that cause if I was my house here in Vegas would be less then 5 years from being paid off but I have put an extra $500 towards it for the last 2 months and hope to keep doing that for the next 8 years.

But what I do feel I'm good at is the very simple action of looking at something and knowing if I can or can't actually afford it. If i can't I look at it, think damn, I wish I could have that, and I move on. That's the INSANELY SIMPLE concept that I don't understand why it seems like the rest of the country can't grasp including our gov and politicians.

#22,369 ·
BTW, I'm far from that cause if I was my house here in Vegas would be less then 5 years from being paid off but I have put an extra $500 towards it for the last 2 months and hope to keep doing that for the next 8 years.

But what I do feel I'm good at is the very simple action of looking at something and knowing if I can or can't actually afford it. If i can't I look at it, think damn, I wish I could have that, and I move on. That's the INSANELY SIMPLE concept that I don't understand why it seems like the rest of the country can't grasp including our gov and politicians.
did you know mexico pays for everything in cash? Novel concept for a government huh?

"we need a new road here"

"we'll put it on the list"

flash forward 5 years

"Here's your new road people. Here's a check for the work that was done, mr. contractor"

Its the American mindset of instant gratification without consideration of long term effects. Where that came from, i dont know.

#22,370 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
did you know mexico pays for everything in cash? Novel concept for a government huh?

Its the American mindset of instant gratification without consideration of long term effects. Where that came from, i dont know.
Mexico is also classified as a third-world country. For a multitude of other non related issues.

The American mindset comes from the "me first" mentality. People aren't courteous anymore. No one gives a ish about anyone but themselves. It's a ticking time bomb honestly. Just ponder it. It also seems to be a common trend on this forum of attacking people for posting opinions and practices. If it works for you, go with it. Marn, get a credit card, and Khris, get a smart phone! Lol you guys know you don't need those things, and it's great for you. Others may disagree, and that's fine. If you don't like it, don't read it not respond to posts about it. It sucks that others feel the need to belittle you for those decisions.
The same mentalities can be seen in every political issue. "You have guns, I don't like guns, so no one but the cops should have guns. Lets ban guns!"
"You have money, I don't, and don't wanna work for it. Lets get more welfare programs so I can have more for free!"
"You like jeeping in the wilderness. It hurts animals and uses lots of gas. Lets close off road trails to everything but foot traffic. It's how they live originally and it's a pure existence(in hippie voice)"
If someone says or does something you don't agree with or find offensive....don't read, listen, look at it and mind your own business. If it isn't hurting you, EFF OFF!
My two cents, carry on! :cheers:

#22,371 ·
Oh, and Dmgiff, hit me up, need to run a couple ideas by you. Nothing too important nor pressing. (I think your ignoring my emails and texts) :)

#22,372 ·
wow power. The fact that you think some of the things people say on here offends people just offends me.

I honestly can't think of a single time that I was offended on here. Maybe it is just that I don't give a rats arse what is said on the internet. I have met most of you and I know that you guys are cool, so therefore I take everything on here as mostly joking. I think this place would be very boring if we all go along and talked about starbucks, iphones, and other hipster stuff. Heck just think about how boring it would be in here if Khris did not post up all of the pictures of his stuff. Just to make sure that Khris is reading this could you post another picture of the motorcycle jumping over the Jeep?

#22,373 ·
I have four patches of this grass. I don't want them anymore. I have other plans for their locations. Can anyone use them. They're cool and all, but I just don't want them. Whoever wants them, come dig them up and bring me a rose bush or some coronas or something we can figure out. Or just take them. Whatever. Otherwise, I'll take them to my parents' house or trash em.
As can be seen, the dogs like to make them beds. They may or may not survive. They've been in full western direct sun and seen to do fine.

Attachments

#22,374 ·
Merrick, you need a header right? I'm in need of a 99 specifically and I think that's what year yours is. Read below, this applies to you too cause of your specific model year! Yours might not be a straight forward install though and may involve a hammer or a grinder, won't know till we do it, that's the reason for using your specific model year though!

Sorry guys... Unless someone else has a '99, then I'll open up the offer below to whoever can out bribe Merrick! LOL

So, how about them Jeeps??

Sent from my Imagination
For the rest of you though!!!

I'll bite... I've gotta clear some details with the bossman in the morning but I'm betting he'll be fine with what I have up my sleeve.

Anyone want a free exhaust header? What's the catch you say? Keep reading...

Must be a '00-'06 TJ, 6 cylinder with 100% stock exhaust in front of the muffler. Also, must be able to do the install at my house in my driveway on a weekday in the next week or two. Also must be able to be at my house earlyish to get started on it. 7-8am arrival time, when we're done, we're done. Also must be willing to help out! I'm not doing the whole install myself, sorry! I'm down to get dirty and do the work but you're getting a free header out of the deal so some extra hands would be nice. LOL You also have to be willing to deal with me taking pictures of virtually every step along the way.

Now why am I offering this? What's the hidden agenda? Well, really not much... We've got headers that we sell but in all honesty, we've never done an actual install. It's a product that we buy from a manufacturer and sell under our product name. We've had less then a 1% return on them. Basically as simple as it gets, on the 00-06 model specifically I want to see first hand that they fit with no problems. (There's a different hidden agenda on the 99 model I mention above with Merrick) We also don't have install instructions so if I'm doing it I might as well take the photos and notes to knock them out along the way.

Last and far from least, owner of jeep must arrive with cold 12 pack of mtn dew!

First come first serve, right now other then the '99 specific offer, it's only open to 1 owner with a 00-06 model.

Oh and Andy, I don't mean to point you out of the crowd cause I honestly would just text you and say bring yours by and lets do it but honestly, I'd rather give it to someone that's going to be keeping their jeep and I know yours is short term. Sorry bud, no hard feelings... It's not going to make or break your jeep sale. :p

What I need to clear with the boss is just verify he's cool with me doing this at my house rather then here at work. Our tool selection here at work blows compared to what I have at my house so I'd rather do it there to lessen the frustration. Cause I'm doing it at home, I'll be solo which is why I would like your help on the install. The other thing I need to clear with the bossman is what we'll do if for whatever reason the header turns out to not fit, or the rest of your exhaust doesn't mount up to the flange or something. Are we paying for an exhaust shop to fix it or do I have to pull it back out and put the stocker back in? Basically I want to clarify details first.

No clue cause I know I sure wasn't raised with it.

#22,375 ·
I have four patches of this grass. I don't want them anymore. I have other plans for their locations. Can anyone use them. They're cool and all, but I just don't want them. Whoever wants them, come dig them up and bring me a rose bush or some coronas or something we can figure out. Or just take them. Whatever. Otherwise, I'll take them to my parents' house or trash em.
As can be seen, the dogs like to make them beds. They may or may not survive. They've been in full western direct sun and seen to do fine.
looks like lilly turf to me.

decent plant. look good around the bases of palms and whatnot.

transplanting will be a craps shoot tho, those 3 look kinda junky (no offense) and stressed, likely wont survive.

#22,377 ·
Just to make sure that Khris is reading this could you post another picture of the motorcycle jumping over the Jeep?
I don't own nor have I ever owned any of these things you mention! I'm still learning to read!

And I can't remember every being offended by anything anyone on here has ever said. I don't understand a lot of others and question them but have never once been offended and I don't judge either. I don't believe in god yet find speaking with believers awesome cause it's really interesting to me. Same with addicts, I've never been one so I find hearing about their issues fascinating cause it's such a foreign concept to me. Same with living out of your means, if you can't afford it, why did you buy it? That's a crazy concept to me and I find it interesting that people do it. Simple as that... If you think I'm calling you stupid or dumb or something, I appologize! A lot of my comments have a sarcastic I'm superior undertone, it's my way of typing...

BTW, all you jeep owners are dumb!!!! I've already got Andy drinking the coolaid!!! Who's next? LOL :2thumbsup:

#22,378 ·
gregaf3 said:
wow power. The fact that you think some of the things people say on here offends people just offends me.
When I said "you" it was a collective public "you" we all have the same basic views on stuff. If I have ever been offended, and I can't think of when I was, I just read it, and took it as opinion and moved on. People too often feel that they should be compensated for being offended. Compensation should only be given I real damage has occurred. People need to stop being sensitive about a lot of issues. We all take jokes in here, but when the same, lame old jokes and insults pop up repeatedly, it gets more annoying than offensive. I know most of it is good old fashioned ribbing, but hen the same topics of jabbing are beat like a dead horse, it's lame. We all seem to be a pretty close knit group and any of us would likely drop everything to help each other out for no compensation, and that is completely awesome! I'm glad I found this forum because I have made some great friends and had some great times with everyone here.
Long winded story short, ribbing is ok, but sheesh, get over it and move on from the same topics of attack. Khris doesn't want a smart phone. Stop attacking his resistance to getting something he doesn't feel he needs. Marn doesn't want a credit card, see above. Puck has his own ideas about what he wants to do with his rig with the money he has, let him be. Give opinions, but don't berate him if you feel he is going about it the wrong way. Be supportive!

#22,379 ·
I don't own nor have I ever owned any of these things you mention!

And I can't remember every being offended by anything anyone on here has ever said. I don't understand a lot of others and question them but have never once been offended and I don't judge either. I don't believe in god yet find speaking with believers awesome cause it's really interesting to me. Same with addicts, I've never been one so I find hearing about their issues fascinating cause it's such a foreign concept to me. Same with living out of your means, if you can't afford it, why did you buy it? That's a crazy concept to me and I find it interesting that people do it. Simple as that... If you think I'm calling you stupid or dumb or something, I appologize! A lot of my comments have a sarcastic I'm superior undertone, it's my way of typing...

BTW, all you jeep owners are dumb!!!! I've already got Andy drinking the coolaid!!! Who's next? LOL :2thumbsup:
I've had a ranger for 2 years now. I get no love?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.