Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1109 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #16621
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i'd rock a baja bug

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #16622
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Agreed on the bug - you should definitely swap with that guy, plus it will get better mileage than your other 4 wheeled toys if you need to justify it any further.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #16623
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Sometimes when I am reading this thread it makes me realize I have absolutely no clue what's going on.. Secret jeep projects, suspicious sounding coffee discussions, etc. I guess I am more out of touch with things than I originally thought.

Speaking of being clueless, I have never adjusted any of my firearms sights (all iron sights), I have absolutely no idea how (outside of the obvious tinkering with the adjustment screws, slides, etc) or what to do. If any of you old pros are ever feeling generous, I would sure appreciate the use of your time, knowledge, experience, sighting gadgets, etc. to get me set up correctly.
We do that on purpose to keep things from you. One day you will figure it out and we will have to start all over again. Only the cool kids get the memo.

As for adjusting the sights, no way in hell! If I teach you how to adjust sights, when the zombies come, you will be looking for me to shoot because... Well because I am awesome.

In all seriousness, I think a shooting outing is needed soon. I know that there are people on this board that are far more experienced setting up irons than I but I am willing to help in any way I can.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #16624
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you are referring to the sights on your pistol, chances are they are fixed sights front and rear. The only way to adjust them is either a gunsmith, or if you have the tools and a good bore sighting system, you could do it. I doubt they are off if that's what you are talking about.
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #16625
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
If you are referring to the sights on your pistol, chances are they are fixed sights front and rear. The only way to adjust them is either a gunsmith, or if you have the tools and a good bore sighting system, you could do it. I doubt they are off if that's what you are talking about.
That pretty much sets it for the pistols then.. How about the two rifles?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #16626
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rifles are typically only adjustable up and down, unless they're AR or AK type. Many are adjustable for windage(left and right) though, and it varies from rifle to rifle. Either way, there will be graduations, lines, or yardage marks on the sights, if adjustable.
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #16627
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Rifles are typically only adjustable up and down, unless they're AR or AK type. Many are adjustable for windage(left and right) though, and it varies from rifle to rifle. Either way, there will be graduations, lines, or yardage marks on the sights, if adjustable.
Not necessarily. Alot of rifles just have the sights set in a dovetail notch and these are adjustable too. Use a brass punch and a hammer to tap it in whatever direction you need.

Rear sights get moved in the direction you want the shot to move. Front sights get moved opposite direction you want the shot to go.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #16628
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This thread has been getting slower and slower as time goes on. It wasn't that long ago that somebody would post something about every hour or so. Now, we have periods of up to a few hours with little to no activity. I am going to need you halfwits to step up your game. How are we supposed to ever catch up to the 1 million post wins thread?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #16629
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It is because the temps are finally getting out of the triple digits and everyone is getting out of their cocoons
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #16630
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

either that or because piratebay went down for a few days
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #16631
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i dunno about y'all, but i'm actually busy....some days.

Also, the forum being all screwed up there for a few days was making me not want to post anything.

Unread 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #16632
sirhk100

Nobody likes pictures and all I do is work at work and then work at home so I just don't have much to post about anymore. Wanna buy a jeep?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #16633
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

at least your pictures show progress... most of our projects are stagnant.

Did you finish bypassing the safety devices on your washer so you roommate can lose a limb?
Unread 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #16634
sirhk100

No I determined the motor was trashed and after looking at new motor vs. craigslist used I went with the easy route and moved the washer to the curb. It was gone within an hour. Should be off to pickup a new used one about 5 minutes from my house for a whole whopping $60 tonight! LOL

So instead I plumbed up brake lines last night. Sorry, no pictures of them though, wasn't anything neato or fancy... Latest pictures I have involve skidplates. There's been lots of other progress as I'm out there working virtually 7 days a week but lately the progress has been small detail stuff that isn't exciting picture wise.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #16635
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Also, the forum being all screwed up there for a few days was making me not want to post anything.
I still can't jf to work with firefox browser, have to use ie. Something still screwed up me thinks.

Oh and Go Mitt tonight in 2 minutes!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.