Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #1636
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

My wife works on the Strip, so we rarely go there on time off. We drove through there this weekend to avoid the construction traffic on I-15. Did anyone else see the Occupy Wall Street nuts walking the Strip?

A few of them were still waving signs about President Bush. Most were signs about coorporations and the rich. Stinking hippies.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #1637
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
A few of them were still waving signs about President Bush. Most were signs about corporations and the rich. Stinking hippies.
On a related note, after the earthquake in DC, they discovered that it was caused by a previously undiscovered crack in the earth that was named "Bush's Fault."
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #1638
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here we go with politics again. Bush inherited a 2-3 trillion deficit and turned it into a 7 trillion. Obama doubled it to almost 15 trillion in just three years! We need them all gone and start over! Our great grandchildren are screwed.
Unread 10-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #1639
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Correction-when I wrote deficit, I meant debt. They are two different figures.
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #1640
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

My grandkids might be jerks, so I would rather things get better for us than for them.
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #1641
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I finally got to do Angel's Peak on Sunday. Not too bad of a run, just a lot of very loose stuff and some lite desert pin striping. There are some awesome views from the summit up by the antenna's. Luckily Sunday's are visiting hours for the JC up there and the gate was open, which allowed me to go down via the paved road.

I ran into three guys coming down the trail as I was going up. Has anyone taken the trail that goes out the west side of Angel's peak ? Looking at the maps it goes all the way out to 95
2011-10-16_13-53-38_679.jpg   2011-10-16_14-30-22_813.jpg   2011-10-16_14-31-08_19.jpg  
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #1642
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've been there a few times, but not in a while. My 2.5L has a tough time getting up that long approach to Mt. Charleston. Never knew that was called Angel's Peak. We've just been calling it Epcot Center. For those not familiar, there is a big ball like that in Epcot Center, Florida.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #1643
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We were exploring south again. Sad to say that, according to our GPS and confirmed by Google Earth, we've visited all the trails north of GoodSprings to Blue Diamond, all the trails east of Goodsprings to I-15 and all trails west and south of Goodsprings to the California border. I thought it would take much longer.

Yeah, I'm kind of sad about this. We just found out about the area and have already exhausted it. That's what we always do. We find an area and visit it until we've seen in all.

We've been considering the Nelson area, but it looks like many of the mines are still being worked.
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #1644
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been there a few times, but not in a while. My 2.5L has a tough time getting up that long approach to Mt. Charleston. Never knew that was called Angel's Peak. We've just been calling it Epcot Center. For those not familiar, there is a big ball like that in Epcot Center, Florida.

4 bangers FTW
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #1645
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm happy with the 2.5 most days, but getting to the trails usually involves long steep approaches at or near highway speeds. Sucks when a school bus passes you and every little punk 7th grader on that bus is giving you the finger.
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #1646
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

That's what that thing is..... I thought it was the deflector shield generator. Explains why there are no Ewoks around there.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #1647
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's an interesting video I came across on YouTube. It's of a few guys jumping from Mt. Potosi radio station and paragliding to the Red Rock Canyon exit parking area. I'm estimating that was about 8-12 miles by air.

Unread 10-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #1648
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here are the coordinates to the Mt. Potosi radio towers:
3553'34.69"N 11529'41.47"W

It's a beautiful view from up there. A word of advice before you start heading up. If you see any vehicles up there or heading down, wait for them to come all the way down before heading up. There are no places to turn around and driving steep inclines backwards with drum brake rears isn't safe.
img_3012.jpg  
Unread 10-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #1649
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Where has everyone been lately? I got myself into a poker playing binge for a few days. I couldn't lose, so I didn't stop for a while. If any of you play poker, try playing a table at The Palms. Lots of young guys there that watched the WSOP on TV a few times and think they know the game.

Lots of suckers at those tables. Just remember, if you sit at a poker table and can't spot the sucker... it's you.
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #1650
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Work has been crazy 12 hr days until today it was 15. Oh and I'm on salary. I'm down for another Sunday shoot if anyone is going. I went last weekend of the 95 at the "white cliffs" (so I hear that is what its called now) just past corn creek road. If any one is going this weekend I'll tag along on a Sunday. I should get the motor pulled on my zj tomorrow and finally start making some progress on it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.