Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #151
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

on my rock sliders, i painted them with a truck liner, easy to touch up if damage.

loic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #152
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
pick one thats a little less bumpy! haha
for snow I dont know any places, but for mud, the dry lake by Jean is nice !!

Unread 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #153
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garza View Post
Haha, no actually they have a less chance of "denting" vs steel. Aluminum has a "memory" some what. All my stuff is formed from 3/16" 6061 and very strong. On my old buggy all my suspension links and steering was 1.75" 7075 aluminum, never had a problem.

Here is my aluminum stuff.

Ricky

Hm! Interesting!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #154
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

this. rain. sucks. ***.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #155
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

I did some light trail riding today up near Mt Charlston. It was pretty cool only being able to see 100 yards in any direction. It started getting slick up in the snow so I turned it around and called it a day. Sorry, no pics.
Unread 12-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #156
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I might be heading up there tomorrow just for the hell of it, throw a snow ball or two, then come back down.

It feels all awkward to me, being 50 degrees and rainy on christmas...no snow on the ground...

Quote:

Unread 12-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #157
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I may go to lowell canyon on Sunday AM, it should be cover with snow. I will NOT try to rough road to red rock... I'll wait for the spring for that :-)
Unread 12-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #158
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post
I may go to lowell canyon on Sunday AM, it should be cover with snow. I will NOT try to rough road to red rock... I'll wait for the spring for that :-)
I was at Potato ridge last saturday during the rain.We were hoping for snow but wasnt cold enough but foggy as heck tho,it was really cool .

We went thru the harder areas and it was waaay more difficult with the slippery rocks.We used our winches more that day than the past year.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #159
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

it's a good thing I didn't try it, I dont have a winch and was by myself... same the week before it was cover with that mist/cloud/ rain, it was really cool !!
Unread 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #160
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I ended up rolling the beast up mt charleston just to see some snow. It was a nice trip. Took my girls dad and her little brother. We had fun.

Jeep didnt like the 6000+ elevation gain though.

Quote:

Unread 12-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #161
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Whats up guys! Just joined and got my first Jeep-

I've been into the import scene for a while here in Vegas, and just stepped into the Jeep scene. SO much better then my little 2 door Prelude. Headed up Rocky Gap Road this weekend!

1993 Cherokee Sport 4x4 - Better pictures to come

PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #162
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nice stocker! Keep your eyes peeled for future tail runs.

Quote:

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #163
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Anyone wanna go for a ride this weekend? The girl has been bugging me to take her...probably on sunday.

Quote:

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #164
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'll give you a tentative yes for Sunday, as long as it's not an all-day run (i.e., back around lunch)
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #165
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

das fine with me, i'd go alone, but i dont like being alone...i need friends (with recovery points, haha).

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.