Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1098 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #16456
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I could have sworn you told us it had a six! Remember when you came up the street and I said it sounded beefy and you said it had a six? Andy, chime in, did I hear him wrong?
You heard him wrong. He said something about it being a 360. Maybe you just heard the 6 portion of that? Or you could just be a moron... I vote the later. Hell, I even made the comment that I helped drop a 360 into a Barracuda after we tried without success to kill a 225 slant six.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #16457
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

big tires!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #16458
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, I'm losing it! I totally don't remember the barracuda part, and usually should, big mopar guy and all!
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #16459
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just passing on a deal in an email that I just got. AllthingsJeep .com is running a special right now if you buy a sweatshirt you get a free t-shirt. So if you are like me, you get the old lady a present... and get a free shirt. The deal runs through the 1st so get to it.
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #16460
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Wow, I'm losing it! I totally don't remember the barracuda part, and usually should, big mopar guy and all!
You were probably thinking about men, your brain can only process so much.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #16461
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't remember? Seriously? Remind me to tell you the whole fiasco later including pulling the 360 out of the Barracuda and dropping it into a Dart. We then dropped the 340 from the Dart into the Barracuda.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #16462
sirhk100

Quote:
Take another pic of the jeep WITHOUT the giant catch can underneath it! That just screams terrible oil/trans leak!
Uhhhh, he's asking $1000 for it, are you expecting to be show room clean? If I'm looking at a car for $1000 that doesn't have a catch pan under it, I would wonder what they're hiding...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #16463
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

When I bought my first truck while I was driving it home I heard some lifter tick and figured it needed oil. I stopped at a gas station bought 4 qts of oil then before I got home it started to tick again. I got home and I needed oil again. The previous owner (who said he was a car guy) cross threaded the oil filter and plug. It also leaked from the pan front and rear seals, tranny pan and output seal, as well as the cooler lines. After all that was fixed I was a great truck.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #16464
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

if it isn't leaking it must be out of oil.
Unread 09-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #16465
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
holy f-ing water heaters puck, you breaking into foreclosed houses and stealing them or what?
he keeps the junk ones when he removes/replaces them. when he stopped by on saturday he said he took a truck load of 36 of them to the recycling place and got a crap load of cash for them.

edit: oh, he already said that.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #16466
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
pretty much the mentality of people in the full size jeep crowd. i'm not even joking, that people post up being super happy and its a HUGE accomplishment when they have a leak free rig.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #16467
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If no one wants these Holley rebuild kits/parts, they're going in the trash on Friday. Come get them!
Unread 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #16468
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Spoken like an A-10 Mechanic!

I had a couple of spots on my bird that were leaky. I kept them as hip pocket write-ups. I'll never forget an Expeditor telling me that we were surging the next day as I loaded my tool box into his truck. Right after he said it, I pulled my box back out. He asked what I was doing and I told him that I was breaking my bird before the pilots could. He told me that 3 other guys on the line did the same thing. You had your choice really, you could "break" the jet so that it couldn't fly and you spent all day fixing it or a pilot would break it and you wound up working 12+ hours trying to fix what he broke.

Or on another occasion, we had a pilot we all called Capt. Overspeed. I asked who was flying my bird on the next go and I was told it was him. I then announced that I had a hydro transfer from the left system to the right system that I needed to trouble shoot and fix knowing good and damn well that the problem was a sticking shuttle valve that would take me about 45 minutes to fix. I had my choice, 45 minutes worth of work and Capt. Overspeed not flying my bird or Capt. Overspeed flying my bird and bringing it back with 8 hours worth of work. I wasn't the only one either, it actually got to the point that Supervision came to us and asked why we weren't letting him fly. If he didn't fly soon, he was going to lose his currency. When it came out that of his last 10 flights 8 were overspeeds the problem was solved.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #16469
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, so going over my Jeep build plan again (and trying not to spend money until I get the lift) I have an option, steel or aluminum control arms. Thoughts, experience, advice? Ready...

GO!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #16470
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Alright, so going over my Jeep build plan again (and trying not to spend money until I get the lift) I have an option, steel or aluminum control arms. Thoughts, experience, advice? Ready...

GO!
Steel you can bend aluminum tends to snap

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.