Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1095 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #16411
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I don't understand the whole tweet thing and I refuse to. I don't want to hear what famous people say occasionally let alone daily.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #16412
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Picked up my mew piece this morning!
SHINY! You're gonna love it, if you don't have bear sized man paws!
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #16413
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody has an unhealthy and irrational hatred of smart phones. Kinda like my unhealthy irrational hatred of strippers(filthy filthy bytches)
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #16414
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I don't understand the whole tweet thing and I refuse to. I don't want to hear what famous people say occasionally let alone daily.
Totally agreed! I have no interest in twitter! No one needs a second by second description of someone else's day! Its sad!
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #16415
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Totally agreed! I have no interest in twitter! No one needs a second by second description of someone else's day! Its sad!
Agreed
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #16416
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just at a PB&J hash hash tag tag.... totally ghey

next up... lets complain that Romney did not pay enough in taxes last year.... even though he paid more that a lot of people will ever pay in taxes let alone make in their lifetime.
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #16417
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

People often don't like things they do not understand and they put them down or bad mouth them! You all were probably the same way with Facebook before you all started a profile! haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #16418
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Nice, i didnt know they made them shiny! Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
^^^^^ marn! LOL
what?

Whenever you wanna lose that little Keltec P32 just lemmie know! I need me a pocket gun.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #16419
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
People often don't like things they do not understand and they put them down or bad mouth them! You all were probably the same way with Facebook before you all started a profile! haha
Nope I still hate it. I have a profile my wife made. I still don't like it.
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #16420
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I only have a facebook account so friends and family can see the kids. That and to post anti-union stuff to piss my uncle off, it really completes me when he is mad.
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #16421
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I only have a facebook account so friends and family can see the kids. That and to post anti-union stuff to piss my uncle off, it really completes me when he is mad.
Glad to hear I'm not the only person that's anti union. My grandfather was the head of a plumbers union here in the 50's I piss him off constantly. Unions aren't what they used to be though.
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #16422
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, we are moving on steps to oust the union at work now. Between dues an hourly contributions, I've paid over 30k into it, but my ANNUAL benefit upon retiring will only be 3400! I'd have done better with a straight savings account, and if I die before retiring, only 10k benefit! Eff the union!
Unread 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #16423
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My bad double post
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #16424
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
That's a shiny shooter ya got there
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #16425
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have never been in a union so I don't have any personal experience. I just know that every unionized plant that was where we lived in Texas was shut down. I heard stories from the Delphi plant that shut down that would make you cringe. Starting pay was $25 an hour with full benefits for no experience. If one person was offered overtime, everyone was. So basically one department would get behind and everyone would come in on a Sat because it was offered to the department that was behind. Then Monday would come around an the people that came in on Sat for time and a half would sit around because they were ahead. If they got ahead too far they would be sent home with 75% pay. There were many other things that I heard were they could manipulate the system to get more hours/money. Heck one of my buddies in nowhere ville PA was making well over $100k annually working at a caterpillar plant. When work got slow he took a paid 6 month lay off at 75% pay. With nothing but high school education he had his almost $200k house fully paid off by the time he was 27.

Not to take away from anybodies paychecks but the whole union thing has gotten out of hand. It is almost like they are terrorist... meet our demands or else!!! I just believe in today's times there is no need for unions. With the internet there is no much that is hidden anymore. It is not like back in the late 1800's when workers would get abused. In the end the extra cost always gets passed on to the customers so it is my opinion that the unions make it better for a few while screwing the company and all of its consumers.

THE END

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.