Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1089 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #16321
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

just go test drive a jcw mini cooper S... about 220hp in a small package. When we had ice storms in Texas I would always be e-brake sliding everywhere.

or you could always just build one of these

Unread 09-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #16322
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Dodge offers the ram runner to compete with the raptor but it's just not seeing the sales. It's on par though with the build it up using options rather then a prebuilt truck that you get what you get. It might not do as well just cause it's dodge or it might be because it's not sitting on the showrooms for people to see completed but rather in the accessory catalog. Personally, if I was going to buy a newer truck and wanted the performance of the raptor. I'd be buying a 4WD ram that was a couple years old used on the lot and have them do the ram runner conversion. That gets you the performance, gets you the new truck, cheaper cause you're using a year or two old platform but still covered under the factory warranty.

Now in reality, we all know I can't afford that crap and is the reason I'm building trucks that will out perform a raptor by hand in my garage. I'm excited for the day I go flying past a raptor with 3 times the hp in my little toyota that's a 4th of the cost! LOL
The reason the Ram Runner doesn't sell as well as the Raptor has nothing to do with being able to see it. It has everything to do with advertising. If you weren't in the industry so to speak, would you know about it? I hadn't heard of it until recently and I have never seen a commercial for one. Meanwhile, you can't turn on a TV without seeing a Ford commercial somewhere with a Raptor doing a 40ft jump.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #16323
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

see I have never heard of the Ram Runner... then again I don't have the time to pay attention to things I don't want or would not buy.
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #16324
sirhk100

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a raptor commercial on TV either though. F150 sure, ram sure... Only raptor commercial I can remember is on youtube. But I know I can drive past ford down the street here and they're on the corner raised paved showcase spot next to the mustang GT. Only place I've ever seen a ramrunner is at sema.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #16325
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I like the motor trend one better and it looks like it was shot up in the spring mtns... maybe they did this during SEMA

Unread 09-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #16326
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The raptor can be seen on billboard ads. I've only seen the ram runner from the write up in 4wp's mini mag they send out.
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #16327
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

true, after watching the whole motor trend one I was waiting for them to point out the grocery bag hooks...
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #16328
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

does anyone buy cars off ebay anymore? Im sick of dealing with CL people
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #16329
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I will say that fwd cars do much better in the snow/ice. Get back with me when you have driven a 300 + WHP fwd car with a diff. That is a hand full and will make you suck up some seat cushion
When I took my Prelude to the track it was always on a 100 shot. It had about 300 hp / 300 ftlbs. The steering wheel jerked left and right...
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #16330
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Shooting question: As mentioned before, I am a HORRIBLE guesstimater of distance, so short of getting out my tape measure and adding up the total # of times I extend it to its full length, is there a relatively inexpensive but accurate way to measure how far away I am from my target?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #16331
sirhk100

I honestly haven't watched either of those videos above. I really don't care what the industry people think. Just look at the parts on the ramrunner vs the raptor and you can see pretty easily which is truly meant for dirt over the one that's just a glorified offroad truck.

And I was bored this afternoon...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #16332
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

about time you finally did some work.
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #16333
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Shooting question: As mentioned before, I am a HORRIBLE guesstimater of distance, so short of getting out my tape measure and adding up the total # of times I extend it to its full length, is there a relatively inexpensive but accurate way to measure how far away I am from my target?
I've got a laser range finder. They can be had for less than $200!
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #16334
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Uhhhh
Walmart on tropical!
image-2039160387.jpg   image-4294464775.jpg   image-4061165021.jpg   image-3457762689.jpg   image-2536915596.jpg  

image-394027659.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #16335
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I'm low tech. I will pace things out just to get an approximate range. I really only shoot my .22 at between 200 and 250yds. It is cheap and that what I usually practice with. Hopefully soon I'll pony up the money for an ok scope on the mini.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.