Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1086 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 09-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #16276
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

People watch TV and think thy will make a profit on something that they put some work into. What they fail to see is that it isn't a very desirable truck, it is ugly as hell, and torn to ****. It is your fault for dumping money into a truck that only die hard j-10 fans would buy. Even then they wouldn't pay that much for it because they aren't retarded. Ive dumped thousands into cars that I knew I wouldn't make anything off of but I wasn't building it for someone else I was building it for me.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #16277
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I fully agree that it is more than 4k in parts and labor. I would go with the fact that there are no full pictures that there is more damage. From the looks of it, it was rolled offroad and that might be the major saving factor for it. It is possible that it is all cosmetic damage, but that would be hard to tell until getting it on a frame machine. It also does not state what model it is. There is a chance that it is a 4 banger too. If i where looking I would probably look for one that is stock and not rolled for a few bucks more. Generally if you start with a basket case, you end up with a basket case.
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #16278
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

My old TJ had a little more damage then that but i didnt have tub damage and i paid 400.

You need to ask how long it stayed running up side down. The motor could be fired along with other things
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #16279
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
People watch TV and think thy will make a profit on something that they put some work into. What they fail to see is that it isn't a very desirable truck, it is ugly as hell, and torn to ****. It is your fault for dumping money into a truck that only die hard j-10 fans would buy. Even then they wouldn't pay that much for it because they aren't retarded. Ive dumped thousands into cars that I knew I wouldn't make anything off of but I wasn't building it for someone else I was building it for me.
They should watch a little more TV. On the last episode of Fast N' Loud they lost something like 11K. Those are people who flip cars for a living. No way in hell I would pay $6500 for that TJ and the dude selling the J-10 needs to step away from the crack-pipe. I am not saying I wouldn't buy either, but the price would need to come down a lot on both.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #16280
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Exactly, Andy! For what I'm wanting it for, raptor's 400 TJ would be perfect! People here think all their ish is made of gold or forged by the gods! In all reality, for a rebuild on that TJ, it's probably worth 2-3k, maybe. Plus ive heard it's interesting getting insurance on a salvage titled vehicle. Maybe liability only wouldn't be a big deal? For parts, it's maybe worth 1k at best, if the interior is in decent shape. At least that's my opinion, and may not be what someone else is willing to pay for it. I'm willing to bet that in a week or so it will be relisted for 5k or less.
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #16281
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
My old TJ had a little more damage then that but i didnt have tub damage and i paid 400.
One of my favorite threads!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...00-tj-1219083/

I actually think I have seen that Jeep out on 95 but I could be mistaken.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #16282
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Exactly, Andy! For what I'm wanting it for, raptor's 400 TJ would be perfect! People here think all their ish is made of gold or forged by the gods! In all reality, for a rebuild on that TJ, it's probably worth 2-3k, maybe. Plus ive heard it's interesting getting insurance on a salvage titled vehicle. Maybe liability only wouldn't be a big deal? For parts, it's maybe worth 1k at best, if the interior is in decent shape. At least that's my opinion, and may not be what someone else is willing to pay for it. I'm willing to bet that in a week or so it will be relisted for 5k or less.
It might still have a clean title but that really doesn't mean much. If he comes down in price a **** ton, I would be tempted to buy it. A Jeep that I could bash offroad and not worry about to get me back and forth to work would be cool to have. I might be tempted to build a suspension instead of a bolt-on one at that point.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #16283
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
One of my favorite threads!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...00-tj-1219083/

I actually think I have seen that Jeep out on 95 but I could be mistaken.
Probably some chic bought it in the NW she works up the 95 past the city
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #16284
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Raptor, was it you or the lady that bought it that went to anniversary mine with us a while back? I have the worst memory?
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #16285
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Raptor, was it you or the lady that bought it that went to anniversary mine with us a while back? I have the worst memory?

Well I guess from your self description earlier... it was when you still owned it. I remember running into you guys at sam's club later on that day.
imag0620.jpg   imag0646.jpg  
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #16286
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
raptor, was it you or the lady that bought it that went to anniversary mine with us a while back? I have the worst memory?
ysb?? :d

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #16287
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Well I guess from your self description earlier... it was when you still owned it. I remember running into you guys at sam's club later on that day.
Yep thats us and the ol jeep
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #16288
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Anyone have any trail rides planned for this weekend. I have not even looked at the temps yet.. but I did finally take the hard top back off a few days ago.
I am leading a Copper Cache/Nelson run Saturday morning, anyone is welcome to join: http://warmachines702.forumer.com/ne...-t1242065.html
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #16289
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

any of you fools have a PS3 and borderlands 2?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #16290
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyone have any trail rides planned for this weekend. I have not even looked at the temps yet.. but I did finally take the hard top back off a few days ago.
I could be talked into something high-elevation and not too crazy. Wheeler's Peak, maybe.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.