Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1071 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #16051
sirhk100

BTW, Marn, I finally remembered to look last night. I've got about 3 feet of 2"x3" rectangular tubing and I should have quite a bit of 2" square male hitch receiver stock there too. So hopefully between that stuff we'll have enough to do whatever we figure out tomorrow. If not at the very least we can get a game plan and materials list so that we can knock it out another day sometime soon! Unfortunately none of the steel shops are open on weekends anymore unless things have changed...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #16052
sirhk100

Less then 2 hours left! Happy bidding!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Unread 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #16053
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Im thinking my goal for the look of the CJ is right along this. What you guys think?

stock, hell yeah!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #16054
sirhk100

Garza, I expect you to pop the hood and see this...

Unread 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #16055
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

stock, hell yeah!
Only thing i'm on the fence about is painting it (more $$) or doing a white Monsterliner on the entire outside. I already have the black for inside the tub, and the chassis saver for the frame.

I want the better of my budget for the saginaw steering conversion, brakes, and drivetrain.
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #16056
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Only thing i'm on the fence about is painting it (more $$) or doing a white Monsterliner on the entire outside. I already have the black for inside the tub, and the chassis saver for the frame.

I want the better of my budget for the saginaw steering conversion, brakes, and drivetrain.
NOOOOOOOO bed liner. please, dont ruin it.

My 2 cents....its pretty easy to do a 'decent' paint job by yourself, even with rattle cans.

The other option, which is something I've always wanted to try, is rolling the paint. you could get a white enamel EASY and roll it on, just takes time, but i've seen amazing results. cost is like 75 bucks.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #16057
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Garza, I expect you to pop the hood and see this...
Haha not a chance. My '05 would have that long before this thing. I'm looking for a carbed 4.3 V6, but no luck at all! I'm trying to stay away from FI for simplicity, but it may actually end up cheaper to find a TBI. I'm going to go with a new poly (under the seat) tank and using a mechanical fuel pump would be soooo much easier to plumb in.

I've tried sourcing the original Buick 225, but people want $600+ for one with unknown condition or needing a rebuild anyway. Smoke that!
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #16058
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

build it simple. or just get an old 258 or whatever they are.

Quote:

Unread 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #16059
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Jared, my iPhone 4 just went nuts! Vibrated soli for Luke a minute and then nothing. Wouldn't respond to any buttons or even plugging in to a charger. I pressed and held the power/lock and home buttons for about 30 seconds and it's back on and running again. It was on the charger all night, so it has a full charge. Any ideas?
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #16060
sirhk100

258 with a TBI setup works great! Reliable, simple, runs smooth, etc... We did the mopar MPI kit on our old CJ7 when that conversion first was released and it made the 258 an amazing motor! Then a few years later when someone came out with the first TBI conversion setup a friend of mind did it on his CJ7 and it ran just as good, just as smooth and was much cheaper. He didn't get the power increase we saw but then again neither of us were looking for that. We just didn't want that POS carb that comes with the 258 and we still needed to be cali. smog legal which both those kits were.

Unread 09-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #16061
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hey Jared, my iPhone 4

smart phone junk!

Unread 09-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #16062
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

258 is too long, plus I want to sport the sweet V6 badges that are OE with the Jeep. Remember I want an auto, so my options are limited as it is. With a TF999 or a TH350 im looking at a 10"-14" rear driveshaft! Weeeeee!

I'm opposite of most Jeep guys think. To ME manual transmissions belong in sports cars which is why my Mustang and old Porsche have them. I can drive a manual just fine, but when offroad, I just feel too disconnected.

I want no part of trying to hook this crap back up. ......at least not yet. If I get stuck going with an original T18 or something then I may have to.

The more I look at all this, I just need a roller CJ-7 to make a baby with this one lol
image-2335132391.jpg  
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #16063
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/3258578862.html

old dauntless in phoenix....

Quote:

Unread 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #16064
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Yea saw that. Maybe I'm crazy but if an old engine doesn't run it shouldn't be worth more than a couple hundred bucks at best.
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #16065
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

but its super rare man! Thats worth hundreds right there!

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.