Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1063 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #15931
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
The entire thing went down on my commute to work. Back then I was driving 100 miles one way door to door from north east san diego county to Irvine basically. It was a 2.5 hour commute. Listened to the whole thing on the radio...

By the way, Marn, no worries if you can't bring that picker over, I'm sure we can call up a friend!

And before we do your trailer I figured I should show you some other recent projects I've done.

Pretty sweet lift kit I knocked out one night.

Some highway testing you know...

Practicing with my buzz box!

I'm pretty good with body work so no worries if we mess up a bit...

I'm pretty thorough too... I check to make sure everything clears and nothing will interfere!

Heck, just 2 nights ago I hooked up a friend with a spare tire mount in a pinch.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it. My degree is in Industrial Technology but I minored in suspension design with an emphasis on spindle geometry.

So, hopefully that'll show you that you can expect some quality work done on your trailer! If you need any more references, I can continue. I've got a pretty substantial amount of pictures from previous work done. I figured it's always nice to have reference of my high end work for any future gigs so that they can be comfortable and know they can expect nothing but the best.
Seems legit

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #15932
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What's the definition of quick? After doing my 3 speed auto to 6 speed manual swap on mine I think I could do it in a couple evenings now if all the parts are on hand.
That is not a quick change.

A quick change would be no more than an hour or two by one person, prefer it be done with no tools or minor hand tools. I am going to need the project to be completed... well, right now. You better get to work!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #15933
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Oh just wait until the Jeeps back, I'll show you how us auto guys REALLY rockcrawl. Hehehe

Save that filter for me to check out. I plan on putting a pumper set up in the Jeep possibly or in the RZR for UTV class BITD next year
Air filter for the motor, not a pumper for the helmet... Just making sure you know what I'm talking about...

http://www.kartek.com/Product/AirFilters/UMP.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #15934
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris! You have a PM, from me, about stuff.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #15935
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Air filter for the motor, not a pumper for the helmet... Just making sure you know what I'm talking about...

http://www.kartek.com/Product/AirFilters/UMP.html
Stupid JF mobile app!!! yea I can't see pics on it right now so I assumed what it was. Carry on lol.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #15936
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I do live right up the road from the one on Durango and 215 north
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
It is right around the corner for me as well.
Wow.. you guys really do hit the sauce pretty good, I thought the location was already discussed a while back because we all live close to there.

BTW - I am not a snob, just because Andy, Greg and I all live in the same area of town, doesn't mean anyone else that wants to join isn't welcome (at least by me). The more the merrier!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #15937
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
But everyone that I've been jeeping with that has an auto roasts their brakes on downhills!!
Apparently those folks are not familiar with the concept of proper gearing and downshifting.

This is my first rig that is an auto and I have to admit, it is so much easier to just point and shoot. Having learned to wheel/crawl with a standard transmission was a HUGE benefit though 'cause I am comfortable with either one. I like the auto though because the wife & family feel more comfortable driving it offroad too.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #15938
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

BTW - I am not a snob, just because Andy, Greg and I all live in the same area of town, doesn't mean anyone else that wants to join isn't welcome (at least by me). The more the merrier!
Snob!
Unread 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #15939
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Powr has a reading comprehension problem.

I am not a snob either! Come by, have a beer!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #15940
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Powr has a reading comprehension problem.

I am not a snob either! Come by, have a beer!
Nope, I can read between the lines....beers on a Friday night....in the farthest northwest corner of town? A night that I'm working, and as far away from the rest of us as possible? Yup...snobs! Lol
Unread 09-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #15941
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

so everyone lives by you?
Unread 09-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #15942
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
so everyone lives by you?
Everyone that isn't a snob lives south of charleston, with the rest of the cool kids! Snob! Lol
Unread 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #15943
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I live in the ghetto!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #15944
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
But everyone that I've been jeeping with that has an auto roasts their brakes on downhills!!
there was only one sitchiation where i did this, and that was on wheeler pass because ididnt want to get out and put it in 4wd.

otherwise, as boneyz mentioned, 4 lo plus 1st gear = engine braking.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #15945
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, I can read between the lines....beers on a Friday night....in the farthest northwest corner of town? A night that I'm working, and as far away from the rest of us as possible? Yup...snobs! Lol
No, we didn't invite you because we knew that you would say you were going and then back out at the last minute!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.