Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1059 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #15871
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah I got rid of mine because it just sat there taking up space. Generally you can just used one of the 20% off coupons to harbor freight and get one cheap whenever.

Unread 09-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #15872
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Heck, borrowing it from Marn works good cause it would be like trading out for the work I'm going to be doing on his trailer anyways then! LOL

I'll still provide beer and pizza.....but the cherry picker will replace the loose women.

Also, yeah, they are a PITA to have in the garage. I should have gotten the folding one, but i just remove 3 bolts on mine and it gets smaller than the folding one....so....yeah.

the only reason I have it is because i am still going to eventually put another engine in my truck. not sure when. I got the thing for like 120 on CL including a load leveler.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #15873
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've had mine since I was 16. That's what happens when your first car is bought for $200. It folds and it is still a PITA to keep in the garage. Mine spends its time in a shed at my parents.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #15874
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good thing I have plenty of room in the shop. Now what's going to suck is having that CJ5 and my Mustang fighting over who gets to use it first

I'm supposed to go pick it up (CJ) in a few hours. I'll keep you guys posted lol
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #15875
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I told my wife when we started looking for a house it either had to have a big garage or room to build a shop. I think that is why we are having such a hard time finding the perfect place. Hopefully our being picky will pay off.
In other news I should find out in the next few weeks if our rental house is sold. I can't wait to not have that monkey on my back.
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #15876
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Good thing I have plenty of room in the shop. Now what's going to suck is having that CJ5 and my Mustang fighting over who gets to use it first

I'm supposed to go pick it up (CJ) in a few hours. I'll keep you guys posted lol
you need to stop having so many cool things.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #15877
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I told my wife when we started looking for a house it either had to have a big garage or room to build a shop.
The place my parents bought in minnesota is 800 sq'. The shop on the property is close to 1500 sq'. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
you need to stop having so many cool things.
Seriously man, so un-American! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #15878
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

May I suggest a moment of silence sometime today to reflect on the events and the lives lost this day and the days since!
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #15879
sirhk100

Already had the watering eyes in effect the last couple nights in a row watching all the random documentaries on it.

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #15880
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Already had the watering eyes in effect the last couple nights in a row watching all the random documentaries on it.
Whelp I'm glad I'm not the only one that is effected so deeply by this day! I've been noticeably more depressed yesterday and today. Such a great tragedy! I can remember it like it was yesterday!
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #15881
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yep, it was my first full day at PSAB, Saudi Arabia. I had just dropped dayshift off at the dorms and I was driving the bus back when all of the reports came in on AFN. By the time that I got back to the flight line, they already had it on CNN. We watched in disbelief as the rest unfolded.

Just glad that they were able to take down that one in PA...
Unread 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #15882
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I was a freshman in HS. It was on the radio that a plane had crashed into the WTC. When I got to my first class we were watching the news when the second plane hit as we were watching. I remember they had an announcement on the PA telling teachers to turn off the news and to conduct class as usual. I remember coach Spencer saying F that **** keep it on. A few weeks later we had a evacuation drill where they wanted all of the students to gather at the football field. I guess to make us easier targets all gather together with no where to hide.
Unread 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #15883
sirhk100

The entire thing went down on my commute to work. Back then I was driving 100 miles one way door to door from north east san diego county to Irvine basically. It was a 2.5 hour commute. Listened to the whole thing on the radio...

By the way, Marn, no worries if you can't bring that picker over, I'm sure we can call up a friend!

And before we do your trailer I figured I should show you some other recent projects I've done.

Pretty sweet lift kit I knocked out one night.

Some highway testing you know...

Practicing with my buzz box!

I'm pretty good with body work so no worries if we mess up a bit...

I'm pretty thorough too... I check to make sure everything clears and nothing will interfere!

Heck, just 2 nights ago I hooked up a friend with a spare tire mount in a pinch.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it. My degree is in Industrial Technology but I minored in suspension design with an emphasis on spindle geometry.

So, hopefully that'll show you that you can expect some quality work done on your trailer! If you need any more references, I can continue. I've got a pretty substantial amount of pictures from previous work done. I figured it's always nice to have reference of my high end work for any future gigs so that they can be comfortable and know they can expect nothing but the best.

Unread 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #15884
sirhk100

By the way, I was doing some research on coming up with ways to maybe lift your trailer and get the tire clearance you're after. Let me know if any of this sparks some design thoughts cause I'm really liking what I see here for a benchmark!

Unread 09-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #15885
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

the rain has finally arrived, lets see how many accidents I see when I get off of work.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.