Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1058 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #15856
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good to see that someone grabbed it. So what does all of that free time feel like. I have not had it since my wife popped out these kids, maybe in a few years once they get older I will see what free time is like again.

Unread 09-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #15857
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Good to see that someone grabbed it. So what does all of that free time feel like. I have not had it since my wife popped out these kids, maybe in a few years once they get older I will see what free time is like again.
Can you get some time away Friday evening? Let's go grab a beer or two. Get Bonez (at least I think it was him who lived up here) in on it too.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #15858
sirhk100

Hey Garza, man up and put coilovers on that CJ!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #15859
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Can you get some time away Friday evening? Let's go grab a beer or two. Get Bonez (at least I think it was him who lived up here) in on it too.
I might be able to, the only thing is I do not drive if I have even had one... get a dui and you learn your lesson. But this blue moon does taste pretty good tonight... debating on getting another.
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #15860
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I might be able to, the only thing is I do not drive if I have even had one... get a dui and you learn your lesson. But this blue moon does taste pretty good tonight... debating on getting another.
I can understand that. I have my own rule. I will have one and still drive. Any more than that and I am walking. Do you have anything within walking distance?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #15861
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Morning everybody

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #15862
sirhk100

Well, if things go well, I'll have a brake pedal back in the truck tonight or tomorrow night. Started working on mounts for it last night and have an idea/direction to get it setup. Just hoping it all works and then will start working on getting it all plumbed up. If I can knock that out tonight/thursday night then button up the steering column and start fitting the dash and I might be on schedule for pulling the engine out tomorrow.

Outta curiosity... Anyone have a cherry picker I can borrow for about 2 weeks or so? I'll come pick it up and drop it back off... Just need to yank the motor. Do a bunch of plate work, finish a bunch of welding, fill in a bunch of holes on the firewall, fab up skidplates, and fab up the last two remaining engine cage support tubes. Paint the whole front engine bay and then drop it back in a place. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to realistically knock that out...

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #15863
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Well, if things go well, I'll have a brake pedal back in the truck tonight or tomorrow night. Started working on mounts for it last night and have an idea/direction to get it setup. Just hoping it all works and then will start working on getting it all plumbed up. If I can knock that out tonight/thursday night then button up the steering column and start fitting the dash and I might be on schedule for pulling the engine out tomorrow.

Outta curiosity... Anyone have a cherry picker I can borrow for about 2 weeks or so? I'll come pick it up and drop it back off... Just need to yank the motor. Do a bunch of plate work, finish a bunch of welding, fill in a bunch of holes on the firewall, fab up skidplates, and fab up the last two remaining engine cage support tubes. Paint the whole front engine bay and then drop it back in a place. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to realistically knock that out...
I can drop off my cherry picker today if you like?
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #15864
sirhk100

Done deal and that was easy!!! This engine is doomed to come out pretty soon now for sure! LOL

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #15865
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I can drop mine off as well.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #15866
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If those 2 slack on you I have one as well.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #15867
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

cherry pickers for everyone!

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #15868
sirhk100

Jeeze, how is it that the guy doing the ground up build doesn't own one yet it seems like every other person on the block has one! Hey Garza, Marn's house is about 5 minutes away. If he's cool with loaning it out I may go with his offer just to save either of us the drive across town...

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #15869
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Jeeze, how is it that the guy doing the ground up build doesn't own one yet it seems like every other person on the block has one!
Why buy one when you can borrow one from a friend?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #15870
sirhk100

Well, actually my thoughts always were why buy one and have it taking up the floor space which you've seen is pretty valuable around my place when worst case I can rent one fairly cheap. I hope it's not something I need often enough to own one! LOL But I always try to borrow first... Heck, borrowing it from Marn works good cause it would be like trading out for the work I'm going to be doing on his trailer anyways then! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.