Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1057 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #15841
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Garza, I hate you! Also, saw that link to the coil setup, looks rad but seriously, at this point why are you not just manning up and going coilover???

Yeah, that'll do it on that first picture and well... Gotta ask, what's you're little welder cause I promise the one in my shed which is the entry level lincoln 100 from home depot about 20 years ago that runs on 110V could've stuck that shock on there forever. From the picture right here above it doesn't look like you cleaned it up much before welding though? If that's the case that was probably you're problem. Also, are your shocks also your bumpstops?

Checking your PM next, for some reason I haven't been able to get on JF at all today basically.

No, i ground it down clean and welded it. and yeah, it was a lil 110 lincoln, but i dont know how to weld. Well, i know how to make the machine work, but not with any skill.

And yes, my shocks are my bump stops, however there was never a problem with it on the jeep before (in all 35 years, obviously) that jump. i keep breaking it on bumpy roads, not even flexing.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #15842
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
It starts for me with cost and patience, one I got covered the other I have none of.
I have just the opposite, all kinds of patience but that is due to a lack of money. If I had money well, I would wind up with neither. LOL

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #15843
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I have just the opposite, all kinds of patience but that is due to a lack of money. If I had money well, I would wind up with neither. LOL
Hahaha true true!

Please don't misunderstand me though. I meant it more like I don't like wasting $$ on parts I don't need or that don't work. I HATE having to redo things and i'm all for spending the $$ to do things right the 1st time......BUT unfortunetly that comes only with knowledge and experience which has cost ALOT over the years lol.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #15844
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Garzy,

here's the CJ

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3211143994.html

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #15845
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Somebody else please pick it up! He says scrap if he doesn't sell it! Maybe Adam could use it for parts?
Nope too old and besides 99% of my CJ is new. Lol
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #15846
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Im headed to get my trailer! Lol can't let that poor CJ go lol
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #15847
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Need any help with it let me know
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #15848
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
You're a hero!

Quote:

Unread 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #15849
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Serious?!? Awesome!! I like to come look at it sometime if possible.
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #15850
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Serious?!? Awesome!! I like to come look at it sometime if possible.
Yep, I have no room for it, but I'll make room. I've been looking for an FJ40 for a long time, but this thing caught my attention and I think it could be really cool as a little resto/driver project.
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #15851
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good job man. Garza is the coolest person on the thread.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #15852
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yep, I have no room for it, but I'll make room. I've been looking for an FJ40 for a long time, but this thing caught my attention and I think it could be really cool as a little resto/driver project.
Sweet!! I'm glad someone got it!! I just couldn't take it knowing the money/time involved, and you will actually end up doing something with it. KUDOS!!
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #15853
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Not only are you A hero but you are MY hero

Quote:

Unread 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #15854
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And that right there is why I would be broke. LOL.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #15855
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

And that right there is why I would be broke. LOL.
But this should be a good test of my patience haha!!

I'll keep you guys posted. Looks like I wont have possession of it until tomorrow if all goes well.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.