Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1056 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #15826
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Must...resist...urge...to buy....can't fight...much...longer...

Unread 09-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #15827
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

dude, $750, what do you have to loose? (other than $750)

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #15828
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Do it do it do it. Hell I'll haul it for you. I bet they will take $500 for it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #15829
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Somebody PLEASE talk me out of that white CJ with the hard top and "extensive rust!" they lowered the price to 750!!!! I want it but it's totally irrational. I have my TJ that needs work and money! I don't need a total restoration, but it's cool and cheap and...talk me out of it!
You must purchase it. It is the only way.

DO IT!!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #15830
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Hahahaha!
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #15831
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You are all the devil!!! Lol
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #15832
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

you guys are being mean. That CJ just said that it will never happen because pwr will back out. haha
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #15833
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Like sturgio said, timing isn't right! That 750 would cover driveshafts for my TJ, or shocks after lift or part of tires or most of my belly pan or most of a rubi transfer case! All of which will be more enjoyable in the nearer future. Andy's right, wuss ing out! Can't justify the expense when mines not done yet. It's a shame though, it is a great foundation for something awesome! Hell I've got a 73 challenger I'll probably NEVER get to.
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #15834
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody else please pick it up! He says scrap if he doesn't sell it! Maybe Adam could use it for parts?
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #15835
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nope. its doomed. forever gone.

I should get it and swap my waggy drivetrain over

Hell, I've got a spare 360 sitting on an engine stand in my garage!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #15836
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the hard top alone is worth it

oh well, i shouldnt have dropped the cash on the camper.

Quote:

Unread 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #15837
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Steering stuff is cool .............and where is this CJ I see you guys blabbering about?

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #15838
sirhk100

Garza, I hate you! Also, saw that link to the coil setup, looks rad but seriously, at this point why are you not just manning up and going coilover???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

i welded it back on with my little bitty welder. Literally the next trail we were on a few weeks later i heard it pop loose.

Yeah, that'll do it on that first picture and well... Gotta ask, what's you're little welder cause I promise the one in my shed which is the entry level lincoln 100 from home depot about 20 years ago that runs on 110V could've stuck that shock on there forever. From the picture right here above it doesn't look like you cleaned it up much before welding though? If that's the case that was probably you're problem. Also, are your shocks also your bumpstops?

Checking your PM next, for some reason I haven't been able to get on JF at all today basically.

Power, some reading for you from a friend's webpage...

http://agentlemansword.com/?p=815

http://agentlemansword.com/?p=871

http://agentlemansword.com/?p=907

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #15839
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Garza, I hate you! Also, saw that link to the coil setup, looks rad but seriously, at this point why are you not just manning up and going coilover???
I'll try and give you the short version lol. 2 of my past rigs had coilovers. One only had them in the front, and the other all 4 corners. It starts for me with cost and patience, one I got covered the other I have none of. Coilovers IMO unless the owner/driver completely understands the process of proper tuning and actually goes and tunes them....they are a waste. This is true of myself with the old rigs. I thought, well they look cool, and I "think" I understand why I need them......couldn't be far enough from it. Many Jeepers accept them due to them being a great fit for tight real-estate in the suspension. While I agree packaging is awesome with them, anyone who only owns the sets of coils they have on the shocks at the time has no clue!!!!! Proper spring rates are key and I'd say 99% of Jeepers who have them fit in that category. I basically guessed what spring rates I needed on the old rigs based on web searches and phone advice. I accepted what I had and thought it was right.

Fast forward 5+ years

With my Jeep now, we went with a race proven design/combo for what my expectations were/are for the rig. While it may not look as cool as coilovers, I'm willing to bet the performance I get out of my set up will blow most away. Now I can work with the shock tuner and I'm sure my learning curve can only grow from here. Also the underlying point of my build was to keep it as sleeper/stock looking and still hang with the big dawgs.

We'll see.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #15840
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Powr, did you get the text I sent you this morning?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.