Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1047 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #15691
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I love tosh.o

Unread 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #15692
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
So, I have been having some discomfort from my left knee for a couple of days. No pain, just a little discomfort. I figured it was strained a little and decided to skip out on running for a couple days. Until this morning. I woke up and before I even got out of bed, I could tell something was wrong. My knee hurt. Not real bad but more so when I tried to move it. As I got up and ready for the day, I noticed that it not only hurt but was swollen as well. So, I went to the doc this morning. Doc told me that he is pretty sure that I tore the cartilage in my knee. I have to get an MRI to be sure but he doesn't think it could be anything else. Wonderful
I had knee surgury about 3 years ago. Tore my meniscus about half way. I have pictures of the torn cartilage, it looks like a dog chewed on it. While the surgeon was in there he said my ACL was torn about 50%.

The surgury is pretty straight forward with a quick recovery. Good luck
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #15693
sirhk100

These actually are really cool and WAY cheaper then $350! LOL But the space limitation issue is still there with these. I'd thought about trimming them to make them like 3/4 around the bolt and see if it would work.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BOLTLK.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #15694
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
These actually are really cool and WAY cheaper then $350! LOL But the space limitation issue is still there with these. I'd thought about trimming them to make them like 3/4 around the bolt and see if it would work.

are you able to press or get the hub off so you could drill the 1/8 inch holes for the other screws?
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #15695
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Won't work unfortunately. Without it going around the entire bolt head, the twisting action of a bolt will just cause it to deform and fail. I am going to suggest just sticking with safety wire at this point. I'll come by this weekend and teach you. Just don't get mad when I randomly reach down and cut what you were working on. LOL

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #15696
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
So, I have been having some discomfort from my left knee for a couple of days. No pain, just a little discomfort. I figured it was strained a little and decided to skip out on running for a couple days. Until this morning. I woke up and before I even got out of bed, I could tell something was wrong. My knee hurt. Not real bad but more so when I tried to move it. As I got up and ready for the day, I noticed that it not only hurt but was swollen as well. So, I went to the doc this morning. Doc told me that he is pretty sure that I tore the cartilage in my knee. I have to get an MRI to be sure but he doesn't think it could be anything else. Wonderful
Dr patti on east flamingo is the only surgeon in town that I would trust for surgeries like thy. He did my shoulder an me physical therapist was so impressed, they pulled all of the others around to look at it! He's awesome!
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #15697
sirhk100

Yeah, if I were to use those I'd press it all back apart and set it up but like said above, I was a bit concerned about it just deforming and moving out of the way and basically not working... The safety wire just seems like my best bet. I'll have all the holes drilled tonight and be ready to go for whenever you're thinking. If you don't have my number still let me know and I'll shoot you a PM with it. But just shoot me a text when you have an idea when you can cruise by and I'll make sure I'm around. I should be anyways but...

Unread 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #15698
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Does that work the opposite way?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #15699
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Dr patti on east flamingo is the only surgeon in town that I would trust for surgeries like thy. He did my shoulder an me physical therapist was so impressed, they pulled all of the others around to look at it! He's awesome!
If I had a choice in the matter. I am going to get some Mil doc who is going to let some dude still in training do the surgery.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #15700
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

If I had a choice in the matter. I am going to get some Mil doc who is going to let some dude still in training do the surgery.
Bummer! What about PT afterwards? MML is great, and they actually care!
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #15701
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, if I were to use those I'd press it all back apart and set it up but like said above, I was a bit concerned about it just deforming and moving out of the way and basically not working... The safety wire just seems like my best bet. I'll have all the holes drilled tonight and be ready to go for whenever you're thinking. If you don't have my number still let me know and I'll shoot you a PM with it. But just shoot me a text when you have an idea when you can cruise by and I'll make sure I'm around. I should be anyways but...
I have your number and I'll let you know!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #15702
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hi everybody

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #15703
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Bummer! What about PT afterwards? MML is great, and they actually care!
That is almost always done through the AF Health and Wellness Center. At least they care.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #15704
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
hi everybody
I was starting to think you were dead or YSB finally found you. Welcome back.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #15705
sirhk100

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.