1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15691 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
I love tosh.o






Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #15692 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
So, I have been having some discomfort from my left knee for a couple of days. No pain, just a little discomfort. I figured it was strained a little and decided to skip out on running for a couple days. Until this morning. I woke up and before I even got out of bed, I could tell something was wrong. My knee hurt. Not real bad but more so when I tried to move it. As I got up and ready for the day, I noticed that it not only hurt but was swollen as well. So, I went to the doc this morning. Doc told me that he is pretty sure that I tore the cartilage in my knee. I have to get an MRI to be sure but he doesn't think it could be anything else. Wonderful
I had knee surgury about 3 years ago. Tore my meniscus about half way. I have pictures of the torn cartilage, it looks like a dog chewed on it. While the surgeon was in there he said my ACL was torn about 50%.

The surgury is pretty straight forward with a quick recovery. Good luck

'99 XJ Sport
It has a lift
It has 31's
It also other stuff
PhotoJared is offline  
post #15693 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
These actually are really cool and WAY cheaper then $350! LOL But the space limitation issue is still there with these. I'd thought about trimming them to make them like 3/4 around the bolt and see if it would work.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BOLTLK.html

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #15694 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
These actually are really cool and WAY cheaper then $350! LOL But the space limitation issue is still there with these. I'd thought about trimming them to make them like 3/4 around the bolt and see if it would work.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BOLTLK.html
are you able to press or get the hub off so you could drill the 1/8 inch holes for the other screws?

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #15695 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
These actually are really cool and WAY cheaper then $350! LOL But the space limitation issue is still there with these. I'd thought about trimming them to make them like 3/4 around the bolt and see if it would work.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BOLTLK.html
Won't work unfortunately. Without it going around the entire bolt head, the twisting action of a bolt will just cause it to deform and fail. I am going to suggest just sticking with safety wire at this point. I'll come by this weekend and teach you. Just don't get mad when I randomly reach down and cut what you were working on. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #15696 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
So, I have been having some discomfort from my left knee for a couple of days. No pain, just a little discomfort. I figured it was strained a little and decided to skip out on running for a couple days. Until this morning. I woke up and before I even got out of bed, I could tell something was wrong. My knee hurt. Not real bad but more so when I tried to move it. As I got up and ready for the day, I noticed that it not only hurt but was swollen as well. So, I went to the doc this morning. Doc told me that he is pretty sure that I tore the cartilage in my knee. I have to get an MRI to be sure but he doesn't think it could be anything else. Wonderful
Dr patti on east flamingo is the only surgeon in town that I would trust for surgeries like thy. He did my shoulder an me physical therapist was so impressed, they pulled all of the others around to look at it! He's awesome!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #15697 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Yeah, if I were to use those I'd press it all back apart and set it up but like said above, I was a bit concerned about it just deforming and moving out of the way and basically not working... The safety wire just seems like my best bet. I'll have all the holes drilled tonight and be ready to go for whenever you're thinking. If you don't have my number still let me know and I'll shoot you a PM with it. But just shoot me a text when you have an idea when you can cruise by and I'll make sure I'm around. I should be anyways but...

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #15698 of Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Does that work the opposite way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #15699 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Dr patti on east flamingo is the only surgeon in town that I would trust for surgeries like thy. He did my shoulder an me physical therapist was so impressed, they pulled all of the others around to look at it! He's awesome!
If I had a choice in the matter. I am going to get some Mil doc who is going to let some dude still in training do the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #15700 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

If I had a choice in the matter. I am going to get some Mil doc who is going to let some dude still in training do the surgery.
Bummer! What about PT afterwards? MML is great, and they actually care!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #15701 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Yeah, if I were to use those I'd press it all back apart and set it up but like said above, I was a bit concerned about it just deforming and moving out of the way and basically not working... The safety wire just seems like my best bet. I'll have all the holes drilled tonight and be ready to go for whenever you're thinking. If you don't have my number still let me know and I'll shoot you a PM with it. But just shoot me a text when you have an idea when you can cruise by and I'll make sure I'm around. I should be anyways but...
I have your number and I'll let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #15702 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,157
hi everybody

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline  
post #15703 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Bummer! What about PT afterwards? MML is great, and they actually care!
That is almost always done through the AF Health and Wellness Center. At least they care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #15704 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
hi everybody
I was starting to think you were dead or YSB finally found you. Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #15705 of Old 09-07-2012, 01:11 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Dr. Marneaus Nevada Jeep Forum 1352 Yesterday 04:50 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome