Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1040 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #15586
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

however, it seems as though something like that could break or bust off of the part of the frame it was mounted to? I guess thats where the reinforcement would come in.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #15587
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Done. Took all damn day.
Not desert camo, but looks great nonetheless!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #15588
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Like I said, this weekend was a tease. False advertising at it's best! I somehow got lucky and picked the nicest non mosquito weather possible for the area. Oh, another thing I noticed... Inbred hillbilly looking people there seem to be able to land some smoking hot chicks!!! Seems like the less you care about your physical appearance the harder the chick will work her butt off to look smoking hot for you!
I call BS if there aren't pics to prove it.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #15589
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Trailer worked awesome this weekend in St. George! My wife and pups we're pleased with having a refuge. I will now be adding exterior lighting, speakers for tunes, some solar panels, and some other goodies!
image-322627645.jpg   image-2225664343.jpg   image-3586418075.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #15590
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Trailer worked awesome this weekend in St. George! My wife and pups we're pleased with having a refuge. I will now be adding exterior lighting, speakers for tunes, some solar panels, and some other goodies!
you're running that axle-less suspension right? How did you like everything about it?

As seen above, i'm stuck on how to proceed with lift.

i figure with the axleless setup i could literally just put stock between the arm and the frame, same idea as lowering the torsion axle, but there would be no axle between it (unless i added a bar to support it)

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #15591
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

you're running that axle-less suspension right? How did you like everything about it?

As seen above, i'm stuck on how to proceed with lift.

i figure with the axleless setup i could literally just put stock between the arm and the frame, same idea as lowering the torsion axle, but there would be no axle between it (unless i added a bar to support it)
Yep, Timbren 3500lb w/brakes. I do have a brace welded between mine. I love it! None of the bouncy crap most 2 wheel trailers have and zero sway. I also use a 50deg. offroad coupler instead of a regular ball hitch. Makes it a lot harder to steal and let's the trailer move more independent of the tow vehicle.

I'm totally not into pulling a trailer down a trail I'm trying to wheel which is why I stuck with the stock Jeep wheel/tire combo and going fully enclosed over the pop-up style.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #15592
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Done. Took all damn day.
Looks good!
Spaceball is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #15593
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
BTW, extra points to anyone that can point out the really stupid "oops" in this picture!!! LOL And no, it's not my technical engineering drawings on the floor in sharpie!
rh rear corner to center top pipe not to the corner, just in front of it?
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #15594
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Marn, this one is on mojave right in front of the come plant!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3237632710.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
and yeah, i saw that when it was posted before. looks like it could be a good project.
Even better, the wag needs a younger sibling
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3248188411.html
Comes with new rear quater panels still in the box? Really?
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #15595
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Yep, Timbren 3500lb w/brakes. I do have a brace welded between mine. I love it! None of the bouncy crap most 2 wheel trailers have and zero sway. I also use a 50deg. offroad coupler instead of a regular ball hitch. Makes it a lot harder to steal and let's the trailer move more independent of the tow vehicle.

I'm totally not into pulling a trailer down a trail I'm trying to wheel which is why I stuck with the stock Jeep wheel/tire combo and going fully enclosed over the pop-up style.
the 2000 pounders may be the way to go for me....but i still need a lil lift. maybe just spacing them a little further away from the frame and adding normal tires will work.

I'm not worried about brakes and not worried much about trail ability, more just about getting it level so my departure and approach angles arent horrible without going to a drop hitch.

Quote:

Unread 09-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #15596
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. Marneaus View Post
not worried much about trail ability
blasphemy!
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #15597
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^-----that there's H3 forum talk!!! Lol
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #15598
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone planning a trail or shoot this weekend?
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #15599
sirhk100

Marn, I say don't trip over it too much. Next time it's conveinent to bring the trailer to your house let me know and I'll swing by to check it out in person. None of the ideas you've floated really sound all that hard to be honest. I think me seeing it in person to really see what we're working with along with your ideas will give us something to figure out. I'm 99% sure I'm following you on all of them but sometimes just seeing it helps pop up something even easier or more affective. I'm sure we can knock something out over the next couple weekends one morning or whatever depending on your schedule. I'm going to pass on the highlift experiment though! I already dislike those things a ton and really don't want my obituary to involve one! LOL I've got a few jack stands and there's a good chance the truck will be back on all 4 tires this weekend so I'll even have my 2 big ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
rh rear corner to center top pipe not to the corner, just in front of it?
LOL no it's even more simple then that... It involves about an inch of clearance between the tubes on the back wall and the back wall itself. And then notice a specific cord and how it ended up routed... The end not attached to the light is attached to one of those spring loaded wind up reel things mounted to the roof in my garage! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #15600
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
K, so heres what i just figured out. appareltly all these axle kits I see have a set width for the spring mounts.

The axle kits are all 46" spring center with 57" to the hub face.

The frame wings that come down (where there would be material to mount the spring hangars) are 51" which is too wide obviously.

Could we nod do something like this?

Black is the existing frame.

blue would need to be added....to create the mounting points for the spring hangars, and green would be the springs/axles.

the springs are 25" eye to eye, though...hmm....

i dunno, you got me excited with those pictures above.

i think i just ought to stick with giving it the cheapest boost possible right now, without having to modify the dang frame.
What is your width hub face to hub face now? It might be easier and quicker to to chop off the spring mounts and weld them back on so they line up with the frame. That would also give you the option of going with different, longer springs later if you so chose. As your design sits, anything changed would have to be removed to make changes later. On the other hand, if you are planning on changing to different wheels, your idea holds more merit as moving the spring perches out could cause problems with back spacing. I am also not sure how moving the spring perches would make the trailer ride over rougher terrain. I could see how it would make the trailer more stable but at the same time, I could see how it would make it bounce more. Why do I suddenly envision this going full tube frame, coilovers, and an exo-cage?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.