Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#2,061 ·
There is some great stuff around Searchlight, and it seems like there's a lot more active mining there than there is in Goodsprings.
We met security from an active mining area around Sandy Valley. He was super cool. That active claim wasn't clearly marked, so he wasn't at all mad about us being there. We talked for a while about which mines are active and he helped us plot out areas to avoid in the area.

He did mention about there being an increase of Border Patrol in the area. I guess we weren't the only ones who noticed the suspicious activity a few weeks ago.

#2,062 ·
..There is a small detour on the left if you are heading south that leads up a hill to that face in the rock. I bet Las Vegas looks amazing at night from that hill top vantage...
It's gorgeous there at night. Not the best picture, but not bad from a distance at night.

My wife found a couple silver nuggets in that area. It was just laying there out in the open.

Attachments

#2,066 ·
Can anyone identify this? This was in the lower workings of that mine. It's old, but I'm not sure how old. The bottle to the left is next to it, but completely separate. It appears to be part of the rocks now, but the texture isn't like other fossils I've seen in caves. It might have been buried in the fine sand and the shaft flooded. After it dried, it may just appear to be part of the rocks.

Attachments

#2,068 ·
Happy thanksgiving everybody! Have a safe holiday!

I've been charged with the task of acquiring cool whip and raisins while the girl is off at work for the morning...better take the beast to battle the masses.

#2,073 ·
Reminder-Saturday trail meeting at Starbucks on desert inn and eastern at 800am. For anniversary mine, Lovell wash, and bowl of fire time permitting.

#2,078 ·
Ysb out on a Saturday?? Bring the smart car, I'll strap it to the roof. You will have a better view than anyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.