Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1038 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #15556
sirhk100

Like I said, this weekend was a tease. False advertising at it's best! I somehow got lucky and picked the nicest non mosquito weather possible for the area. Oh, another thing I noticed... Inbred hillbilly looking people there seem to be able to land some smoking hot chicks!!! Seems like the less you care about your physical appearance the harder the chick will work her butt off to look smoking hot for you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #15557
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that would be a cool FI 4.0 six speed upgrade! 454 would require MASSIVE mods, a cummins would be far too heavy for those springs too, and long! It looks pretty cool, but the frame looks like its pretty heavily rusted from the front in that one pic! It could use the xj axles and everything too! Lots of work, and probably not much return on investment. Coup be fun though, but then again, that's what the tj is for. If it were a 67, it would be better, no smog!
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #15558
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, this one is on mojave right in front of the come plant!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3237632710.html
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #15559
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
but the frame looks like its pretty heavily rusted from the front in that one pic!

Heavily rusted? Thats cute.

just because something is brown doesnt mean its rusted. It likely doesnt have any paint on that portion of the frame (we arent talking about the brown bumper) and it has been exposed to the elements. just because there is corrosion and surface rust doesnt make the frame 'rusty' or 'rusted'

You shoulod have seen the frame of my 97 TJ.

i just used a screw driver to knock off the flaky chunks of metal then painted over it with rustoleum and never saw another spec of rust on it. i could literally flake off silver dollar sized layers of rust, and that wasnt even 'dangerous' rust.

Lol, desert people.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #15560
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Marn, this one is on mojave right in front of the come plant!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3237632710.html
and yeah, i saw that when it was posted before. looks like it could be a good project.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #15561
sirhk100

I actually made the comment yesterday that it's quite impressive how badly rusted some of the newer cars back there were! Like cars that are 5 years old with holes in fenders and completely reshaped jagged rusty edged body lines. I was curious what the undersides would've looked like! LOL

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #15562
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
the frame looks like its pretty heavily rusted from the front in that one pic!!
Are you talking about the picture where the front bumper has surface rust and the rest of the frame doesn't have any? That is not heavy rust by any stretch of the imagination.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #15563
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay, here's a post for Khris...

So, turns out all I'll need to lift the trailer is a few pieces of rectangle stock....

The torsion axle is a full assembly in itself. It is a square tube, with a flange on either end, that bolts to a frame extension that hangs down, thus keeping it centered between the two sides of the frame.

all it would need for lift is a piece of stock between the top of the flange and the actual frame. This would just add x amount of inches between the axle and the frame.

So, if one were to weld (securely) 2 pieces of stock to the top of the axle mounting flanges, then drill holes through them, and mount it to the frame extensions like that, it would be lifted.

see the pics:

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #15564
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

basically just have to weld in or bolt in some form of a spacer where this line between the axle flange and the frame are, then get it to bolt or weld it to the wing that hangs down from the frame.

right?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #15565
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't answer your question for sure, but you might want to take the camper back. Your frame looks pretty heavily rusted.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #15566
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I can't answer your question for sure, but you might want to take the camper back. Your frame looks pretty heavily rusted.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #15567
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I didn't look closely enough before saying something!
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #15568
sirhk100

LOL, yep!!! WAY TOO MUCH RUST THERE FOR ME TO DEAL WITH!!! HAHAHA

Is there like a "C" notch that the torsion basically is running thru the frame plate I guess you could say? Am I seeing that right?

From those pictures it's looking like you just need to basically unbolt that housing and create a means of lowering it down right? I'm 99% sure I've got some 2"x3" rectangle stuff laying around that's more then thick enough to hold up if you think that would work. I'm also 99% sure I have some 2"x2" square also (male receiver hitch material) that would possibly work too?

Not sure your schedule but maybe I'll try to swing by one evening this week to check it out in person and if it looks like something fairly simple (couple hours type deal) maybe we can knock it out this weekend or even next weekend since it looks like it's going to be even cooler and we'd be doing it in my driveway. It's not shaded till about 4ish in the driveway so depending on time we might be in the sun...

Oh and speaking of trailers... Roooooouuuubbbbiccooon, if you still need that piece welded up shoot me a PM, I'm sure we could knock that out one evening this week also or this weekend.

I'm typically home around 4-5ish so anytime after that and plan on being out in the garage most of this weekend. Today and Friday evening are tentatively booked though. LOL

PM me if you want to try and figure something out so it doesn't get lost in this thread and I miss it possibly.

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #15569
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

How much are you talking about. If you go too tall you will have to put in some lateral supports to help stabilize it.
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #15570
sirhk100

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah! I didn't look closely enough before saying something!
Typical chick!!! (LOL I really honestly don't know how you've become the one to pick on in here. I really shouldn't since you obviously take your guns much more serious then I do!!! LOL)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.