Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #1531
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Probably leaving to see some mines with BlazePSI around noon. Anyone else?

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #1532
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, stuck at stupid work can't go...stupid work.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1533
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

....First Offroad with somebody..Wohoo!
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1534
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Three years ago, it was borderline stock friendly. Two years ago, the rock garden grew and stock risked getting high centered. Last year to this, stock is out of the question unless you hate your Jeep.

Even now, you can go several miles before you reach the summit and rock garden just after. Still plenty to see before you turn around. You won't need any belly armor for most of the trail. Just that one part past the summit. Just turn around before the summit.

I did it this summer with a stock JKU Rubi, heck I think it even still had the temp tags on... if that counts as a stock vehicle. Only drug in a few spots, but this was coming from the Red Rock side. I had the wife drive while I spotted, I just set her up right off the bat in 4l all locked and the sway bar disco'd. She rocked it all the way, then would not shut up on how she did it
2011-07-15_09-53-50_34.jpg   2011-07-15_10-37-15_668.jpg  
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #1535
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I did it in the waggy over a year ago, made it through with zero issues. Only bruises I got was from backing my bumper into some rocks because my turning radius blows.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #1536
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I used to baby my Jeep on trails until I got my first thump. I dropped and put a dent in my gas tank skid. After that, I really didn't care about scratches or anything. I don't even care if a bush scratches my Jeep bumper to bumper. Like becoming a whore after getting my cherry popped.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #1537
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, stuck at stupid work can't go...stupid work.
So quit and be one of Vegas' 14%.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #1538
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I did it this summer with a stock JKU Rubi, heck I think it even still had the temp tags on... if that counts as a stock vehicle.
I meant a stock TJ. I think they came stock with 27's. What are stock JK's running? 31's? I'd love to have 4-dr JK. Sucks not having all the room and getting people in the back of a TJ is a pain.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #1539
medic4army
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm new to this forum and jeepin in general. Are there any good trail to hit out by Vegas? I'm from socal, so I have no idea here.
medic4army is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #1540
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb...you whore!!! Lol. I was the same way with my TJ, poked a pen tip hole in my back window from joshua tree. Now its scratched all to hell. Character marks and battle scars rock!! I would quit, but I kinda need the money. No money=no jeep fun. .
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #1541
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Go back to page 73 of this thread and read forward. There are plenty of coordinates!

There is this thread also. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/...evada-1258985/
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #1542
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I question if my old TJ on 33's would have made it, and that is only because of the open diffs... Heck I even wonder if I would get through now without a lift now that I added bumpers and armor

We really like the 4 door, it pretty much rocks. I used to leave the TJ home for the longer road trips due to space. Now our only consideration is 40+mpg in the tdi or 17ish in the Jeep.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #1543
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic4army View Post
I'm new to this forum and jeepin in general. Are there any good trail to hit out by Vegas? I'm from socal, so I have no idea here.
Not to pimp my website too much, but check it out. For a list of trails I've done in Clark County, go here. Not comprehensive, and it's a work in progress, but here's a lot I've done.

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...y-jeep-trails/
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #1544
medic4army
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Not to pimp my website too much, but check it out. For a list of trails I've done in Clark County, go here. Not comprehensive, and it's a work in progress, but here's a lot I've done.

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...y-jeep-trails/
I checked out your site. Many trails. Would u mind recommending a few that are close to Vegas? My girlfriend wants to go to Vegas, I wanna go 4-wheeling, so this is the middle ground. Haha. I'm just looking for moderately difficult trails for a day (or two) run in a JK Rubicon. Thanks!
medic4army is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #1545
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic4army View Post
I checked out your site. Many trails. Would u mind recommending a few that are close to Vegas? My girlfriend wants to go to Vegas, I wanna go 4-wheeling, so this is the middle ground. Haha. I'm just looking for moderately difficult trails for a day (or two) run in a JK Rubicon. Thanks!
A good days wheeling could be found by doing the Bitter Springs, Boathouse Cove and Anniversary Mine Roads. This will take you into the Lake Mead National Rec Area, but you get to avoid the toll booth going in this direction. Bitter Springs is easy, with a few obstacles, but takes you through some pretty scenic stuff with lots of places to get out and play. The Boathouse Cove Road is a bit more varied, you'll use your 4 wheel drive, and it take you down to the water. Anniversary Mine Road (particularly the western half) can be more difficult, plus you may need to stack some rocks to get past the midway point down in the wash. If you want to hike a couple of miles, head up to the narrows. They are worth the time and effort.

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...-springs-road/

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...use-cove-road/

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...ary-mine-road/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.