Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1027 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #15391
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That is pretty awesome dmgiff. I'm pretty jealous. I'm curious what the machine work and parts cost were for that 5.2. I need to find a block, mine is unrepairable, but I do not want to just drop a JY motor in with out rebuilding it.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #15392
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^Well, I'm glad you asked cuz I have the answer. After some networking, a friend told me to take it to Jack's Machine Shop over off Mojave and Stewart. I called the shop and got Jack himself. Super nice guy. We talked for quite awhile about the project and he told me if everything was good with the motor and it just needed a bore job and normal rebuild, it would be about $900 assembled and ready to go. He warned that the heads on 5.2 motors are known for cracking between the valve seats and it would get considerably more expensive if that was the case. So, my engine had about 187,000 miles on it. It needed new EVERYTHING. Heads, cam, lifters, timing gears and chain, etc, etc. The only thing I was able to keep and use was the block, crank, bolts and accessories. All in, mine was $2547 out the door, assembled and almost ready to go. Yes, that's a lot. A whole lot. Might have been cheaper to go with an LS. Would for sure have been cheaper to go with a stroker. And way easier.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #15393
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

But you'll have that awesome v-8 rumble!!
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #15394
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I had replaced the heads, timing chain and gear, valves, and I'll have to check but I think the cam as well less then 30,000 miles ago. The block I have needs 3 cylinders sleeved to be useable. It will be cheaper for me to get another block. I have been looking for used jeep motors with everyone wanting $600 and up with a ton of miles. I might break down and just get a dodge truck 5.2 or 5.9 and just do it. Or part the dang thing out which is looking more and more likely everyday.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #15395
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I guess I can let the cat out of the bag...

I came to a deal with the seller and I should be picking this up tomorrow. Actually from a member here on JF.

Welcome to the pop up club! They're fun, here's mine, '91 Coleman. The Mrs and my 40 year old back like it a whole lot better than sleeping on the ground. Also makes a nice work table for doin stuff, or storage.

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #15396
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Just need somebody that can weld...hint hint....
Me too
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #15397
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

Me too
I can weld
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #15398
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

They will survive just fine in the rain too, see this downpour while I was camping at Sunnyside. Nevermind all the beer cans
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #15399
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

...Finally got the interior of my trailer finished out. Paneling is done, carpet is done, got interior LED lights and switches. Today I wired in the ARB fridge, completed all wiring, and built a new brace/ tie down for the batteries.

Also got it all registered and legal. (spotted by Marn.) lol should be ready for it's maiden voyage this weekend in St. George.

Oh yea and the Jeep is coming along nice. Front 3-link is done, track bar is done, and just like the rear suspension....about 1 degree of pinion angle change throughout the entire motion!
image-2856379873.jpg   image-3144844318.jpg   image-2626559959.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #15400
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I can weld
I've got a trailer jack I need welded on to a trailer....
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #15401
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
...Finally got the interior of my trailer finished out. Paneling is done, carpet is done, got interior LED lights and switches. Today I wired in the ARB fridge, completed all wiring, and built a new brace/ tie down for the batteries.

Also got it all registered and legal. (spotted by Marn.) lol should be ready for it's maiden voyage this weekend in St. George.

Oh yea and the Jeep is coming along nice. Front 3-link is done, track bar is done, and just like the rear suspension....about 1 degree of pinion angle change throughout the entire motion!
DAMN YOU!!!!! You one upped me!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #15402
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I will fight back with more pics!!!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #15403
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Your trailer may be fancy and new, but mine has awesome 70's linoleum floors!!!!

Unread 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #15404
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

I've got a trailer jack I need welded on to a trailer....
I can do it you'll have to wait tell mid September unless you can get over here early tomorrow. I'm leaving town in the afternoon then next weekend going to Cali.
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #15405
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Trailer pics in in. This one my jeep unfortunately my jeep can not pull however it can fit inside. Lol

This one I hope to build eventually that my jeep will pull

That was when I picked it up it is currently sitting on my car hauler collecting dust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.