Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1026 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #15376
sirhk100

It's not uncommon to be skiing at Mammoth on 4th of July, they did last summer! The days typically aren't cold up there even in the winter, it's the nights that are the butt kicker! Either way, the place involves snow which I have zero interest in. You northeastern guys can brag all you want about your cold weather, I'll keep my growing up in San Diego, living in northern Az and now here weather patterns... The summers here do kinda suck but I'll take the rest of the year in exchange and even during the summer, it's really only the last couple weeks where it finally wears on me enough to be annoying!

Tahoe is pretty epic area too, is it worth the drive? Ehhhh, depends on what you have planned? If you're not boating or doing the rubicon Mammoth is just as good. From Mammoth you can hit June Lake which is pretty cool for boating if you want to get wet. Endless hiking, Yosemite is a hop and skip, mono lake is right there, Bishop is a cool little town worth checking out, down hill mtn biking if the mtn isn't snowed over and the trails are still open, etc...

Tahoe, ehhh, similar out doors activities, gambling on the east side of the lake, rubicon trail, and lots of trees. IMO it's not worth the extra drive cause Mammoth has a lot of the same stuff assuming your not going bar hopping in a boat! That's what Tahoe is to me!!! LOL

There's absolutely a chance Mammoth could see snow by Oct, slopes might not be open though.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #15377
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I guess I can let the cat out of the bag...

I came to a deal with the seller and I should be picking this up tomorrow. Actually from a member here on JF.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #15378
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I guess I can let the cat out of the bag...

I came to a deal with the seller and I should be picking this up tomorrow. Actually from a member here on JF.
I wonder if you can lift it? Haha
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #15379
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm officially a bad person. I stopped at subway for lunch and these people were letting their little **** kids run and scream all over the place. I was in line and the little bastards kept running into me so I tripped him. He hit the ground pretty good. I then said "excuse me I think your kid is crying." When they picked him up he said I tripped him. His mom said "no he didn't you were screwing around."
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #15380
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I wonder if you can lift it? Haha
pretty sure its torsion bar suspension at this point. A lil down the road it'll get a solid axle and 5 lug rims. thats not an early priority though.

an axle/spring kit from northern tool is like 200 bucks. Just need somebody that can weld...hint hint....

so, yes, i can and will lift it.

paint job first tho.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #15381
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I'm officially an AWESOME person. I stopped at subway for lunch and these people were letting their little **** kids run and scream all over the place. I was in line and the little bastards kept running into me so I tripped him. He hit the ground pretty good. I then said "excuse me I think your kid is crying." When they picked him up he said I tripped him. His mom said "no he didn't you were screwing around."

fixed it for you.

Unread 08-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #15382
sirhk100

Tripping a little kid in subway! Ha!!! You're my new hero!

Random but why would you want to lift that trailer? I could see the bigger tires being a bit better for towing and road manners but...

Unread 08-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #15383
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've had a little bit of an anger problem since I was little an I let it get the better of me. I can handle people not watching their kids. I know kids cry and make noise but to let them run wild, I couldn't take it anymore. I thought it was pretty funny no one in line said anything. If I pulled that crap when I was a kid my parents would have kicked the **** out of me in front of everyone to embarrass me. When I have kids they are def getting the belt.
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #15384
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Tripping a little kid in subway! Ha!!! You're my new hero!

Random but why would you want to lift that trailer? I could see the bigger tires being a bit better for towing and road manners but...
thats literally the only reason. I dont actually want it any higher, i just want it to actually have real tires.

The 12" rims and tires would not work on anything other than pavement or a graded dirt road. Definitely wouldnt be able to get into carpenter canyon even, and i'd hate to pull it through soft gravel or sand.

I dont plan on using it like an M101 or M416 trailer or whatever, its not for trails, but I'm definitely going to want to be able to take it down crappy roads and whatnot, ya know?

Unread 08-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #15385
sirhk100

Cool, totally makes sense!!! Was hoping you didn't have these grand ideas of running that hammers or rubicon with it in tow! LOL

Unread 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #15386
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm officially a bad person. I stopped at subway for lunch and these people were letting their little **** kids run and scream all over the place. I was in line and the little bastards kept running into me so I tripped him. He hit the ground pretty good. I then said "excuse me I think your kid is crying." When they picked him up he said I tripped him. His mom said "no he didn't you were screwing around."
I have always wanted to do that. You are the man.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #15387
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is what I've been working on for the last month... among other things... lengthened my front control arms...
empty-engine-bay.jpg  
Unread 08-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #15388
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And this is what it looked like as of last night. Almost done.
engine-1.jpg  
Unread 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #15389
sirhk100

Sweet!!!

Unread 08-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #15390
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, I'm pretty excited. Hopefully it won't be a huge letdown. Only hurdle I have left is getting an exhaust fabricated for it. The only known hurdle, I should say. I may or may not have computer issues I might have to chase down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.