Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1025 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #15361
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

School started yesterday, and do few people posting! Coincidence? I think not! Just saying....

Unread 08-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #15362
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I post sometimes.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #15363
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Between hunts? Season hours are sunrise to nine am and three pm to sunset? Roflmao!!
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #15364
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

You guys are funny. I have been busy planning my last minute trip up to Mammoth this weekend. I have been thinking about doing a trail there that goes up to Laurel Lakes.

Just in case anybody does not know what the Sierra's look like here is a video from another forum.
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #15365
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Though they did not make it to the end this is more YSB's speed. I seem to remember someone leading Mormon Wells road at about that speed last winter.

Unread 08-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #15366
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Somebody has way too much time on their hands!!!

Unread 08-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #15367
sirhk100

Mammoth has some epic trails up there! I'm hoping to spend some time up there next summer in my exploder cause it better be 4WD again by then! LOL I've got two long time grown up together type friends that live up there. One has a house overlooking Crowly lake who I'm actually meeting tonight for sushi and that's where I usually stay. The other one lives right in the town of Mammoth and actually skis home to his place from the slopes in the winter. They both love it up there and are lucky enough to have well paying jobs in that area! Not just ski bums...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #15368
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Somebody has way too much time on their hands!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeNs5...eature=related
thats nothing. literally.

here's one of his latest projects....
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64662

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #15369
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Mammoth has some epic trails up there! I'm hoping to spend some time up there next summer in my exploder cause it better be 4WD again by then! LOL I've got two long time grown up together type friends that live up there. One has a house overlooking Crowly lake who I'm actually meeting tonight for sushi and that's where I usually stay. The other one lives right in the town of Mammoth and actually skis home to his place from the slopes in the winter. They both love it up there and are lucky enough to have well paying jobs in that area! Not just ski bums...
I would love to be somewhere like that once the wife gets out of the military.

This is a last minute trip and we literally planned this week. Needless to say the only hotel that we could find under $250 a night was Motel 6. Being a ski town I can only imagine just how bad the carpets are in the rooms. But we do not plan on staying in the room too much and getting out of the heat will be a very nice change for us.
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #15370
sirhk100

You just missed this years, I couldn't go but I did go last year. If you like beer and good music this is quite possibly the best legit excuse to get out of the Vegas heat for a weekend during the summer you can imagine!!! Trust me, this is a damn good time!!!

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

Click on "brewries" to get an idea of the size of the event! each brewer typically has 4 beers on tap to choose from and it's all you can drink. Basically you wonder around a forest filled with ez-ups with people pouring unlimited beer under each of them in low 70's temps at 8000' elevation so it catches you fast! LOL There's a big stage setup in the forest where the blues bands play and lots of food vendors selling grub, had some amazing pulled pork nachos up there at last years bluesapooluza! LOL

I'm actually pretty jealous of my friends... One got a job as a civil engineer working for the town of mammoth making pretty substantial money and the other has a badge and is the guy that writes tickets for property and code violations. Their average weekend is what most of us dream of and spend months planning out...

Unread 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #15371
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Mammoth is nice. Only been there once though. Dani lived/worked up there for a good 4 or 6 months the other year and I went to visit her in the winter.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #15372
sirhk100

I've actually never been in the winter. I'm not a snow fan or absurdly cold weather fan. It's amazing up there during the summer though! Lots of hot springs to chill in at night!

Unread 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #15373
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've never been up there maybe sometime I'll go. I LOVE the cold weather and snow. Living in Maine changed me. If I could I would live there.

Marn BTW I made it over to rocket fizz and bought a case of moxie. It was $10 cheaper to buy it there then it is to order it online.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #15374
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've actually never been in the winter. I'm not a snow fan or absurdly cold weather fan. It's amazing up there during the summer though! Lots of hot springs to chill in at night!
I'm from NH and used to new england winters. cold, with a good bit of snow.

Mammoth was weird. There was literally 10' of snow on the sides of the roads and sidewalks, but in the day it would be like in the 40's

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #15375
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The high Sierra's are funny when it comes to the temps. I have been watching the temps for the last week to see what the highs/lows are and some of the areas have a huge range. I think one day I saw a 50 deg temp swing between the high and the low temps. I have not been to Mammoth in over 20 years, so this should be a good trip.

Right now we have an additional 2 night trip scheduled for October during the week. This one will be a kid free trip, the first of its kind in over 4 years. Right now we have 2 nights booked up in Lake Tahoe... but we are still on the fence if we should do Mammoth or Tahoe. We know that none of the resorts will be open, but we could hit snow. Tahoe is an additional 3 hours past Mammoth, which would add a total of 6 hours worth of driving. I am just not sure if it is worth it for only 2 nights.

Doc, my neighbors that are moving to Bend showed me this last night. Did you guys hit it up? http://www.cyclepub.com/index.html

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.