Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1022 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #15316
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
sure is quite in here today. All you sicko's out trolling the schools again or something?
No........ Zzzzzzzzzzzip.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #15317
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
sure is quite in here today. All you sicko's out trolling the schools again or something?
Funny, I sent this email in reply to how my truck works to a coworker just an hour or two ago...

Quote:
You should see what it does over the speed bumps at the mall and the local high school!!! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #15318
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My friend in VA works for a company that repairs medical equipment. So it is an unmarked Astro van with dark tinted windows and it has one of the security cages in the back to secure all of the equipment. The funny part is he drops his daughter off at school on he way out to work. He used to always put a candy jar on the dash to scare the other parents.

Not at the "Free Candy" level, but I still got a good laugh out of it. It would only be believable if it was one of those "Uncle Rico" style vans.
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #15319
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
My Mom keeps trying to push me into relationships because she wants grand kids. This weekend when talking to her on the phone, she started in on it again and told me that I needed to hang around at hospitals so I could find a doctor. Then she told me that I shouldn't hang out at elementry schools.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #15320
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

the only true response to that is to tell her that you have been hanging around at abortion clinics because you know the girls put out and they don't want kids.
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #15321
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That would have been an awesome response! Why the hell didn't I think of that?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #15322
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have years of experience being a smart ***. If you think that would offend her too much you could have always played on the "hanging around hospitals" part. Just make it mental hospitals and tell her that you were almost committed the last time that you did that. Then again if you really want to get her going tell her that you went for a trail ride with power and you guys had to go find some "reception" while you were on the trail.
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #15323
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

With a big black guy....
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #15324
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

He only looked 125 soaking wet... oh never mind
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #15325
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I was driving back from Cali yesterday and I couldn't believe I was in the slow lane doing 100 the whole way back and people were flying by me like I was going the speed limit. I even had a big rig pass me. I hate making that drive with my wife because she freaks out a lot on the freeway whether she is driving or not.

What was nice was due to my truck being in the shop we took the in laws extra car. An 07 turbo 3 series, that little thing could move and we got like about 26 mpg.
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #15326
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's so dangerous that a big rig passed you guys at 100+! If he had a blowout on any tire, people would die...lots of them! Crazy Calies!!
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #15327
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
What was nice was due to my truck being in the shop we took the in laws extra car. An 07 turbo 3 series, that little thing could move and we got like about 26 mpg.
I've ridden in one. They're pretty quick
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #15328
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I generally hate that drive on 15 in the Jeep. I feel like keeping the Jeep at the speed limit is hard enough. I could not imagine cruising in the triple digits in that pig, that is what the car is for.

Road trips suck because I want the car during the drive and the Jeep once I get there.
Unread 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #15329
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Yeah I generally hate that drive on 15 in the Jeep. I feel like keeping the Jeep at the speed limit is hard enough. I could not imagine cruising in the triple digits in that pig, that is what the car is for.

Road trips suck because I want the car during the drive and the Jeep once I get there.
My truck is great for road trips other then the fact that it gets 12 mpg on the freeway. It has enough power, it's high up, and it is huge inside. I need to get some highway treads on stock rims for it some time and see if I can do better then 12-14 mpg.
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #15330
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

In the garage I do text a ton cause I can reply in between cuts, welds, etc on my own time. I don't have to drop everything to answer and talk. Most people have figured out that it's rare that I even answer the phone these days cause most of my wake hours are either on the clock at work or in the garage working so text is the way to go right now cause I can reply when my hands aren't full. But like I said, I still don't see a need for a smart phone, my flip does texting just fine.

Well crap, sign me up!!!

I own a GPS and a MP3 player, they both work, ain't broke, don't fix it... Still can't justify the added cost. On larger purchases I typically do my research ahead of time and then go do my shopping rather then on the floor in front of the product. And there's nothing I can think of that I must scan craigslist daily for to make sure I don't miss out on a deal. LOL Only craigslist purchase I can think of is my 2nd exploder purchase late winter early spring. But I highly doubt those are in such high demand that I need a phone to scan every 5 minutes for me. LOL
So then Greg keeps his phone & you stick with yours, everyone's happy and problem solved.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.