Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1020 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Reply
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #15286
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
This is what I did this weekend

Tomorrow is a jack leg and then some hydraulic struts...
That is an awesome setup!

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #15287
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

There was a lot of rain, a flash flood warning and they closed the scenic loop due to water covered roadways.
The tunnel under the road on the way to devils peak today was flooded with about 2feet of water. Great run today! Can't wait until the pics and vids are posted, should be some cool stuff
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #15288
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,874
We didn't get any rain today just sunshine and upper 70's. Right now it's in the 60's with a refreshing breeze. I wish Cali wasn't soo screwed up.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #15289
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

The tunnel under the road on the way to devils peak today was flooded with about 2feet of water. Great run today! Can't wait until the pics and vids are posted, should be some cool stuff
Yeah, and no one of you waved at us! too good for us I see? That dip leading into/out of the tunnel on the west side was a little off camber!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #15290
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I wish I could have been there too! I love being out there in the rain, it's a completely different environment.
Last year on the way back from Wheeler's pass we hit Red Rock right after a storm passed through and I was able to snap this picture with my phone.
2011-08-27_17-21-06_289.jpg  
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #15291
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Last year on the way back from Wheeler's pass we hit Red Rock right after a storm passed through and I was able to snap this picture with my phone.
That's something you blow up and make big enough to cover a wall with!! If the photo is high enough quality, but phone pics usually aren't.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #15292
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, and no one of you waved at us! too good for us I see? That dip leading into/out of the tunnel on the west side was a little off camber!
Wait.. wha?? You guys were out there? We didn't even see you! How come you didn't come play? Where were you?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #15293
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,034
Ever since going out shooting with you guys I have been jonesin (obviously) for that XD and trying to talk the wife into letting me get a .223 as well so naturally I have been gathering opinions about .223's as they come up in conversations and I have to say, it's not been all that helpful. The AR-15 vs the Mini 14 is pretty much like asking Ford vs Chevy. There is not one solid consensus

So this is a summary of what I have been told.. anyone that wants to set the record straight is appreciated.

AR-15http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...search=ar%2015: Cheaper than mini 14, lots of aftermarket add on's (one guy said the AR is the "jeep of guns"), accurate over long distances, can swap out the mag and bolt and shoot .22 rounds for cheaper plinking

Ruger Mini 14 http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...er%20mini%2014: more expensive, different type of gas chamber system, very finicky about aftermarket mags, less common, not as accurate as the AR (I don't understand this one because there are soooo many hunting rifle mini-14's)

Am I on the right track here? I like the look of the supposedly more expensive mini 14 linked better than I like the look of the supposedly less expensive AR-15 linked. (yes I know these prices are just one person's interpretation, but the look is what I was after when I linked)
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #15294
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Ever since going out shooting with you guys I have been jonesin (obviously) for that XD and trying to talk the wife into letting me get a .223 as well so naturally I have been gathering opinions about .223's as they come up in conversations and I have to say, it's not been all that helpful. The AR-15 vs the Mini 14 is pretty much like asking Ford vs Chevy. There is not one solid consensus

So this is a summary of what I have been told.. anyone that wants to set the record straight is appreciated.

AR-15http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...search=ar%2015: Cheaper than mini 14, lots of aftermarket add on's (one guy said the AR is the "jeep of guns"), accurate over long distances, can swap out the mag and bolt and shoot .22 rounds for cheaper plinking

Ruger Mini 14 http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...er%20mini%2014: more expensive, different type of gas chamber system, very finicky about aftermarket mags, less common, not as accurate as the AR (I don't understand this one because there are soooo many hunting rifle mini-14's)

Am I on the right track here? I like the look of the supposedly more expensive mini 14 linked better than I like the look of the supposedly less expensive AR-15 linked. (yes I know these prices are just one person's interpretation, but the look is what I was after when I linked)
It is entirely Ford vs. Chevy. Everybody is going to have a preference. About the only thing that the AR has over the Mini 14 is the amount of aftermarket support. With that comes the bad as well as the good. Just with the Jeep world, there is a lot of Smittybilt crap out there for ARs. I don't know about the Mini, but I would assume it is the same way. Neither is more accurate than the other, I don't even see how anybody could make that distinction.

Decide what you want and go off of that. Don't let anybody sway your decision one way or the other otherwise you will wind up hating the rifle you have. If you want the Mini, get the Mini. If you want an AR, get an AR. Me personally, I want both.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #15295
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Sitting here at the les schwab amphitheater in Bend waiting for ZZ Top to take stage
See, this here is why I hate smart phones... You're in that situation and you really have NOTHING better to do then being on the internet posting this? If any of my friends did that I'd smack the phone out of their hands and tell them to look around and get a life! You're telling me there's not one cougar there to be staring at that's better then diddling with your phone?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #15296
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
You're telling me there's not one cougar there to be staring at that's better then diddling with your phone?
That's what the phone is for...so you can send your buddies pics
__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #15297
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

See, this here is why I hate smart phones... You're in that situation and you really have NOTHING better to do then being on the internet posting this? If any of my friends did that I'd smack the phone out of their hands and tell them to look around and get a life! You're telling me there's not one cougar there to be staring at that's better then diddling with your phone?
Nope. I was sitting there sipping my beer. Had been laying in the grass people watching for a few hours already so I took the opportunity to spend 30 seconds on my phone to post a comment out if boredom.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #15298
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

See, this here is why I hate smart phones... You're in that situation and you really have NOTHING better to do then being on the internet posting this? If any of my friends did that I'd smack the phone out of their hands and tell them to look around and get a life! You're telling me there's not one cougar there to be staring at that's better then diddling with your phone?
Get out on the garage and get back to work!!


You will give in one of these days and we will all laugh at you...from my phone in my daughters room while she is coloring
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #15299
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,551
The mini 14 could more accurately be described as mopar vs Chevy! The parts are a bit more expensive, but usually higher quality(exceptions always occur) the mini will supposedly last longer due to the piston bolt keeping it cooler, so after tens o thousands of rounds, it will have less wear. It will be a little heavier, and a little more difficult to find "video game" accessories for.
The AR is the Chevy! Produced by the millions with most parts interchangeable from one to another. Many low quality, poorly designed crap available at cheap prices. It will run hotter on the bolt and require more frequent deep cleaning. The cleaning procedure will also take more time to complete(unless you are military and have been trained repetitively) you can find just about any kind of toy to put on an AR with very little searching.
I have 2 ARs. Haven't even fired one of them yet, but I enjoy the hell out of the other one. It's all "video gamed out" with a red dot sight, fore grip, and light attachment. Am i EVER gaining to use the lights and crap? Hell no, but it looks cool and it's fun to shoot. My dad has a mini 14. I love shooting it too, but it's more difficult to find "video game" crap for as said above. It really is preference on which gun feels an looks better to you! Sturgio has a mini, and I'm sure if we all got together, you could do a side by side comparison.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #15300
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Wait.. wha?? You guys were out there? We didn't even see you! How come you didn't come play? Where were you?
We were the orange TJ and silver ZJ coming down the trail as you guys were heading away from the tunnel. You were second or third from the front. There was a turquoise yj or tj that looked heavily modified with your group? Couple of white TJs bringing up the rear? We had to be back by 300, so we were finishing up our day at that point.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.