Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1015 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Reply
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #15211
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 837
Might be a good deal if someone is looking for a winch.
http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...-winch/7807191

__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #15212
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post


I... Who... Wha...

This. I. Want. To. See.

It's a V6... No turbo, no NOS, no supercharger... The owner lives here in Vegas. It's a MEAN truck with a pretty nasty V6! LOL Yes, 40 spline full floater, he's broke them more then once too...











.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #15213
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,419
The order of mods I've chosen has been dictated by cash and availability of parts. I already have a few things in the garage, but nothing has/will go on until it meshes with the end plan. TC, cable shifter, body/engine lift, belly pan, driveshafts. Adams driveshaft says they can compensate for the lift I'm doing when they build the shafts. As long as they know what I currently have an what setup I'm going with, they tell me they can build a shaft that will work now and after the lift. If I lift now, I miss out on the TC and will need to find another or spend the same money on low kit/SYE/ different shifter, etc. I'm basing my build order on what Adams said they can do, and what parts come up. Ish sells if you don't jump on it. When I upgrade axles, the end joints new changed, not the whole shaft.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #15214
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
The order of mods I've chosen has been dictated by cash and availability of parts. I already have a few things in the garage, but nothing has/will go on until it meshes with the end plan. TC, cable shifter, body/engine lift, belly pan, driveshafts. Adams driveshaft says they can compensate for the lift I'm doing when they build the shafts. As long as they know what I currently have an what setup I'm going with, they tell me they can build a shaft that will work now and after the lift. If I lift now, I miss out on the TC and will need to find another or spend the same money on low kit/SYE/ different shifter, etc. I'm basing my build order on what Adams said they can do, and what parts come up. Ish sells if you don't jump on it. When I upgrade axles, the end joints new changed, not the whole shaft.
Those guys at Adams are good. I thought you were just swapping drive shafts for each instance. Good work.

But I still think your mind works like a teen girl's mind! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #15215
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,176
Finished up the new bumper install last night.
image-4244002630.jpg  
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #15216
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
And Andy don't tell me it sounds like he has thought it through! Powr's thought process is like a teen age girl picking her favorite pop star. If you need proof read through the 1k plus pages of this thread! Haha
Now nemesis, no need to dip yourself to the level of insults! I may think out loud about different things, but I've got a pretty decent idea what direction I'm taking. The lack of free funds have paid for the time to think it through and get peoples' opinions. There are a lot of people here that have a lot of experience building jeeps. I'm fortunate enough for them all to share their wisdom so I can save time, money, and aggravation.
I'm installing nothing unless I don't have to go back and redo something. You don't just buy racing heads for your motor and put them on. Then do a stroker crank. Then do a cam and carb. You save up your parts, pull the motor and build it at once! If I ask about HID lights or this or that, I'm just trying to gather info for future mods. I'm not necessarily buying something tomorrow.
My axle choice has been made by the fact that I cannot build one, and I'd rather have something with a warranty and been built by people that have done literally thousands of them.
Broke my D35 the first time making a u-turn on an empty street, and no where near lead footing it. The second time, was I think backing into my driveway, like Andy did. I don't think they are built very well, and the dealership didn't do a good job on the repair. I suppose the endless oil leaks at the pan are somehow my fault too for revving too high in 4-lo? Components break for a myriad of reasons, and for some reason everyone assumes its driver error! i didn't talk ish about you and your shifter issues, and it popping out of 4-lo by itself! You should have done that part of your lift upgrade right the first time, but I never said a word to anyone about it. You knew there was an issue and I'm sure you've corrected it.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #15217
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

But I still think your mind works like a teen girl's mind! Haha
That's by design! All the more easy to get them into bed....thus far unsuccessfully....and I'm married, so that can't end well for anyone! Lol
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #15218
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Now nemesis, no need to dip yourself to the level of insults! I may think out loud about different things, but I've got a pretty decent idea what direction I'm taking. The lack of free funds have paid for the time to think it through and get peoples' opinions. There are a lot of people here that have a lot of experience building jeeps. I'm fortunate enough for them all to share their wisdom so I can save time, money, and aggravation.
I'm installing nothing unless I don't have to go back and redo something. You don't just buy racing heads for your motor and put them on. Then do a stroker crank. Then do a cam and carb. You save up your parts, pull the motor and build it at once! If I ask about HID lights or this or that, I'm just trying to gather info for future mods. I'm not necessarily buying something tomorrow.
My axle choice has been made by the fact that I cannot build one, and I'd rather have something with a warranty and been built by people that have done literally thousands of them.
Broke my D35 the first time making a u-turn on an empty street, and no where near lead footing it. The second time, was I think backing into my driveway, like Andy did. I don't think they are built very well, and the dealership didn't do a good job on the repair. I suppose the endless oil leaks at the pan are somehow my fault too for revving too high in 4-lo? Components break for a myriad of reasons, and for some reason everyone assumes its driver error! i didn't talk ish about you and your shifter issues, and it popping out of 4-lo by itself! You should have done that part of your lift upgrade right the first time, but I never said a word to anyone about it. You knew there was an issue and I'm sure you've corrected it.
I wasn't insulting you, it was a simple joke! It seems you have thought it through. It was just hard to tell since you talk about a different idea every other day! Haha

And my 4 lo shift problem was from my lift kit install, completely my fault. But at least I knew enough about my jeep to know I could shift it manually, unlike quite a few people I've met (not mentioning names). Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #15219
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,176
Powr, time to unwad your panties! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #15220
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,419
Hey, hey, hey, now youre being insulting again! What is it with you and Davidson where you have to always say ish about me in a round about way? Maybe I just have a guilty conscience? JK we all do stuff that we probably shouldn't. It's a very good thing that you knew enough to shift manually. The reason you knew is because you were there and did the install and understood what was being done and how it works! KUDOS!! You don't just drop it off and pick it up done, if you don't know, you have someone help you so you can learn! Good job.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #15221
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Powr, time to unwad your panties! Haha
But how am I going to get off while I'm walking??
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #15222
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

But how am I going to get off while I'm walking??
You're messed up dude! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #15223
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,419
I make it too easy for everyone to have an entertaining morning! Shows over, carry on, carry on. Nothing to see here! Move along now....
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #15224
Spaceball
Senior Member
 
Spaceball's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Finished up the new bumper install last night.
What brand is that? Or did you make it? Looks good!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #15225
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

What brand is that? Or did you make it? Looks good!
I bought it off eautogrilles on eBay. It is 3/16 steel plate, welded through d rings, has winch mounting holes and is two stage powder coated! Install was easy, I just had to drill two holes to mount the lights up.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.